You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Are there any other regular players to this site dissappointed that the powers above have withdrawn the direct buy in to S.P.T Birmingham.
I have attended 2 of the last 3 at Nottingham and Luton and would love to go to Birmingham but with the direct buy in not available at this time it prevents me from buying my train tickets and booking a hotel, if it were to be re opened it has and will cost all players more as the earlier we can book these things the cheaper we can usually get them.
If its full then its full but a note from Sky Poker explaining Why no direct buy in is available at this time would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In:
    Are there any other regular players to this site dissappointed that the powers above have withdrawn the direct buy in to S.P.T Birmingham. I have attended 2 of the last 3 at Nottingham and Luton and would love to go to Birmingham but with the direct buy in not available at this time it prevents me from buying my train tickets and booking a hotel, if it were to be re opened it has and will cost all players more as the earlier we can book these things the cheaper we can usually get them. If its full then its full but a note from Sky Poker explaining Why no direct buy in is available at this time would be very much appreciated.
    Posted by arthur1962

Direct buy in has not been available for SPT Brum AFAIK. The sats are still running. The only way to get a seat was through these unless you were a Priority member who could buy in direct.

There maybe a few more seats released but I suggest attempting to qualify through the sats.
  • edited May 2013
    This has always been the case, Unless sats didnt go well direct buy in was always delayed. Birmingham looks like it will be a sell out. 
  • edited May 2013

Hi Arthur,

Direct Buy-In has NOT been opened yet, & in fact may not be. There may have been a bit of a glitch one Sunday afternoon when it was accidentally opened for directs, but that was an error, & I apologised on the Community at the time.

I have today sent a request upstairs to INCREASE the number of seats available in the Lobby to 150, but I'm pretty sure they will all be gone via Satellite Qualifuiers by the end of this week, or nearly so.

The venue has 20 seats for a Live Super Sat, as per usual.

A Guest List includes a good few names, but there MAY be a few spare from that sometime next week. 

The Lobby currently states a 120 cap for satellite qualifiers (109 gone already) but, fingers crossed, that will increase to 150 shortly.

So we cannot guarantee that it will ever be open for Direct Buy-Ins, but it may happen, if so, it will not be until early next week imo, & that is the request I have sent upstairs.

• edited May 2013
    Thank you for your promt reply, my confussion was at the early stages when only 20/30 eantries was in it was showing on the list and i am sure it was there for a few days, i remember looking at it to see if any local players from here were entered or travelling up.
    As the success of Sky Poker Tours grow i hope that the powers to be will look at the ever increasing demand and perhaps in future find a venue that could cater for all who wish to attend,i will continue to try the evening quailfier and may yet travel up for the side events on Fri/Sat.
    Again thank you for your reply, regards and best wishes. And good luck to all that enter.In Response to Re: Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In:
    Hi Arthur, Direct Buy-In has NOT been opened yet, & in fact may not be. There may have been a bit of a glitch one Sunday afternoon when it was accidentally opened for directs, but that was an error, & I apologised on the Community at the time. I have today sent a request upstairs to INCREASE the number of seats available in the Lobby to 150, but I'm pretty sure they will all be gone via Satellite Qualifuiers by the end of this week, or nearly so.   The venue has 20 seats for a Live Super Sat, as per usual.   A Guest List includes a good few names, but there MAY be a few spare from that sometime next week.  The Lobby currently states a 120 cap for satellite qualifiers (109 gone already) but, fingers crossed, that will increase to 150 shortly. So we cannot guarantee that it will ever be open for Direct Buy-Ins, but it may happen, if so, it will not be until early next week imo, & that is the request I have sent upstairs.   
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited May 2013

I can confirm, the SPT Birmingham Lobby has now been INCREASED to 150.

Add the 20 the Venue has, the Guest list, & possible alternates on the day, & this could reach close to 200.

Current confirmed Guests include.....

Carlo +1 (Mummy Carlo)

James "Film Bore" Hartigan

Yiannis (in the lobby already)

Jules Sowa

• edited May 2013
    Thanks max, appreciated In Response to Re: Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In:
    In Response to Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In : Direct buy in has not been available for SPT Brum AFAIK. The sats are still running. The only way to get a seat was through these unless you were a Priority member who could buy in direct. There maybe a few more seats released but I suggest attempting to qualify through the sats.
    Posted by MAXALLY
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In:
    Thank you for your promt reply, my confussion was at the early stages when only 20/30 eantries was in it was showing on the list and i am sure it was there for a few days, i remember looking at it to see if any local players from here were entered or travelling up. As the success of Sky Poker Tours grow i hope that the powers to be will look at the ever increasing demand and perhaps in future find a venue that could cater for all who wish to attend,i will continue to try the evening quailfier and may yet travel up for the side events on Fri/Sat. Again thank you for your reply, regards and best wishes. And good luck to all that enter.In Response to Re: Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In :
    Posted by arthur1962
    Thanks Arthur.

Unfortunately, most Venues have capacity too small for us, except DTD & Aspers Stratford, not much we can do about that, & we do want to go to as many locations as possible, so it's a difficult balance.

I hope you get a seat, but even in you don't, please consider coming up for the Friday & Saturday sideys, they are tremendous fun, they really are.

I once had a cat called Arthur. Just saying, like.

• edited May 2013
    Excellent news on the increased capacity, and it really brighted my day now knowing that i had been called a "p u s s y", no sorry, named after one !! lol, have a great day.In Response to Re: Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In:
    In Response to Re: Birmingham S.P.T Withdrawal of Direct Buy In : Thanks Arthur. Unfortunately, most Venues have capacity too small for us, except DTD & Aspers Stratford, not much we can do about that, & we do want to go to as many locations as possible, so it's a difficult balance.   I hope you get a seat, but even in you don't, please consider coming up for the Friday & Saturday sideys, they are tremendous fun, they really are. I once had a cat called Arthur. Just saying, like.  
    Posted by Tikay10