You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi everyone

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
I'm new to the forum but have been playing Sky Poker for about 8 months. I've been to busy to play regularly but now have some more free time. Can anyone advise me about this step up e.g. tournaments to play, when to play etc.

Comments

• edited May 2013

Hi Gregg,

Loving your sausage rolls!

• edited May 2013
    To be honest, I'd probably just start out by playing whatever you enjoy the most/whatever you make the most regular profit at (which is usually the most fun)

GL!
  • edited May 2013
    Can I just say that you have a very good first name!

Welcome!

In before someone says play the Forum DTD...

• edited May 2013
    Chicken and bacon wraps...they are the future :)
  • edited May 2013
    Sorry to disappoint you GREGHOGG my real name is John.
  • edited May 2013
    The DTD tournaments on a Monday evening are good. £5.50 for 3 tournaments with loads of forum regulars waffling in the chat box. There's a sort of league table... I'm not very good at explaining it but there will be a forum thread about it on Monday. Take a look.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi everyone:
    Can I just say that you have a very good first name! Welcome! In before someone says play the Forum DTD...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Booooo!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Welcome to the forum Greggo...

Getting yourself in the Main and Mini event each evening is a good start - so you've got a chance at the Final Table Jackpot if you run well enough. Tonight especially as you've got the added bonus of playing against Miss Jackson. 8pm and 8.15 for them.
  • edited May 2013
    The DTD tournaments on a Monday evening are good. £5.50 for 3 tournaments with loads of forum regulars waffling in the chat box. There's a sort of league table... I'm not very good at explaining it but there will be a forum thread about it on Monday. Take a look.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    The one night a week i'm unavailable...
  • edited May 2013
    Welcome to the forum Greggo... Getting yourself in the Main and Mini event each evening is a good start - so you've got a chance at the Final Table Jackpot if you run well enough. Tonight especially as you've got the added bonus of playing against Miss Jackson. 8pm and 8.15 for them.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Thanks Dan, i'm on a small-ish bankroll, which Main and Mini events have the smaller buy-ins?
  • edited May 2013
    The only main event that is on the cheap side is the Tuesday Turbo one which is £11, but it's very fast so be prepared for high variance.

The minis are £5.50 every day of the week.

EDIT: Technically the the Wednesday one is only £11 too but it's a rebuy so I class it as a £33 because you should be adding on, and I'd be double stacking from the start.
  • edited May 2013
    Lambert's right but there's always plenty of affordable sats running throughout the day into the Mains each night
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Hi everyone:
    I'm new to the forum but have been playing Sky Poker for about 8 months. I've been to busy to play regularly but now have some more free time. Can anyone advise me about this step up e.g. tournaments to play, when to play etc.
    Posted by greggo1410
    Hi John / greggo
    I am also new to the site and would like to say welcome. Most of the people I have come accross have been great and I look forward to playing a few hands and chatting in the future
    Nick
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Hi everyone : Hi John / greggo I am also new to the site and would like to say welcome. Most of the people I have come accross have been great and I look forward to playing a few hands and chatting in the future Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Hi Nick,
    Saw you in the Super Roller. Have got to say i'm impressed with you winning it on your first attempt. Big things to come from you.
    And hopefully one day it'll be me and you on a final table or 2.

John
  • edited May 2013
    welcome to the site John, i assume Greg is someone you want to win something? 

As far what to play, Im not the best to advise, just enjoy it. 
  • edited May 2013
    welcome to the site John, i assume Greg is someone you want to win something?  As far what to play, Im not the best to advise, just enjoy it. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    No Greggo is just a nickname.