You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bet again or just check

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Whaaaa?

Why would we not bet again? Has he really got 58 or 52 that often? If it's set over set, meh that's just ul.

100% barrel the turn, prob go about £1.50 ish.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I have no readings on the villain.
    dg56 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.42
    xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.60
      Your hole cards

jimmyjam04 Fold     
    craigcu12 Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £6.36
    ginnstar02 Fold     
    carrotttop Fold     
    dg56 Call  £0.10 £0.28 £2.32
    xCall  £0.08 £0.36 £7.52
    Flop

dg56 Check     
    xBet  £0.36 £0.72 £7.16
    craigcu12 Raise  £0.90 £1.62 £5.46
    dg56 Fold     
    xCall  £0.54 £2.16 £6.62
    Turn

xCheck     
    craigcu12 Bet  £1.00 £3.16 £4.46
    xCall  £1.00 £4.16 £5.62
    River

xCheck
    I did decide to bet the turn and again he has just call so my thoughts started to be looking at a set or 56 and he was just trapping me or the flush or straight draw.
  • edited June 2013
    bet turn bigger shove river
  • edited June 2013
    Bet-fold around £2.30. You want to get value from random fish if he is just calling down with one-pair hands but if you get x/raised on the river here then you are very likely to be behind to a straight or a set.

That said, you should have bet more on the turn though because you want to get max value from fish with draws who will just x/f the river when they miss.

That you have posted the hand makes me think that you bet-called the river and you lost to a over-set or straight
  • edited June 2013
    Well villain just needs a 5 to get his straight so its more worrying than people give credit for above. I don't mind how you played this to be fair. I like the raise on the flop, could be slightly bigger because you can charge the absolute maximum at NL4. Bit of a crapppy card on the turn but I like the betsize to keep the pot a little under control. I think you can bet fold the river to around half pot on river.

If you did that on the river then its perfect in my opinion.
  • edited June 2013

it was with them all being low cards that i was more concerned about my set the only hand i was really thinking would still call massive bets that i was ahead of is 76. betting with flush and straight draws are just so rare on nl4 so it makes them hands hard to be included.