You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weighted contribution?

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Does this mean everytime "you pay rake" you get 1 point?

As im actually not sure would you get say more points for playing 10 raked hands at 5/10p than you would at 2/4p in this promotion as there both in the lower table?

Someone clear this up for me please

Comments

• edited June 2013
    It's not as simple as you pay rake you get one point but essentially it is along those lines.  The points are given to those people who contribute to the rake of a hand.  Full details are found on the points page, I think you can find it through the rewards page under promotions.
  • edited June 2013
    Not really max rake at NL10 and NL4 is the same
  • edited June 2013
    Thx guys but what i mean is if i seen 100 flops at nl4 and 100 flops at nl10 in this promotion would i get the same points as there both in the same category for this promotion?
  • edited June 2013
    No, it's based on how many poker points you earn and as it's now weighted contribution you get 6 points for every £1 of rake you pay.

So obviously the higher the stakes, chances are the pots will get bigger, and you will therefore pay more rake (and earn more points).

So it's irrelevant how many flops you see, it's about how much rake YOU pay. You could see 100 flops and just c/f them all and pay hardly any rake, or you could see 2 flops, but both times you get it in for 300xBB and pay loads of rake.
  • edited June 2013
    Agh i see thx for clearing that up for me lambert i get it now:)