You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Goldenballs

edited February 2014 in The Rail
Say it's 20k in the final.

And you know 100% your opponent is going to Split, Would you Split or steal?

For anyone who hasn't seen it you have 2 balls, a split ball and a steal ball.

If both players pick split, you share the money. If some1 goes for split and the other steal, then person "stealing" gets all the money. If both players pick steal they get nothing.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Goldenballs:
    Say it's 20k in the final.  And you know 100% your opponent is going to Split, Would you Split or steal? For anyone who hasn't seen it you have 2 balls, a split ball and a steal ball. If both players pick split, you share the money. If some1 goes for split and the other steal, then person "stealing" gets all the money. If both players pick steal they get nothing.
    Posted by LARSON7

Got to be steal then
  • edited May 2013
    It's got to be a steal.

If you pick Split, it's 50/50 that you get either £10k or nothing.
    If you pick Steal, it's 50/50 that you get either £20k or nothing.

If your opponent's not someone of a "fair mind" then you're 100% to get nothing anyway. Unless you're on with a mate, you've got to steal. I've never seen the show but unless I'm misunderstanding something, you should always steal. Give them half the money afterwards if you want to.
  • edited May 2013
    I would steal every day of the week but I have a plan for people that I like, If I feel that the person there with me is a nice person but I dunno if they are acting, but they choose spilt and turns they are genuine I would then send them a cheque for half the cash.

but on other hand you get the people that will just steal and put on an act think they can fool me and I know this well if I ain`t gettin the cash neither are they steal lol.

my first bit kinda defeats the purpose of the game but im such a nice guy lol.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs:
    I would steal every day of the week but I have a plan for people that I like, If I feel that the person there with me is a nice person but I dunno if they are acting, but they choose spilt and turns they are genuine I would then send them a cheque for half the cash. but on other hand you get the people that will just steal and put on an act think they can fool me and I know this well if I ain`t gettin the cash neither are they steal lol. my first bit kinda defeats the purpose of the game but im such a nice guy lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    lol if i knew 100 % they were splittin, id split.

If not, id steal and if they split send em half like you said, only fair:)
  • edited May 2013
    There is no scenario on golden balls where I'd ever consider splitting.
  • edited May 2013
    Got to be a steal, and his hub caps on the way home..
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : lol if i knew 100 % they were splittin, id split. If not, id steal and if they split send em half like you said, only fair:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    Why?

Its a gameshow against a stranger that your never likely to see again 
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by Lambert180
    pretty much this

no brainer imo
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by Lambert180

.....your opponent was Emma?..... 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : .....your opponent was Emma?..... 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Still steal obv, cos we'll just split it when we get home :)

(assuming she knew not to steal too lol)
  • edited May 2013
    Tell youre opponent you are definitely stealing.  Don't lie to them.  Say honestly 'I am going to steal.  I will write a cheque for you after, for half the amount.... but I am 100% stealing.  If you choose steal we both get nothing and all of this has been for nothing'.  They'll have to split as their 1 scenario of seeing any money is if they split.  You can write a cheque for them if you wish after... or you could just walk off with the money like a cheeky sod.

Fullproof.
  • edited May 2013
    Tell youre opponent you are definitely stealing.  Don't lie to them.  Say honestly 'I am going to steal.  I will write a cheque for you after, for half the amount.... but I am 100% stealing.  If you choose steal we both get nothing and all of this has been for nothing'.  They'll have to split as their 1 scenario of seeing any money is if they split.  You can write a cheque for them if you wish after... or you could just walk off with the money like a cheeky sod. Fullproof.
    Posted by gazza127
    This....just what I said when I used to watch the show....don't know if they had a rule stopping you saying that though.you could still arrange it in the green room 
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by Lambert180
    What about if the opponent was some terminally ill 50 yr old woman who has 5 yrs left to live, but she also has a daughter who's seriously ill and needs a life saving operation, which costs exactly half of the the final prizepool in the split or steal round?

And u can't say "steal to make sure I get something then give them half later" coz imagine how horrible you'd look in front of the whole nation. It's not an option in this scenario.
  • edited May 2013
    Just to put a poker spin on this - Liv Boeree before she became better known as a poker player

youtube.com/watch?v=y6GhbT-zEfc
  • edited May 2013
    ruthless cow! lol

"The only way to make money in this game is to steal" 
  • edited May 2013
    Tell youre opponent you are definitely stealing.  Don't lie to them.  Say honestly 'I am going to steal.  I will write a cheque for you after, for half the amount.... but I am 100% stealing.  If you choose steal we both get nothing and all of this has been for nothing'.  They'll have to split as their 1 scenario of seeing any money is if they split.  You can write a cheque for them if you wish after... or you could just walk off with the money like a cheeky sod. Fullproof.
    Posted by gazza127

This was done but for a different reason.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qjK3TWZE8
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : Still steal obv, cos we'll just split it when we get home :) (assuming she knew not to steal too lol)
    Posted by Lambert180
    The correct answer to this question was "Of course I'd split with Emma. I have complete trust and faith in my girlfriend. She'd definitely split the money with me one way or another."

Llamas, I think that's -10 points for Lambert. lol
  • edited May 2013
    In that situation you have to 100% split as it's the only scenario where you're guaranteed to take the cash home as a pair.

Ordinarily though, the right play is always the steal.
  • edited May 2013
    deal oh wrong programme
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : This was done but for a different reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qjK3TWZE8
    Posted by jonjo75
    As i was watching this i KNEW he was going to split, his strategy was too obvious. So if i was the other fella i would have chosen steal and took the lot. 
  • edited May 2013
    What has this go to do with "Poker Chat"?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : Still steal obv, cos we'll just split it when we get home :) (assuming she knew not to steal too lol)
    Posted by Lambert180
    If this is your plan surely you should just split?  If you both steal you get nothing.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : As i was watching this i KNEW he was going to split, his strategy was too obvious. So if i was the other fella i would have chosen steal and took the lot. 
    Posted by sighcall
    Me too. 

Spotted this one for £66k whie watching it

lol at the Liv Boree one although you got to feel for the guy and his kids watching at home. He was to honest for his own good
  • edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtr8-VMj0E

This one has got to be the funniest. He looks like me when I bust out on the bubble. Does he not understand the point of the game though?

Again was so obvious she was going to steal.
  • edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtr8-VMj0E This one has got to be the funniest. He looks like me when I bust out on the bubble. Does he not understand the point of the game though? Again was so obvious she was going to steal.
    Posted by sighcall
    aww . You spoilt the ending. I thought she was splitting until i realised she,s been had before. Ouch
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Goldenballs : aww . You spoilt the ending. I thought she was splitting until i realised she,s been had before. Ouch
    Posted by MP33
    Lol didnt the first sentacnce give it away anyway?