You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this the play of a bleep bingo player? ie me!!!

Hi guys

I got a bit of stick from a player at the table last night for continuing to play here. I don't see the problem with it being relatively early and possibly hitting a disguised straight. Do you feel its the wrong play? At this stage implied odds are fine because, imo, its a fair punt to take especially as it was utg raise so he may check turn if it was a J/Q and give a cheap showdown. I struck lucky i agree.

PS Much later with much bigger blinds he got revenge on me by catching his straight on the river with KJ on QTx flop and faced 1/2 pot bets on flop and turn. Now in my opinion that WAS a tilted play as he didn't having the pot odds for his eight outs and considering the % of his stack calling them used up.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceCarper211Small blind 15.0015.005983.75TheMonk79Big blind 30.0045.004480.00 Your hole cardsJQ@Raise270.00405.003906.25Carper211Fold    TheMonk79Fold    profman15Call 180.00585.003325.00Flop  3AK@Bet300.00885.003606.25profman15Call 300.001185.003025.00Turn  10@Call971.254905.001746.25River  10@Call1165.007235.00581.25profman15ShowJQ@ShowAQ   profman15WinStraight to the Ace7235.00 7235.0

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Don't mind calling the 3b pre this deep.

Not loving the flop call though. We're basically hoping for 1 of the 4 remaining tens, and even then, we hate seeing the T of hearts, so we're probably drawing to 3 outs. The direct or implied odds just aren't there to be drawing that thin.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Is this the play of a bleep bingo player? ie me!!!:
    Don't mind calling the 3b pre this deep. Not loving the flop call though. We're basically hoping for 1 of the 4 remaining tens, and even then, we hate seeing the T of hearts, so we're probably drawing to 3 outs. The direct or implied odds just aren't there to be drawing that thin.
    Posted by Lambert180
     Cheers Lambert. Gl in the spt event. Ive even got you in my team of eight. all the best.
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers Steve, I noticed you picked me, thanks for the vote of confidence :)

I feel I've eradicated a lot of spew out of my MTT game recently, so fingers crossed (it is a 1dayer) I can make a good run.
  • edited May 2013
    it is a deepstack
    you fancied a gamble on the flop
    it paid off
    good on you
    although one can understand the villains pain

ps
    that is the thing about deepstacks
    you can take a few -ve ev punts
    because if you hit it is good
    whereas a miss ain't too bad
  • edited May 2013
    dnt mind how u played it u got a backdraw flush draw on flop aswell all good by me 
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, agree with general consensus. We are deep so yeah we can play more speculative hands and hope we hit big. As IDCU says we also have backdoor flush draw which adds one out for us so yeah, its negative expected value but hey, its poker, who doesn't like a gamble every now and again.

If we are playing purely mathematical ABC style poker then yeah, I suppose you could say it was loose but as long as you are ok with it being a gamble then fine. No probs.

The other thing would be that if you bump in to this guy a lot then make a note telling you that he thinks you are a station so you could get further value from this hand if you play pots against him in the future.