You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

River decision.

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
£2.30 BH

Reads on villain.....hadn't played many hands but had recently doubled up after open shoving 1.5k with A3o and getting looked up by a guy with 22. So not sure what to make of his shove here. Must be beat??
kevlar24 Small blind  20.00 20.00 6897.50
waller02 Big blind  40.00 60.00 2962.50
 Your hole cards

GADGETBOY1 Fold     
xCall  40.00 100.00 3230.00
kevlar24 Fold     
waller02 Check     
Flop

waller02 Check     
xCheck     
Turn

waller02 Bet  75.00 175.00 2887.50
Call  75.00 250.00 3155.00
River

waller02 Bet  160.00 410.00 2727.50
xAll-in  3155.00 3565.00 0.00
waller02 ??

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I maybe wrong but don`t think I ever fold this hand to this type of opponent could be over value an over pair/5x hand/busted draw and you still beat some 7x hands  plus it`s a 2.30bty from experience it`s wild lol.
  • edited May 2013
    It's a fold this early on, no need to go broke here.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: River decision.:
    It's a fold this early on, no need to go broke here.
    Posted by splashies
    even with my reads on oppo??
  • edited May 2013
    yeh i think it's an easy fold, we've only invested just over 200 chips. Str8 combos of A4 + 46 beat us, we lose to quite a few 7's and 33 55 22, even vs this kind of villain I doubt we're ahead much.

If we fold a winning hand, then who cares this early on, with so little invested. We don't even get his bounty if we call and win.
  • edited May 2013
    what are u beating what is gonna shove here that your beating  
  • edited May 2013

My thoughts were that there were more hands that the oppo would play this way that I beat though.......7x's, 5x's, 88,99,10's as well as busted flush draws.

This guy had previously open shoved A3o......so his play can be described as wild. Without reads I am folding everyday but against a shove happy maniac I felt I could be ahead here enough to warrant the call. But I also appreciate your point about it being too early to take what can only be described as a gamble, so I guess folding has to be the correct thing to do.

• edited May 2013
    I like to gamble though lol

knew I was prob wrong but every1 is different and we do all have reasons for calling and folding go with your gut m8
  • edited May 2013
    If you think he's sticking it in light, then make the call. What good are your reads if you don't go with them?

It's a fold most of the time but we've all come across those lunatics who just do crazy things.
  • edited May 2013

I'd bet the flop, by the way. Limped pot, let's get some money in.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: River decision.:
    If you think he's sticking it in light, then make the call. What good are your reads if you don't go with them? It's a fold most of the time but we've all come across those lunatics who just do crazy things.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    My reads are no good.....he had A4. haha

But, I stand by my call (ish) given the way he had been playing beforehand.......although I don't think I had enough history with him to be fully confident I was ahead. There are certain players out there who will go crazy here with plenty of hands that I beat and I would still put him in that bracket tbh......just not on this occasion!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Ye think I call this fwiw. 

Why? Previous A3 hand, and also because it is a 2.30BH and there are lots of lunatics about!

Oh and we have trop 7s! :)

• edited May 2013
    bet flop

easy fold river