You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

June Promotion

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

Theres a promo in june between 3-8th june where you have to collect points and top 20 of lower middle higher get a cash reward.

Is there any point doing it if your not playing a million tables? never enter in something like that and might be a good aim for me to aim for top20 of something, just to keep motivated. But is there any chance of actually achiving anything?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I Just finished in the top 20 last time playing 2-4 tables 6hours a day so i would guess something around that level will scrape into the money, 10+ tables and silly hours needed for top 5 
  • edited June 2013
    this promo is not about hands played but points earned thru rake.

someone could play 16 tables and if they are folding a lot and playing only the top premiums then they wont be earning massive points even tho they are on a vast number of tables, whereas if someone has a very loose game and is on a lot less tables and their stack is moving about a lot could be earning the same number of points. thats all in theory mind.

interesting they have brought the middle tier back in this time, it may or may not stop people dropping right down the levels. the last time the low tier was just too wide
  • edited June 2013
    same old..........zzzzzzzzzzzzz

wp DTM etc.....
  • edited June 2013
    see to be honest better just stick to what your doing and play the amount of tables/stakes you normally play and just make money out of your profits at the tables.

plus not saying this applies to everyone but I know previously in other promos in the past some players are grinding long and hard during these promos and hardly any of them actually win or break even on the tables but they don`t fuss because they win money on the promo.
  • edited June 2013

Really isn't worth it Robbie, u got no chance.
  • edited June 2013
    Oh okay thought as much was just wondering. No I wouldn't change my tables anyways no point playing 8/9 tables lose 10 byins and win 3 from the promotion. Seems like the same people will be winning judging from ur answers lol
  • edited June 2013
    Big thumbs down to ANY promotion that favors or is solely for 1 type of game, even tho ironically STTs need this kind of promotion, sigh sky sigh
  • edited June 2013
    So this is skys way of encouraging new players to the site? Or just a way of compensating the big raking players in the past who are worse off under the new schemes. 

Reg filled games have flushed skys cash offering out to the brink, especially during the day. I am not getting suckered into playing all the hours this time, if I make a few quid through my natural volume so be it. 

As someone else has said, why dont sky try another sng or mtt type promotion and this time dont exclude hu action. 
  • edited June 2013

I certainly prefer this idea to the other previous cash promo.

Prevents people just all moving to 4nl and limping in everypot.

• edited June 2013
    Tbh tho will it make that much difference if ur playin 12 tables for 8 hours ur going to be involved in big pots so ur still be high on the leaderboard 
  • edited June 2013
    Yes it will imo.

Are people really going to play that much for just £10 or £20 quid in the bottom few places?

Plus a lot of the players that have that many tables are pretty much folding every hand.

A much more level playing field.

• edited June 2013
    I made the cash in this one playing mainly nl4 on 4-6 tables for 2-3 hours a day.  May give it a shot, may not
  • edited June 2013
    Just play as you would and see it as a bonus if you get in the top 20, i liked the look of this because i was planning on playing alot of hours at 10nl anyway but the good cashes are just not attainable as there is 3-4 players at these levels who will play a ridiculous amount of hours on aload of tables. +1 to acegooner as well absolutely nothing has been done in regards to promotion of HUsngs which obviously i have a biased view about because i play alot of HU but even a small competition that would be motivation for people to have a go at them would be nice like a league over the space of a week or two based on your win percentage over x amount of games.