You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to pass Quads & win the lot.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

In last night's PRIMO, Tomnmy D was forced to fold J-J pre-flop, great pass, he was up against A-K &, I think, Q-Q or K-K.

Flop came J-J-x......

And he STILL won PRIMO, for just over £3,000.

Amazing how often these good players get lucky......

Many congrats Tommy.

The full results from some of last night's Tourneys, & every night, are on GaryQQQ's excellent thread, HERE

Comments

• edited June 2013
    hard to keep a good man down right?
  • edited June 2013
    Well done Tommy
  • edited June 2013
    I see that hand, loved your reaction tikay lol 

Well done tommy!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to How to pass Quads & win the lot.:
    The full results from some of last night's Tourneys, & every night, are on GaryQQQ's excellent thread, HERE
    Posted by Tikay10
    SIGH.... don't make me read it again!

VWP Tommy, good man, takes it down whilst trying to keep the forum in line.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: How to pass Quads & win the lot.:
    In Response to How to pass Quads & win the lot. : SIGH.... don't make me read it again! VWP Tommy, good man, takes it down whilst trying to keep the forum in line.
    Posted by Slykllist
    ...including......

Slykllist021£125.40
    I agree as to the comment about playing & fighting forum fires at the same time. It is unbelievably difficult. Much respect to Tommy.
  • edited June 2013

In case you missed that......

Slykllist021£125.40
  • edited June 2013

Just think, Simon, it could have been over £3,000. Had that crossed your mind?

• edited June 2013

Even more conclusive proof that Sky Poker is rigged. If he played that JJ hand, he would of been.........still in. 

You might even have enough to buy your 1st ever round next week at SPT Brumland Tommy.

OH.....congrats, s'pose......ish. 
  • edited June 2013
    Even more conclusive proof that Sky Poker is rigged. If he played that JJ hand, he would of been.........still in.  You might even have enough to buy your 1st ever round next week at SPT Brumland Tommy. OH.....congrats, s'pose......ish. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Some of the stuff you read of forums is so ridiculous! As if that would happen!
  • edited June 2013
    Just think, Simon, it could have been over £3,000. Had that crossed your mind?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for your help Tikay!
  • edited June 2013
    Cheers guys, tbh just glad to be back on track after a tough couple of months of swings.  Managed to up working on my game and as variance would have it I managed to luckbox a result sooner than I expected.  Not getting ahead of myself though, much to be done, improved and repaired in my game.

The JJ hand was a chuckler.  I think it's a standard and correct fold in that spot given the table dynamics.  I open UTG, UTG+1 3bets smallish and the SB cold 4bets smallish.  I fold and AA & AQ get it in pre.  It was pretty clear to me I would nearly always be drawing to two outs, didn't really expect to see them both on the flop though.

My favourite part was when the TV show tried to play the hand for a second time.

Thanks again guys and big thanks you to the rail on the FT last night, impeccable and banter-rific.

Many congrats to all of the other FTers and cashers.  Especially Slykllist.

TTFN