You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

happy hours and early bird

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
For the last few month i have been making an effort to maximise the happy hours and early bird promo in ordr to make my volume and rakeback targets, i don't know if every1 is aware (im sure most of the more serious volume players are after their rakeback was paid today) but sky's new reward replacement for cash for points has rendured them almost redundant. this is because the old system would allow your points to increase by 50% which in turn gave you 50% more rakeback in them periods, the new system however only boosts your points and not your rake back once you make it past the 10k points barrier. so really the only point in these promo's for any1 playing a decent amount of  volume is that it make it slightly eaiser to make it to the next rakeback jump (each jump is also worth less than it was in the old system).

maybe everyone already knew this but it seemed far from clear to me that this was going to be the case, just to give you an idea i played roughly the same volume and made the same points in the last month of c4p and the first month of the rewards system and got 21% less rakeback under the new system.