You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or No Need to Take the Risk??

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Mini b/h last night. Cruising along with over 100 bigs & in top 10 of MTT..

Recently been moved to this table, only 3 hands ago & the villain had folded twice & shoved. Do we fold or call ???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBazJotter Small blind  100.00 100.00 7548.75 mccaffer10 Big blind  200.00 300.00 3602.50   Your hole cards Q Q       duck57 Fold     Big_Baz49 Fold     xAll-in  30713.75  0.00 Goodylad21 ?????   21316.00                          

Comments

• edited May 2013

So the villain has shoved 30K with blinds 100/200 & i have 21k, just to make it clear....

No wonder i dont post hands, it takes me forever lol

• edited May 2013
    I find it difficult to say no to the double up opportunity
    in similar spots have faced AA and atc
    used to do this with JJ+
    now tightened to QQ+
  • edited May 2013
    Pretty dreadful play. He's already shoved once in the previous three hands, right? I'm delighted about calling and destroying his AQo/tens. 
  • edited May 2013
    Im almost always calling with Qs in this postion.  I personally see players do this with PP under 10's and they dont want to see flop/cant be bothered set mining out of position and would like people to either fold or call with AK/AQ for a race.  Shoving with aces or kings here is simply awful poker, and I cant imagine anyone doing it.  IMO best hand oppo will have v you is AK and youre racing, but anhilate his range.  Im happy to take the gamble to become chip leader so I can take the tourny down or bomb out and take a note on the villain.

Let me guess. You called and he showed Kings? lol.
  • edited May 2013
    Hi sir

I think the fact that he has shoved recently suggests more that he has more chance  good hand than not in my opinion. Whether QQ is ahead of though i dont know. He has you covered so its adios if you lose. You dont have reads on him and you're well placed. Until you have reason to believe hes either aggressive with so so hands or whatever i say fold. Even AK leaves you with a flip. Why get involved with the other big stack on the table when there's other fish to fry, as it were.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm probably snapping. If he open shoves 100+ BB w/ KK+ then just throw the laptop/monitor out the window :)

Think you're gonna be crushing him far more often than you're beat or flipping.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Call or No Need to Take the Risk??:
    Im almost always calling with Qs in this postion.  I personally see players do this with PP under 10's and they dont want to see flop/cant be bothered set mining out of position and would like people to either fold or call with AK/AQ for a race.  Shoving with aces or kings here is simply awful poker, and I cant imagine anyone doing it.  IMO best hand oppo will have v you is AK and youre racing, but anhilate his range.  Im happy to take the gamble to become chip leader so I can take the tourny down or bomb out and take a note on the villain. Let me guess. You called and he showed Kings? lol.
    Posted by gazza127

I did face AA twice consecutively though, so you cannot discount he has a monster
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Call or No Need to Take the Risk?? : I did face AA twice consecutively though, so you cannot discount he has a monster
    Posted by GELDY
    Well no... but you have to put him on 1 of two hands to fold.  Easy call IMO.
  • edited May 2013
    Only just realised that youre avatar isn't in fact Garfield... #donut
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Call or No Need to Take the Risk?? : Well no... but you have to put him on 1 of two hands to fold.  Easy call IMO.
    Posted by gazza127
    not folding
    just why I have tightened my calling range
    as sometimes they do have it