You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cash tables

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Just started to enjoy playing the low cash games as its still quite a good learning curve and still making the odd stupid bets here and there. I have also started to play two games at once which adds a fun twist to things

As i'm only in the 2p/4p games my next move would be up to the 5p/10p games what kind of bank roll do i need to play these stakes? 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    It kind of depends on how seriously you want to take it/how much you want to avoid the chance of going broke. For me, playing 2 tables of 5p/10p (10NL) I'd want to have a minimum of £200
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to cash tables:
    Just started to enjoy playing the low cash games as its still quite a good learning curve and still making the odd stupid bets here and there. I have also started to play two games at once which adds a fun twist to things    As i'm only in the 2p/4p games my next move would be up to the 5p/10p games what kind of bank roll do i need to play these stakes? 
    Posted by limmy01

regarding bankroll requirements I would say you can take a shot at 10nl with £200-250 and drop down if you lose like 6-8 buyins, but tbh every1 is different just make sure whatever you do if you do go on a downswing you are still comfortable playing at that level and won`t play different if you do that`s when you know to go down a level.

but you may play and run well and no need to move down lol so run good gl at tables
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: cash tables:
    It kind of depends on how seriously you want to take it/how much you want to avoid the chance of going broke. For me, playing 2 tables of 5p/10p (10NL) I'd want to have a minimum of £200
    Posted by Lambert180
    nit
  • edited May 2013
    Firstly I would say dont even consider 10nl until you are beating 4nl over a good sample.

Secondly I would say £400. Gives you a large base to fall back on.

And yes I am a br nit.
  • edited May 2013
    What's wrong with NL8? Why does everyone act as though it doesn't exist?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: cash tables:
    What's wrong with NL8? Why does everyone act as though it doesn't exist?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    It's a bit like 40NL (but not quite as bad), it doesn't run as much. When I used to play it, I'd struggle to 6table without having to include some different stakes.

4NL and 10NL both probably have like 20 tables running each at peak time, 8NL maybe a quarter of that.