You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why does bad players always win

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
why do??? I was going to ask why certain people always win. why certain people are always luckier than other, why random chance favours other the so called better players win 9 out of 10 races. Team this Team that. Or why you start to win with rubbish only to spectaular to lose with aa ak kk or high card against 83 off 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    bad players sometimes win, not always

otherwise poker would be full of winners

now that just ain't possible

• edited May 2013
    In Response to why does bad players always win:
    why do??? I was going to ask why certain people always win. why certain people are always luckier than other, why random chance favours other the so called better players win 9 out of 10 races. Team this Team that. Or why you start to win with rubbish only to spectaular to lose with aa ak kk or high card against 83 off    
    Posted by Silvafox
    I see from your stats that you only play £2.30 & £5.75 Bounty Hunters and always at a similar time of the day, so inevitably you are going to come across the same players time & time again.

You ask "why certain players always win" - Well, if you play the same players time & time again, you are always going to remembers the same players that beat your hand, however, when you win, you will never remember the players you beat.

Bounty6 Hunters have a very high variance & it can be a very long learning curve. Sometimes the ABC hands you would normally play in NLH are just way off the mark compared to the type of hands we would be leading with in a Bounty Hunter Tournament.

Play your hands much slower, widen your range, Obviously Aces & Kings are good to get them all-in with pre-flop, but if you want to see a flop, have a big look at connected cards instead of waiting for premium hands. Fold when you don't hit, but don't be scarred to chase if you hit the up & down straight or flush draw.

Your hand/game sample (According to your stats) is far too small to conclude that regs are winning 9 times out of 10 and I would suspect that in reality this is probably much lower, however, if you feel you have a good case, then I would suggest, reducing your bet sizing pre-flop & down the streets & widening your starting hands to include most connected cards from 56 upwards. Keep your bets LOW & if you don't connect then fold to any aggro bets.

Best of Luck
    Pokertrev.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: why does bad players always win:
    Tag @IDCU.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I dribbled a little
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to why does bad players always win:
    Posted by Silvafox
    what is that these bad players win exactly, maybe a hand now and again and the odd bink but there not winning tournaments consitantly, i notice certain players ive played and they do everything wrong yet i look on there sharkscope and there winning players but over maybe only 1k games or something, these guys will get lucky now and again but its best for the game to keep these guys interested in my opinion!!!
  • edited May 2013
    i dont always win just sometimes:)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: why does bad players always win:
    i dont always win just sometimes:)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Yer sats to 25k mainly...lol.
  • edited May 2013
    Perhaps these "bad" players are better than you?
  • edited May 2013
    I don't win and i'm BADDDDD!

If you play low level stakes you will ge a higher % of shall we say 'adventurous' players. Yes they win on occasion but believe me good solid players will win more in the long run or adapt their game. It's not rocket science. Anyone might say you're suggesting its fixed. Well let's not bring that silly old chestnut up, shall we....oops!
  • edited May 2013
    There's this thing us 'lucky' players use to win hands that regular players otherwise wouldn't.

It's called Skill.

#gg