You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live Show SS4 and CH 861 with Fowler and Jen Mason and special guest David Pomroy

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Evening all,

Tonight's live show commences at 7pm.  There is a whole lot of show going on tonight!!! We have the ladies running the show, Jen, myself, Charlotte Jackson rocking the main event and Sarah (that's our lovely producer), the only boy in the mix tonight is our special guest professional poker player David Pomroy. Lucky boy!!

Or maybe we are the lucky ones according to the world wide web
 In May 2006 he was featured in Company's magazine 50 Most Eligible Bachelors!!!

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – MasterCash coverage and usual website pushes and promotions

8pm-9pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables

9pm-10pm – Charlotte Jackson on Sky Poker –  Live coverage of Charlotte Jackson’s £6K GTD Sit and Go. Miss Charlotte will be on the phone to the show, if you have any questions for her, let us know!

10pm-11pm – We go live on Sky Sports 4 and watch Charlotte play live on the site  –It's  Live coverage of Charlotte Jackson’s Sit and Go and action from her play in the 12K Sky Sports B/Hunter.

11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights – 12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter – Live coverage of the late stages, and hopefully we get to see a winner!

So good luck all of you in the main event tonight!

I had my fair share of bad luck over the weekend, including losing my phone as I was leaving to drive to Manchester and shoot a wedding, and then my other half putting petrol instead of diesel in my car on the way back from shooting the wedding in Manchester. 
Furious!

If you would like to get involved in the show tonight and put a question to David Pomroy, Jen or Charlotte please email us:

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

see you soon

A xx

Comments

• edited May 2013

BIG welcome to Pommy.

Please ask him if he has any David Shallow stories. That will not result in OFCOM complaining about degenerancy on 861. ;)
  • edited May 2013
    Are there no wedding photographers already in the Manchester area? I've got a camera phone, maybe I'll start offering my services around. How hard can it be?

By the way; Nerr Nerr! I have your money! At least one or two pounds of it. Hope to see you back at the tables soon. I need new socks.
  • edited May 2013
    Great to be back in the producing chair for a busy evening of poker!

In Response to Thursday Night Live Show SS4 and CH 861 with Fowler and Jen Mason and special guest David Pomroy:
    Evening all, Tonight's live show commences at 7pm.  There is a whole lot of show going on tonight!!! We have the ladies running the show, Jen, myself, Charlotte Jackson rocking the main event and Sarah (that's our lovely producer), the only boy in the mix tonight is our special guest professional poker player David Pomroy. Lucky boy!! Or maybe we are the lucky ones according to the world wide web  In May 2006 he was featured in Company's magazine 50 Most Eligible Bachelors!!! 7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – MasterCash coverage and usual website pushes and promotions 8pm-9pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables   9pm-10pm – Charlotte Jackson on Sky Poker –  Live coverage of Charlotte Jackson’s £6K GTD Sit and Go. Miss Charlotte will be on the phone to the show, if you have any questions for her, let us know!   10pm-11pm – We go live on Sky Sports 4 and watch Charlotte play live on the site  –It's  Live coverage of Charlotte Jackson’s Sit and Go and action from her play in the 12K Sky Sports B/Hunter.    11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights – 12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter – Live coverage of the late stages, and hopefully we get to see a winner! So good luck all of you in the main event tonight! I had my fair share of bad luck over the weekend, including losing my phone as I was leaving to drive to Manchester and shoot a wedding, and then my other half putting petrol instead of diesel in my car on the way back from shooting the wedding in Manchester.  Furious! If you would like to get involved in the show tonight and put a question to David Pomroy, Jen or Charlotte please email us: skyopen@bskyb.com #skypokertv see you soon A xx
    Posted by MissFowler
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Thursday Night Live Show SS4 and CH 861 with Fowler and Jen Mason and special guest David Pomroy:
    Evening all, Tonight's live show commences at 7pm.  There is a whole lot of show going on tonight!!! We have the ladies running the show, Jen, myself, Charlotte Jackson rocking the main event and Sarah (that's our lovely producer), the only boy in the mix tonight is our special guest professional poker player David Pomroy. Lucky boy!! Or maybe we are the lucky ones according to the world wide web  In May 2006 he was featured in Company's magazine 50 Most Eligible Bachelors!!! 7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – MasterCash coverage and usual website pushes and promotions 8pm-9pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables   9pm-10pm – Charlotte Jackson on Sky Poker –  Live coverage of Charlotte Jackson’s £6K GTD Sit and Go. Miss Charlotte will be on the phone to the show, if you have any questions for her, let us know!   10pm-11pm – We go live on Sky Sports 4 and watch Charlotte play live on the site  –It's  Live coverage of Charlotte Jackson’s Sit and Go and action from her play in the 12K Sky Sports B/Hunter.    11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights – 12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter – Live coverage of the late stages, and hopefully we get to see a winner! So good luck all of you in the main event tonight! I had my fair share of bad luck over the weekend, including losing my phone as I was leaving to drive to Manchester and shoot a wedding, and then my other half putting petrol instead of diesel in my car on the way back from shooting the wedding in Manchester.  Furious! If you would like to get involved in the show tonight and put a question to David Pomroy, Jen or Charlotte please email us: skyopen@bskyb.com #skypokertv see you soon A xx
    Posted by MissFowler
    Ahem!!
  • edited May 2013
    Were you asking for "the second tip" you'd give someone about poker?

"3-betting is lots of fun and people are scared of it."

I'm sure you can explain the value of 3-betting (and indeed 4-betting) without a strong hand, can't you Anna? Did it to me enough times...

Have a good show.

Do people know this thread is not for Sky Poker employees only? It's very quiet.
  • edited May 2013
    On talk of multi tabling, id like to know thoughts on layout. I 12 tabled for the first time this weekend and found that layout really effected how i played. 

Id like some advice on this for furture referance.  
  • edited May 2013
    Good evening all.  

I hope Anna enjoyed shooting the wedding.  Did you pick up any tips for yours?  Do Anna and Jen have any beauty advice for the lady poker players out there?  Apparently Marie Fredriksson of roxette replaces her deodorant for butter to keep sweat at bay.  It must have been dove, but it's clover now.

Run well all and have fun
  • edited May 2013

hi anna, jen... good show

jackpot three....

10:06 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 466 625 204 44  
    left 62 118 3    

chapperman 1 76      
    goodylad21 3 1      
    NoEa5yCa5h 47 99      

• edited May 2013
    When I started to multi table more then a few times I saw my hand on one table, the flop on the other and think I had the nuts when I had absolutly nothing.  I learnt fairly quickly to pay more attention!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live Show SS4 and CH 861 with Fowler and Jen Mason and special guest David Pomroy:
    When I started to multi table more then a few times I saw my hand on one table, the flop on the other and think I had the nuts when I had absolutly nothing.  I learnt fairly quickly to pay more attention!
    Posted by cenachav
    Usually worst with flush draws, isn't it? Although I am particularly pleased with myself when I type the bet into the wrong table and make a colossal overbet. That's always nice.

What have you done to upset the forum tonight, Fowler? Nobody wants to speak to you.
  • edited May 2013
    Wish i was David Pomroy tonight!

• edited May 2013
    Good evening lovely ladies and lucky gentleman. I am an absolute beginner my poker name is Tippee. I have had a dabble whilst learning, my question is... which aspect of poker should I concentrate on first, position, bet quantity, hand quality etc? Thoroughly enjoyed this evening's show as I have previous shows. Keep up the good work. Chris
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live Show SS4 and CH 861 with Fowler and Jen Mason and special guest David Pomroy:
    Good evening lovely ladies and lucky gentleman. I am an absolute beginner my poker name is Tippee. I have had a dabble whilst learning, my question is... which aspect of poker should I concentrate on first, position, bet quantity, hand quality etc? Thoroughly enjoyed this evening's show as I have previous shows. Keep up the good work. Chris
    Posted by Tippee
    Hey Tippee, welcome to SkyPoker, sorry we didn't see this post until after the show ended!  I would say that it depends on what you are playing, cash or tournament, but they all kind of work together. Just practice the basics. Playing decent hands in position, raise don't limp and bet according to your opponents chip stack!  Keep watching the show and you'll get the hang of it in not time :)

xx