You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Newcastle at Aspers

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Leg 5 of the SPT
on the 14th & 15th of Sept.
if this is been held In Newcastle on the 14th & 15th of Sept, I think we may have trouble booking hotel rooms as the Great North run is on that weekend
I've all ready look and there are not a lot of rooms left, apart from the expensive ones !!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I remember the UKIPT done Edinburgh right in the middle of the fringe festival. It encouraged a big name american to play it, but realistically if we didnt live within driving distance there was no way we could have afforded to play it. 

Newcastle isn't too bad for me either, but this may be very problematic. 
  • edited June 2013
    I've actually just done a search myself on this issue. Basically the same place ive got my hotel for Birmingham for £70 shows up 8 hotels, Only 1 of which is below £200 for a 2 night stay friday - sunday (assuming we're going straght home after day 2) Another 3 are above £250 but lower than £300, the rest are more than that.

For a £110 buy in event i really dont think this is finacially feasable for most and will put many off. 
  • edited June 2013
    Maybe this is the perfect time to implement Beaneh's (and others') idea of including expenses in with a seat.

Do all the sats exactly as you would for a £220 BI which most people expect for a 2day event anyway, and every 'seat' wins a seat + £110 which will at least help with the costs.

Yes it'll be argued that the £220 BIs aren't affordable to all (and the sats will play like its a £220 BI) but a £110 isn't affordable to all either if it costs £200+ to stay there.
  • edited June 2013
    There's a saying about organising a good drink in a place that beer is made that would come to mind.....only organisers managed to organise a "dry" event in Ireland, so nothing should surprise us!
  • edited June 2013
    Was looking forward to this, but there's always the old, pretend you havin a fit, and spend the night in 
    hospital then sign out in time for day 2...
  • edited June 2013
    Try near by areas.  Jesmond, Gateshead, Gosforth, all short taxi rides away.  
  • edited June 2013
    There's loads of Travel lodge all around from £26 a night. from 9 miles to 4 miles away.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Newcastle at Aspers:
    There's loads of Travel lodge all around from £26 a night. from 9 miles to 4 miles away.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    the £26 is just for the friday night, have a look at the sat night price its like x4 as much looking like to much for a £110 buy in event
  • edited June 2013
    As Barbie says the price is for a Friday only, then add 4-6(depending on what you do on the friday) taxi fee's. Then for some (i imagine a fair chunk of you) will stay Sunday night too, thus adding further cost. Then add travel.