You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really don't know what to think of this one

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I'd been playing this 10nl table for a while and had got up to around 90 quid, really felt in the zone then this hand came up. The guy had been typing in the chat box about "playing until even" He'd won a few hands including JJ 4 hands previously which he doubled up through. Beyond that i'd pretty much been dominating him in a good long series of pots and he hadn't got out of line that i'd noticed.

Firstly are you guys calling the turn here or raising?
Secondly what do you do on the river?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind £0.05£0.05£35.22NightdriveBig blind £0.10£0.15£5.03 Your hole cardsQQ   daragh1980Raise £0.30£0.45£21.86cardcrashFold    bigandy18Raise £0.90£1.35£90.45xCall £0.85£2.20£34.37NightdriveFold    daragh1980Call £0.60£2.80£21.26Flop  8J3   xCheck    daragh1980Check    bigandy18Bet £2.10£4.90£88.35xCall £2.10£7.00£32.27daragh1980Fold    Turn  6   xCheck    bigandy18Bet £5.25£12.25£83.10xRaise £10.50£22.75£21.77bigandy18Call £5.25£28.00£77.85River  A   xBet £14.00£42.00£7.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    any thoughts at all guys?
  • edited May 2013
    worried about the raise on the turn this usually means alot of strength n then fires on a nasty river for u 

for me its a fold looks like a set u only beating a bluff
  • edited May 2013

If it wasn't a fold on the turn, it certainly is now.

The most likely hands he can have on the turn that we beat are AJ and the nut flush draw. Both of which now beat us.

I think turn is a fold, especially this deep & with your note saying you hadn't seen him get out of line. A check/min raise on the turn is a vvvvvvvvv strong line, no reason to think any different here?.

Interesting that you ask if it's a call or a raise on the turn, you ruled out folding then?

fwiw raising wud be rly bad.

Easy fold now.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Really don't know what to think of this one:
    If it wasn't a fold on the turn, it certainly is now. The most likely hands he can have on the turn that we beat are AJ and the nut flush draw. Both of which now beat us. I think turn is a fold, especially this deep & with your note saying you hadn't seen him get out of line. A check/min raise on the turn is a vvvvvvvvv strong line, no reason to think any different here?. Interesting that you ask if it's a call or a raise on the turn, you ruled out folding then? fwiw raising wud be rly bad. Easy fold now.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I had ruled out folding at the time due to the min raise, still unsure if folding is an option. It still confuses me to be honest. Looking through the hand again I can still see it being a set but still unsure. As I said I hadn't seen him make any moves but as we all know that doesn't mean he couldn't. Hmmmmm....don't like it.
  • edited May 2013
    On the turn, folding >> calling >>>>>>>>>>>>>> raising

Easy fold on river.
  • edited May 2013
    3bet bigger pre

he's repping nothing but prob has it just fold although that is one awesome price he's giving you
  • edited May 2013
    Got a read on his min raises?
  • edited May 2013
    3bet bigger pre he's repping nothing but prob has it just fold although that is one awesome price he's giving you
    Posted by percival09
    Bigger than 3x it pre? Then i'm asking him to fold his worse hands surely?
  • edited May 2013
    Got a read on his min raises?
    Posted by NColley
    I Wish! Looked back through the history and it was the first time he'd done it since I was in the session anyway.
  • edited May 2013
    In the hands you won vs him did he ever raise you post flop or did he just call down?

Turn is just wierd by villain because hes not sizing it to go all-in on the river, yet its a min raise and one thing thats for sure is weak/bad players love to min raise strong hands.
  • edited May 2013
    In the hands you won vs him did he ever raise you post flop or did he just call down? Turn is just wierd by villain because hes not sizing it to go all-in on the river, yet its a min raise and one thing thats for sure is weak/bad players love to min raise strong hands.
    Posted by NColley
    Just looked over it again and most of the hands he lost he was calling down. So do we think this points more towards monster?