You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reads online.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
I find it very difficult to get any reads on players playing online,I find in cash games on here a lot pre flop just auto the call button so thats 1 read but other than that i struggle to find any other clues,.
Any other clues you can share!!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Best thing you can do is whenever someone gets to showdown, look at the HH and see how they played the whole hand... are they passive and just c/c with draws, or are they aggro with them, what kinda hands do they donk bet with (if ever), do they raise different amounts pre with different strength hands, do they ever 2 barrel with air or do they just c-bet/give up, are they capable of 3barrelling with air (not many people). Are there overbet shoves ALWAYS the nuts or do they ever do this as a bluff?

Just everything really lol. Figure out what they do with different types of hands in different situations and note it down. Like some people if they have a set of 3s on 3KQ (with 2 spades) will be trying to pile the money in ASAP, whereas they'll take a more passive line on 37K (rainbow). They may not be like this though, some people don't adjust to board texture, some do.
  • edited June 2013
    the big give away is if they call ya bet quickly its not that strong its usually a draw or a hit middlepair etc
  • edited June 2013

you can usually work out the general consensus of what generally means weakness or what generally means strength. But if a player shows they are capable of mixing it up/giving reverse tells - you should make a note of this.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Reads online.:
    you can usually work out the general consensus of what generally means weakness or what generally means strength. But if a player shows they are capable of mixing it up/giving reverse tells - you should make a note of this.
    Posted by calcalfold
     could you be more or less specific?
  • edited June 2013
    Your 2 biggest tells online are timing tells and bet sizing tells.

Most poker players are habitual in the ways that they act, if you can spot a habit, ie. limps AA/KK/AK utg, make a note and use the information in future.

I disagree with the comment regarding speed of action above, I find it can be strength or weakness and is very much player dependant, again the notes box is your friend, if you spot something that is unusual or habitual in an opponents game, put it in the notes section and use it in the future.

Also, be aware that really good experienced players will be capable of using reverse tells, ie. If I do this, he'll think I've got that etc...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Reads online.:
    Your 2 biggest tells online are timing tells and bet sizing tells. Most poker players are habitual in the ways that they act, if you can spot a habit, ie. limps AA/KK/AK utg, make a note and use the information in future. I disagree with the comment regarding speed of action above, I find it can be strength or weakness and is very much player dependant, again the notes box is your friend, if you spot something that is unusual or habitual in an opponents game, put it in the notes section and use it in the future. Also, be aware that really good experienced players will be capable of using reverse tells, ie. If I do this, he'll think I've got that etc...
    Posted by Slykllist
    Especially when people are multi tabling, players might take longer because they have a big decision on another table.