You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pocket Aces, 3 kings on board

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
This hand below, I have pocket aces, opponent is pretty loose and bluffy.

All that being said, i'm not loving life here on the river.

No1 ever folds a full house! Would you have played this hand any different?

On the river, call or fold?
conanarry Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.16
conall332 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.56
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

LARSON7 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £4.19
1aa__gray Fold     
xCall  £0.20 £0.46 £4.22
garner909 Fold     
conanarry Fold     
conall332 Call  £0.16 £0.62 £4.40
Flop

• K

conall332 Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £0.31 £0.93 £3.88
xCall  £0.31 £1.24 £3.91
conall332 Fold     
Turn

• K

LARSON7 Check     
Bet  £0.62 £1.86 £3.29
LARSON7 Call  £0.62 £2.48 £3.26
River

• K

LARSON7 Check     
Bet  £1.86 £4.34 £1.43
LARSON7 ?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Never fold in a milllion years. Shove, people don't fold FHs and you've got the nut FH. If he's got the case K then meh ul.
  • edited May 2013
    So you're betting the river here? And if so how much
  • edited May 2013
    I would still check on the river like you have now oppo has the lead and then jam over the top- if villain has 10 he will call or lower pocket pair he calls- if he has K it's just ul.
  • edited May 2013
    No I'd check as you've done, but I'm checking to jam over the top 100%
  • edited May 2013
    On the turn it is a scare card, i don't want to be bloat the pot, so go for a check call line. Which also keeps in all his bluffs.

On the river, king is decent enough! Unlikely he has the case King, but he might have.

Again i'm happy to check call. I just called the river bet.
  • edited May 2013
    it's a long term value thing here isn't it - if that situation comes up 10 times how many times does the oppo have the king to make quads - once? so other 9 times you at least win the £4.34 and more likely the full £9 or whatever. only once do you lose the £9 yourself. Assuming they fold to your shove every time (which they wouldn't but just for an example) over 10 hands you'd win 36 (9 x £4) and lose 9 so a profit of £27 over the 10 hands. so i'm raising all in here every time like those above.
  • edited May 2013
    Words cannot express just how bad it would be long term to just flat the bet especially at 4nl where people are even more likely to bet/call so many worse hands
  • edited May 2013
    snap shove river
  • edited May 2013

it might have been more better to have did a 1/2 pot bet on the turn right away because although the 3 kings are now ahead what you still ahead of yourself is a flush draw and QJ so what you have did by checking is allowed them a chance to semi bluff in an attempt to steal the pot had the 3rd K not hit the river you would be in a much harder spot. here it is always a jam