You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

multi tabling

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
hi guys and girls, complete newbie to poker so watched the shows read the forums (don't understand the abbreviations but that will come)  played 2 tourneys, deep stack & bounty hunter all ok until late stages then things got to quick, final tabled both events then it was to, fast, had playable hands on both tables timed out on both, all advice is play multi table I tried two and screwed up 3 & 6 finish should I have closed down the least valuable table and just concentrated on the table of 3 and just took the chance of laddering up  on the other( I think I was in top 3 chip lead on each table)

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Well done on final tabling both tournaments- very impressive for a newbie and welcome to the forums. I definetly wouldn't of closed down either of the tables you could easily of gone onto win either even with missing the odd hand and closing down one table means you don't even give yourself a chance to get higher in that one- with more experience of multitabling you will be fine in the latter stages, maybe practise playing 2 tables on the lowest double your money games as you will often end up down to 4 players in each ( i think they run at 55p level) and untill you fell comfortable playing 2 tables when the action is thick and fast stick to just 1 mtt, good luck it won't take long to get used to multitabling.
  • edited May 2013
    Learning t multi table is hard, not going to lie. 

I done 12 for the first time yesterday - live been playing 5 years. After 2 hours i sent a friend a text, "how do you do this"

Anyways the key ive found over my experiance is build up slowly. Cash is easier than mtts as when your 6 handed it alls you "breathing time" if you like. If you prefer mtts id recommend sit and goes normally but double your moneys are just painful imo. This would help you when you end up in the above situation again. 

I definately think shutting off a table is a mistake, expessially when your 3/6 in both. Dont get me wrong, ive only experianced that problem once and i know its hard. I ended up Hu in both mine at the same time - that wasnt pretty. 

Youve experianced probably the hardest part of multitabling now though. from now its plain sailing. 

Best of luck at the tables. 

P.S. i like you alias. 
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    well played tut tut,

2 final tables is brilliant.
    well done

multi-tabling does seem fast at first and i'm not surprised at all that you made some mistakes.
    I also think it would have been a mistake closing 1 table down.
    you obviously played both well getting to the final table of both tournies,and i'm guessing but maybe panicked a little towards the end,which I know I would have anyway.
    keep on playing 2 tables and when you find yourself sat there twiddling your thumbs so to speak and waiting for your turn,then you know it's time to add a third table.
    the mistake I made and many others I suspect is concentrating on the outcome of 1 table and missing the action on the other table/tables.oh...and also panicking and making mistakes,especially the time bar running out,
    once you get past this you will soon be able to play a lot more tables.
    practise makes perfect and you will get faster.

gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Tut
    As you are a complete newbie I would say just play 1 at first until you get more comfortable with betting and working out whats happening eg your cards in relation to the cards coming out and what your opponents have and everything else lol
    As you play more then some stuff becomes automatic just like driving a car and at that point then you can add  tables slowly but remember that the more tables you play the less you can process with regards to how your opponents play its just balancing your ability and the level you are playing at. I can play 9 sit n gos at up to the £5 level but would never play 9 £10 sit n gos at once as the players are generally better.
    hope that helps
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: multi tabling:
    great name
    Posted by aussie09
    Love it!