You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a viable play in a 10 seater by my opponent?

hi guys

This exit hand occurred in the Orfordable 10 seater. People limping early had shown a couple of rereaise AI's showing AA/KK that sort of stuff. It seemed a bit obvious really.
 I decided to raise the limp, hoping for QQ/KK and a AI from him or reraise from someone later hopefully getting heads up. I didn't want to ai as my stack was too large and would have been obvious that i had a prem pr imo. He calls from UTG so i'm thinking AK-ATs, jj-88+. He did have the stack to call heads up. Flop is good for me. My half pot bet on flop is called. Heart is a scare card but i bet small to induce as my stack size will be calling anyway and i still have outs for the nut flush.
He turns over 75s and i'm surprised that he opens utg with 75s and calls a raise from utg+1.
 Am i missing something here? He'd not been uber-aggressive that i'd noticed. Is it a viable play? Is my bet sizing wrong? Should i have got away from it on turn though my stack is very short then?
Opinions appreciated.....cheers.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSCIFI65Small blind 200.00200.0022575.00friskBig blind 400.00600.005670.00 Your hole cardsAA
Call 400.001000.0011530.00profman15Raise 1200.002200.005537.50daggers747Fold    Ice_TigerFold    21312Fold    jamie79Fold    Tsaaaar
Call 800.003000.0010730.00Flop  4910

Call 1500.006000.009230.00Turn  Q

Show57   profman15ShowAA   River  6
WinFlush to the Queen14075.00 19267.50

Comments

• edited May 2013
    id play pretty much the same apart from set him in on the turn ya turn bet is to weak 
  • edited May 2013
    Just shove the turn, otherwise well played.

Don't worry about your opponents play, you can't do anything abuot that. Although as you ask, it's pretty bad...

limp/call 57s (or any hand) UTG = very bad.

Doing it against a guy who has raised and only had 15xBB at the start of the hand = very very bad.

You say he hasn't been aggressive but he hasn't here either, he's been abuot as passive as can be, limp and then call a raise, then check/call a FD. His play is bad but don't worry about it. If he does this 100 times, you win lots of chips :)
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers guys

tbh, i was trying to look weak on the flop as i thought i had a good chance of being up against AQ, AT, KQ even and knew i'd be calling a raise on turn and i'd still have outs for the nut flush or better two pair. His all-in was only half pot effectively and i knew that i was playing to the river once the flop came down and with my stac size and his range of hands for a call utg. Didn't work out but not unduly bothered. It happens.

PS Actually the bh i was playing alongside was worse. I had KJo heads up  with AQT(two diamonds) board. Money gets in. We both have KJ but he has one diamond and a you've guessed diamond, diamond comes to take the pot. Its happened once before to me and i was sick. This time i laughed and wished the guy gl and hoped he took the T down. I think i'm taking these too well now!!!