You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Champ Again!

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
a)Didn't we just have a cash promo.
b)Say's it pays top 40 pays top 20.
c)£5000 total in cash prizes.Prizes add up to £5535.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

i really didnt want to see this promo.

i agree with a. and b. and counting out c. is beyond me at this time

yeah top 40 from each tier will win x amount but only lists 20 prizes. how hard is it for some one to proof read these things before they go live.
  • edited May 2013
    It also says 'take part in the January Cash Champ...' lol.

And just sigh with more cash promos. Even though I'm mostly a cash player, these only benefit like 0.1% of players and no matter how you split the tiers, it's the same players, and they make the games just bleurgh.

I was planning a big cash grind for June anyway, so might scrape into the top 20 but I'd rather have better games than £50 tbh.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ:
    It also says 'take part in the January Cash Champ...' lol. And just sigh with more cash promos. Even though I'm mostly a cash player, these only benefit like 0.1% of players and no matter how you split the tiers, it's the same players, and they make the games just bleurgh. I was planning a big cash grind for June anyway, so might scrape into the top 20 but I'd rather have better games than £50 tbh.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1

spend the money making the games better not worse
  • edited May 2013
    'take part in the January Cash Champ...'

lol
  • edited May 2013
    just noticed the "january cash champ" bit just lol at the bad copy n paste job. even goes on about how its now weighted contriution, yeah 6 month ago it changed.

also tried to enter code which WASNT accepted.
  • edited May 2013
    Yay for more crazy skewed payouts.

Low - 50BI to 20BI for 1st
    Med - 15BI to 7.5BI for 1st
    High - 8BI to 4BI for 1st

I really wish whoever makes these decisions, was a poker player. You arn't going to motivate players by offering them a couple of buy-ins for a weeks long grind against tough competition. It's all relative, and anyone thinking "but £400 is still £400, that's alot of money, and double what we give for low!" obviously doesn't understand how to run effective promos for a poker site. AND no less than a week after the previous one.

I'm not trying to shoot down and criticise Sky just 'cause, because I really do hate doing it.
    Heck, I could just be selfish and come in praising yet another promo that benefits me personally for doing absolutely nothing but my usual daily grind. Winning £400 by doing nothing extra than just my usual sessions.

If you want to motivate low stakes cash grinders, this sort of thing is great. You don't need to offer alot in prizes for it to mean alot to those guys.
    If you want to motivate the hardcore grinders at higher stakes cash, invent another tier for RakeBack where 40,000 points give you 40% rakeback, and 50,000 points, to be 50%. That would motivate me for sure, constantly!

Offering up £400 to those that even play 50nl is like giving a kid a packet of Space Invaders for Trick Or Treat. It's nice sure, better than nothing, and we appreciate the gesture. And heck, we'd take free crisps every day of the week and go out for it. But it's not something we're getting out of bed for, more just like a little bonus to what's otherwise an evening filled with higher expectations. Caramacs ftw.
  • edited May 2013

Good morning.

Oops.....

Apologies. These errors will be corrected this morning.

• edited May 2013
    O good another cash promotion - if it increases activity then yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa love it )
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Promotion decision makers need a slap:
    Yay for more crazy skewed payouts. Low - 50BI to 20BI for 1st Med - 15BI to 7.5BI for 1st High - 8BI to 4BI for 1st I really wish whoever makes these decisions, was a poker player. You arn't going to motivate players by offering them a couple of buy-ins for a weeks long grind against tough competition. It's all relative, and anyone thinking "but £400 is still £400, that's alot of money, and double what we give for low!" obviously doesn't understand how to run effective promos for a poker site. AND no less than a week after the previous one. I'm not trying to shoot down and criticise Sky just 'cause, because I really do hate doing it. Heck, I could just be selfish and come in praising yet another promo that benefits me personally for doing absolutely nothing but my usual daily grind. Winning £400 by doing nothing extra than just my usual sessions. If you want to motivate low stakes cash grinders, this sort of thing is great. You don't need to offer alot in prizes for it to mean alot to those guys. If you want to motivate the hardcore grinders at higher stakes cash, invent another tier for RakeBack where 40,000 points give you 40% rakeback, and 50,000 points, to be 50%. That would motivate me for sure, constantly! Offering up £400 to those that even play 50nl is like giving a kid a packet of Space Invaders for Trick Or Treat. It's nice sure, better than nothing, and we appreciate the gesture. And heck, we'd take free crisps every day of the week and go out for it. But it's not something we're getting out of bed for, more just like a little bonus to what's otherwise an evening filled with higher expectations. Caramacs ftw.
    Posted by Smitalos
    +100% 

I think the one last week was a great example. For the higher tier's lowest entry point was NL100 winner got 5BIs/ 

Lower tier lowest entry where most played where getting 75BIs 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Promotion decision makers need a slap:
    Yay for more crazy skewed payouts. Low - 50BI to 20BI for 1st Med - 15BI to 7.5BI for 1st High - 8BI to 4BI for 1st I really wish whoever makes these decisions, was a poker player. You arn't going to motivate players by offering them a couple of buy-ins for a weeks long grind against tough competition. It's all relative, and anyone thinking "but £400 is still £400, that's alot of money, and double what we give for low!" obviously doesn't understand how to run effective promos for a poker site. AND no less than a week after the previous one. I'm not trying to shoot down and criticise Sky just 'cause, because I really do hate doing it. Heck, I could just be selfish and come in praising yet another promo that benefits me personally for doing absolutely nothing but my usual daily grind. Winning £400 by doing nothing extra than just my usual sessions. If you want to motivate low stakes cash grinders, this sort of thing is great. You don't need to offer alot in prizes for it to mean alot to those guys. If you want to motivate the hardcore grinders at higher stakes cash, invent another tier for RakeBack where 40,000 points give you 40% rakeback, and 50,000 points, to be 50%. That would motivate me for sure, constantly! Offering up £400 to those that even play 50nl is like giving a kid a packet of Space Invaders for Trick Or Treat. It's nice sure, better than nothing, and we appreciate the gesture. And heck, we'd take free crisps every day of the week and go out for it. But it's not something we're getting out of bed for, more just like a little bonus to what's otherwise an evening filled with higher expectations. Caramacs ftw.
    Posted by Smitalos
    u srs?
  • edited May 2013
    Hi guys, 

Apologies for the misunderstanding, we were having issues updating the page itself.

All should be in order now wth the correct tiers and payouts.

Check it out HERE

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited May 2013

no offence intended but cant anyone think of something new like a promotion where u have to win at poker instead of loading up as many tables as u can and click away .........................................

• edited May 2013
    I agree with Smitalos that the payouts are disproportionate to the buyin levels.. seems odd. 

I think it would be a huge incentive to alot of mid and high stakes players if their prizes were at least four figures. Not entirely sure if this is financially viable though for Sky. 

Also Caramacs? Nah.... Boosts ftw :) 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ:
    no offence intended but cant anyone think of something new like a promotion where u have to win at poker instead of loading up as many tables as u can and click away .........................................
    Posted by CHILLIE
    +1
  • edited May 2013
    Sky Poker is funding Dontellmums livelihood.

Just give him the top prize for the lower tier now and everyone else can scrap for 2nd place.
  • edited June 2013

AGAIN!! Three in under 30 days.
    Fill your boots,might as well ditch mtt's & stt's.
    Original thinking FTW.

• edited June 2013
    One thing I noticed in the last promo was a few players got into the top 40 by playing only one/two cash sessions all week. 

This to me suggests that sky is reliant on a small pool of cash players in each category. Whilst I have personally benefited from over £200 in the last two promos, I cant help feeling to attract new players that the system of having some sort of draw to win cash or other prizes for racking up 50 points a day is better.

Cash champ puts reg against reg, and flushes out the casual player in my opinion. This is not good for the long term viability of sky poker.  

I hope the sng and mtt promotion sky ran last month, wont be overlooked as it doesnt cause the same problems.