You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What has happened to this site?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi Guys,

can i ask , what has happened to this site?

there used to be friendly banter,some real fun people when i first started......but now, the only people talking are shouting insults,the teams seem to have disappeared,the forum is filled with useless waffle,the major tournaments are always won by new players,who never seem to play again........

where are all the fun people?  did they disappear over night? i cant remember any names but im sure one of them was djblack or something like that....he always made me chuckle,had an answer for anything,as well as a few others...

this place has been deserted...

can anyone tell me what has happened to them?

BB:)xx

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I'm still here. I'm fun.

Right? Guys? :/
  • edited May 2013

I don't follow any of the teams so I can't comment on that..

I think generally the forum is very interesting if you have an intense fascination with poker. If not, then sometimes it's a bit dull. There will be occasional funny threads but essentially poker is a pretty dry subject if you only have a passing interest in it.

It's apparently getting towards summer too, so there may be less traffic in these parts while the sun is threatening to make an appearance and the days are longer.

Moaning posts, useless waffle (who, me?), n00bs winning tournaments: That's just stuff that happens and is bound to happen.

• edited May 2013
    What's you're real name BecksyBoo and have you had an account here previously under a different name?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What has happened to this site?:
    What's you're real name BecksyBoo and have you had an account here previously under a different name?
    Posted by TommyD
    this is my only account on here......i didnt know you were allowed more than one...

and why is my real name important?

who are you anyway?

i had heard rumours,but i assumed they were just sour grapes.... but it seems as tho they were all true...

my real name is S W....

:)

BBxx
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to What has happened to this site?:
    Hi Guys, can i ask , what has happened to this site? there used to be friendly banter,some real fun people when i first started......but now, the only people talking are shouting insults,the teams seem to have disappeared,the forum is filled with useless waffle,the major tournaments are always won by new players,who never seem to play again........ where are all the fun people?  did they disappear over night? i cant remember any names but im sure one of them was djblack or something like that....he always made me chuckle,had an answer for anything,as well as a few others... this place has been deserted... can anyone tell me what has happened to them? BB:)xx
    Posted by BecksyBoo
    prob have better things today unlike us poker geeks, drugs, alcohol abuse, orgys, in jail, who knows, im not really to fussed, a game of pokers a game of poker to me, when i want fun i do as above but not so often these days, been there got the tee shirt and had it ripped. ;-)
  • edited May 2013
    You only joined Sky Poker 3 Months ago

You have only ever played 3 games on Sky Poker

And you have only ever posted 10 times,,,,,5 of those was in your intro thread

How can you be missing anyone already? :)
  • edited May 2013
    and .............djblack was long gone before you joined
  • edited May 2013
    and ............. djblack was long gone before you joined
    Posted by POKERTREV

actually i joined a long time ago,i just never played.....

or posted on the forums  as i thought you were all a bunch of Twa ts...

but its nice to see how you all jump out of your shadows, even tho i personally tried to talk to you trev on the tables....

i prefer to play cash, not tournys.....

so really you are a winker.....

:) BBxx

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What has happened to this site? : this is my only account on here......i didnt know you were allowed more than one... and why is my real name important? who are you anyway? i had heard rumours,but i assumed they were just sour grapes.... but it seems as tho they were all true... my real name is S W.... :) BBxx
    Posted by BecksyBoo
    The reason I ask is that in your OP you quote a member who has been chat banned from the forum for many many months, as such all of his posts have disappeared.  All apart from one but you have to really go looking for that one.  However if we go back to your 'Hi' thread in Feb of this year you talk about how you're a new member, just joined because of some mates yadda yadda yadda.  Now this is where tell me you were reading the forum long before you joined and so on and so forth.  All of which may very well be true.  Then again, you're posting style is very familiar.  Might just be a coincidence.  Was fun reading that Hi thread, think a few people had a 'Crying Game' moment.  Or not, doesn't really matter.

As for the hanging line you've put there about me that resembles a badly worded Psychology exam answer, ha ha, very good.  Hi, I'm Tommy.

Best of luck at the tables Miss/Mrs/Sir/Ms
  • edited May 2013
    And no one here is attacking you Miss/Mrs/Sir/Ms.  Please do not play the passive aggressive victim.

Best of luck.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What has happened to this site? : The reason I ask is that in your OP you quote a member who has been chat banned from the forum for many many months, as such all of his posts have disappeared.  All apart from one but you have to really go looking for that one.  However if we go back to your 'Hi' thread in Feb of this year you talk about how you're a new member, just joined because of some mates yadda yadda yadda.  Now this is where tell me you were reading the forum long before you joined and so on and so forth.  All of which may very well be true.  Then again, you're posting style is very familiar.  Might just be a coincidence.  Was fun reading that Hi thread, think a few people had a 'Crying Game' moment.  Or not, doesn't really matter. As for the hanging line you've put there about me that resembles a badly worded Psychology exam answer, ha ha, very good.  Hi, I'm Tommy. Best of luck at the tables Miss/Mrs/Sir/Ms
    Posted by TommyD

actually Tommy i did hear rumours , that many of the players i used to watch were banned,but i assumed that it would be for a short time.... and yes i did like him, he was funny,

you show me one other person on here ,that is funny.....  

its full of moaners and braggers....and cra p py diaries.....

in fact dohhhhhhh used to be funny as well...... but then he got all serious..... 

lets be honest  , this place is so boring........  

if it wasnt for the Sky poker channel this place would be dead.....

so go on, ban me for saying something......

and while you are at it.. who won the super roller ?

yet again its some player who has never played before......

maybe ou should all read what Mike Caro said about the site......

:) BBxx

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What has happened to this site? :  actually Tommy i did hear rumours , that many of the players i used to watch were banned,but i assumed that it would be for a short time.... and yes i did like him, he was funny, you show me one other person on here ,that is funny.....   its full of moaners and braggers....and cra p py diaries..... in fact dohhhhhhh used to be funny as well...... but then he got all serious.....  . lets be honest  , this place is so boring........   if it wasnt for the Sky poker channel this place would be dead..... so go on, ban me for saying something...... and while you are at it.. who won the super roller ? yet again its some player who has never played before...... maybe ou should all read what Mike Caro said about the site......  :) BBxx
    Posted by BecksyBoo
    why dont you get off the forum then if its so boring and stop giving un needed grief, get up them  stairs and get that rabbit out cos you are one frustrated lady!!
  • edited May 2013
    Not your best work if I'm honest.