You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Beta Software

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Anyone using this? 

What do they think of it?

Who gets to use it?

thanks

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I've had it during the beta trials, unfortunately not had a huge opportunity to play on it, but what I've seen, I'm impressed with.  The big thing for everyone who multi-tables is going to be re-sizeable tables, but lots of other improvements too.
  • edited June 2013

I've got the beta at the moment and there are some good things but some not so good.  Would be open to discuss and will obviously fill in Sky's feedback stuff

Good:
    - auto top up
    - improvement of the general appearance
    - chat function is improved and available on the smaller tables.
    - it actually lets me make notes that don't disappear or become impossible to edit

For improvement:
    - it needs to auto load to prefered table size rather than every table opening in the large format
    - i can't access any hand histories in play
    - the resizeable tables when made to their smallest size are still bigger than mini view tables so therefore it doesnt really help multi tabling past a certain number of tables
    - you can't read the longer player names when the tables are small
    - when i'm on the waiting list the table still loads in the old format (assume this will be ironed out naturally)
    - the avatars are terrible

• edited June 2013
    Theres no doubt its an improvement with features like auto seat, automatic top-up of chips etc etc.

It looks prettier in the full size version but as a mini view multi tabler I'm struggling to like it. It just seems a lot harder to follow whats happening, whos turn to act, who bet what, who's got the button?

I'm somebody who doesnt exactly embrace change so it may just be me but as it stands I'm dreading the switchover.....

:(
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Beta Software:
    Theres no doubt its an improvement with features like auto seat, automatic top-up of chips etc etc. It looks prettier in the full size version but as a mini view multi tabler I'm struggling to like it. It just seems a lot harder to follow whats happening, whos turn to act, who bet what, who's got the button? I'm somebody who doesnt exactly embrace change so it may just be me but as it stands I'm dreading the switchover..... :(
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Huge +1 to this. I can't adapt to it. So much so, I've gone back to using the old mini-view, which is brilliant.

Would love the new features ie auto top-up available using the old mini-view.
  • edited June 2013
    Think it looks very good - love some of the new features

My problems with it:

Cards could be bigger - should stand out on the table

Stack sizes are hard to follow when multi tabling

Smallest view on resizable tables like huuuuume said is still bigger than mini view

Could we have the setting to disable the chat box - allows me to focus on cards and gives more room on mini view to see all the action

• edited June 2013
     Not placing the bet amounts right in front of the avatars is my biggest gripe
  • edited June 2013
    one other small thing that used to be a problem a while ago on Sky software....the buttons are not nearly responsive enough.  i feel like i have to press things twice for them to work
  • edited June 2013

Been really looking forward to the day this launches.
     Now getting the impression it ain't going to be as good as I hoped.
     Any idea on timescales?

• edited June 2013
    the size of the window at its smallest just sucks, way too tall to tile properly
  • edited June 2013
     Lots of small things need ironing out -- but I think it's a great improvement
  • edited June 2013
    when we take a note does it come up[ saying "we have a note" or does it circle the name with a colour?

I am assuming that it looks rather like the tv testing
  • edited June 2013
     Lots of small things need ironing out -- but I think it's a great improvement
    Posted by oynutter
    +1
  • edited June 2013
    when we take a note does it come up[ saying "we have a note" or does it circle the name with a colour? I am assuming that it looks rather like the tv testing
    Posted by The_Don90
    it hasn't changed much.  there is a little yellow note attached to the top corner of their name just like the old software
  • edited June 2013
    I think the slider needs looking at. I like the current betting slider... The new one is odd because if you click on it it just jumps up randomly.

Just use the current slider as it is please

Also, what are we going to do without the hotometer? 

:)
  • edited June 2013
    The new software is obviously much better - and much of the new features/layout will take time to adjust to for players but i just feel a few small tweaks will enhance the experience for players. 
  • edited June 2013

i think the software is great if you only plan on playing 1 or 2 tables. all my issues are around being able to multi table with it and so far im not impressed.

good intro's so far:

auto top up.
    preffered seat.

my issues, all with my table resized to minimum.

-table size. larger than current mini view creating way more overlap than at present
    -dealer button has the impression of disappearing. hate how they have located it behind your avatar or at side depending on seat. keep on having to search to see who has it. should be in front and clear who has it
    -pot size placement. it is located far too near a players seat so when their bet is placed on the table it can be easily confused with the pot. (might just be me thats having to do a double take)
    -call/bet buttons. who thought of the colour scheme. the bet amounts contained within these buttons are so small and fail to stick out clearly against the colour scheme of the buttons. too often i cant make out the amount that they are asking me to call or bet. im constanly straining my eyes to even half make them out.
    -chat box. for me it just seems to dominate the table. would like a switch off function. the text within the box is bigger than most of the text contained anywhere else on the table
    -avatars. dont think they translate well. the current pics just look a mess. again would like to switch them off

for me if im playing in a small screen i want things clear and concise and so far this isnt the case. i think there is far too much going on and its hard to concentrate on the important things

• edited June 2013
    Few things already mentioned that I would've said, plus:-

Roulette/Blackjack/Live Deal links still on the table. Would like to disable that is settings if it HAS to be there in the first place (I like tables overlapping so occasionally click on one of them when table pops up.

Icons on table - Options / Lobby / Exit - Lobby is greyed out and doesn't work.

My ISP disco'd me, on reconnecting the poker tables just crashed with message saying Sky Poker Launching - had to manually close the tables then reopen them - and I then wasn't still sat at the table so had to rejoin waiting list. The latter part may be because I had sat out too long though, approx 5 minutes.

• edited June 2013
    ^^^^ I agree with everything this man says.
  • edited June 2013

^^^^^ Tintin has nailed it.
  • edited June 2013
    not trying to be too negative but just finished playing and i was sharing several tables with remymartin but once i hovered over his name at any point it showed his location and then never changed back.  i thought i was playing someone called sofia.

also, there is about a million various shades of blue in the colour scheme.  some variety would help make things clearer

a version without avatars, chat box, and roulette link would be nice
  • edited June 2013
    I like it for multitabling for the re sizeable tables and the auto topup, but yeah few tweaks like others have said the slider annoys me at times lol and you have to launch table on beta and go on waiting list and have to keep it open to get on the beta table and sometimes lose where button and betting amounts but hopefully be easily fixed.

one last thing i would like what stars have where you can save your layout where the tables are placed and sized.
  • edited June 2013
    not trying to be too negative but just finished playing and i was sharing several tables with remymartin but once i hovered over his name at any point it showed his location and then never changed back.  i thought i was playing someone called sofia. also, there is about a million various shades of blue in the colour scheme.  some variety would help make things clearer a version without avatars, chat box, and roulette link would be nice
    Posted by huuuuume
    lol
  • edited June 2013
    Yeh i agree with most of what has been posted. 

My main issue is the number of tables my computer could run without serious lag forcing me to stand:

Sky Old version : 2/3
    Sky new version : 2
    Poker*****: 12+

I thourght the new version was meant to be lighter meaning it could run more tables?

As for the other features most of them I dont really need, as I play only few tables on sky they make little difference to my overall game.

And as someone else mentioned, they buttons are still/more unresponsive, meaning you have to click them twice sometimes. Again not a major issue when playing 2 tables but still a bit annoying.

However the design I really like, i think its been given a much needed facelift!
  • edited June 2013
    Yeh i agree with most of what has been posted.  My main issue is the number of tables my computer could run without serious lag forcing me to stand: Sky Old version : 2/3 Sky new version : 2 Poker*****: 12+ I thourght the new version was meant to be lighter meaning it could run more tables? As for the other features most of them I dont really need, as I play only few tables on sky they make little difference to my overall game. And as someone else mentioned, they buttons are still/more unresponsive, meaning you have to click them twice sometimes. Again not a major issue when playing 2 tables but still a bit annoying. However the design I really like, i think its been given a much needed facelift!
    Posted by sighcall
    Hope this is a beta bug.
    Never been able to multi table here 3 pc's 2 broadband suppliers.The last DL was supposed to help but didn't this one was guaranteed to help!
  • edited June 2013
    I think the slider needs looking at. I like the current betting slider... The new one is odd because if you click on it it just jumps up randomly. Just use the current slider as it is please Also, what are we going to do without the hotometer?  :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1
  • edited June 2013
    When has a new version of *any* software been less processor/memory hungry?
  • edited June 2013
    When has a new version of *any* software been less processor/memory hungry?
    Posted by FCHD
    At the moment the beta is still using flash player, when they offically launch the new software it wont.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Beta Software : At the moment the beta is still using flash player, when they offically launch the new software it wont.
    Posted by dub1
    Really?
    Seems odd to beta-test a Flash based product and then final-release a completely different product. I thought the client had been reworked from the ground up without Flash?

(My thoughts only based on what I've picked up from this site, I've not seen this beta)

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Beta Software : Really? Seems odd to beta-test a Flash based product and then final-release a completely different product. I thought the client had been reworked from the ground up without Flash? (My thoughts only based on what I've picked up from this site, I've not seen this beta)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Nah, forget my post, I think I got that wrong.