You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lose value on river by just calling?

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
barx1210Small blind £0.05£0.05£9.86
WILLI698Big blind £0.10£0.15£11.41
 Your hole cards

devlinFold    
CUFCrp90Raise £0.30£0.45£23.80
robbie1992Fold    
pepoCall £0.30£0.75£7.55
barx1210Fold    
WILLI698Call £0.20£0.95£11.21
Flop

WILLI698Check    
CUFCrp90Check    
pepoCheck    
Turn

• K

WILLI698Check    
CUFCrp90Bet £0.40£1.35£23.40
pepoCall £0.40£1.75£7.15
WILLI698Fold    
River

• J

CUFCrp90Bet £1.10£2.85£22.30
pepoRaise £3.08£5.93£4.07
CUFCrp90Call £1.98£7.91£20.32
pepoShow
  • Q
  • A

CUFCrp90Show

CUFCrp90WinFlush to the King£7.31 £27.63
Heres the story people, i'm bossing the table having just won some nice pots and calling a decent bluff on the river by the second best player there. So i decide to get creative with a nice suited semi connector.

I think if I bet the flop I either win the hand there or chase off all hands except big pairs and playable draws there. At the time I thought to myself as soon as I checked I should have bet!

Turn is a beautiful card to bluff on because it gives me the flush redraw, its an overpair so it goes with my percieved range so I fire just below half pot to keep it looking fresh.

River obviously gets me there so happy days. The opponent hasn't looked that strong all hand but when he reraises me all I can think is he's got TJ or KT? Unfortunately he has to bet massive to get me to fold there so I called anyway.

So my question is what do you think of my river play? Is the call there alright or should I have shoved on him?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    open pre is loose and you need to play well post flop to make it profitable, and by not cbetting this flop it prob isn't profitable

bet bigger ott

I probably just flat otr

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Lose value on river by just calling?:
    open pre is loose and you need to play well post flop to make it profitable, and by not cbetting this flop it prob isn't profitable bet bigger ott I probably just flat otr
    Posted by percival09
    OK please explain further:

"open pre is loose": Yes I know this that's a statement rather than a criticism though. I'm table captain I can dictate my range and playing loose occasionally balances my range in my opponents eyes.

I'm trying to play poker rather than grind out a profit so can you explain the thought behind "play well postflop to make it profitable". If you mean by that only play super tight I don't see that as valid commentary. If you mean bet bigger to take the pot down I get you, but I don't mind losing a small pot if it gives me the opportunity to win a huge one!

You would flat OTR. That answers my Q cheers!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Lose value on river by just calling? : OK please explain further: "open pre is loose": Yes I know this that's a statement rather than a criticism though. I'm table captain I can dictate my range and playing loose occasionally balances my range in my opponents eyes. I'm trying to play poker rather than grind out a profit so can you explain the thought behind "play well postflop to make it profitable". If you mean by that only play super tight I don't see that as valid commentary. If you mean bet bigger to take the pot down I get you, but I don't mind losing a small pot if it gives me the opportunity to win a huge one! You would flat OTR. That answers my Q cheers!
    Posted by CUFCrp90
    Lol

a) I'm saying opening 7 high from HJ is loose and IS unprofitable unless YOU are a good player post flop. We're not flopping good enough of the time to justify opening it from such early pos. Being the "table captain" doesn't mean opening anything connected from any position. Being the best player on the table means understanding hand selection and being positionally aware. Being positionally aware is one of the most important aspects of the game whichh unfortunately a lot of people under-estimate. Being the table captain doesn not mean clicking buttons cluelessly

b) you're trying to play poker rather than grind a profit? lol. lol. You seem to be implying that's what I was saying you should do? Not at all. It's just that you're going to be losing too much money opening from early position with junk if you're not exploiting your opponents post flop for sure, which means we should be continuing our aggression on flops like this when it's likely our opponents haven't flopped anything. We can't just open 7high from HJ and hope to flop a straight, well, we can.. but it wont get you very far. 

I never ever said play super tight. You carry on playing these hands from those positions and calculate how much money you have made from it over a long period and then we'll see if you continue doing it. 
  • edited June 2013

raising with hands like 75s is loose in the sense that you are not very well positioned and if you happen to miss your flop which completely which you almost did and because the cards in your hand are both low and not paired all you can do then is take risks hoping the villians will fall for your tricks and fold.
    another problem you will face is what if you did hit the flush because with you being OOP again it makes getting calls a lot more difficult too because to most villians would just think them selves that if you were just bluffing if he raised or jammed you would probably just fold so he is better of just calling with his pair and two pair or folding if the pot is too low, this hand he has is one of the few times you will get lucky and have decent hands.

if you just wanting to play poker for the fun why not save your money and go onto the free tables.
    although micro stakes does have lots of beginners you do get some who are playing for the money and want to make profit and this villain above is one I know well myself

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Lose value on river by just calling? : OK please explain further: "open pre is loose": Yes I know this that's a statement rather than a criticism though. I'm table captain I can dictate my range and playing loose occasionally balances my range in my opponents eyes. I'm trying to play poker rather than grind out a profit so can you explain the thought behind "play well postflop to make it profitable". If you mean by that only play super tight I don't see that as valid commentary. If you mean bet bigger to take the pot down I get you, but I don't mind losing a small pot if it gives me the opportunity to win a huge one! You would flat OTR. That answers my Q cheers!
    Posted by CUFCrp90
    Think this is a bit off the mark, how do you mean dictate your range - your just playing a wide opening range from a postion on the table that can be expolited or just means your going to the flop behind and as percival stated requires you to be a very good post flop player.
    Just playing loose does not balance your range, taking same lines with a wide variety of hands balances your range.
    More so to actually balance requires a very clear understanding of your perceived range.
    How does checking the flop balance your range, what is you checking range on flop ?
    To not bet flop unbalances your range. To not bet flop is kinda not bossing the table.

bet flop 100% of the time with your range boss.
    What are the reasons to not bet the flop, do you think it makes your range look stronger ?
    Would you bet flop with you stronger hands or just check with air, 2nd pr ?

just call on river
  • edited June 2013
    o come guys, being a tad hard i think.. theres nothin wrong with openin 75s if he feels he has a edge on table.no-one can critisise from vewin one hand.. my only concern is that u get looked up in 2 spots and one has AQ (importnant to remember)..

i probally play the flop the same vs two oppos- check and give up-the flop does zero for us and c-bettin here is more a leak then not cbettin - dont listen to above..!! yes we have 7 high and can only win by a bet bla bla bla but THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD BET..!! cbettin here will raley get through vs 2 players meaning we have to bet bet bet- theres toooooooo much that will call this flop it make no sense. 

turn is also close - still dont no if i bet as will get called alot and most of the time jus brick out with 7 high..!! = bad spot
    if i do bet i would make it bigger for the times i do hit my flush, but still think nothin wrong with the check give up  here.!!

river is just a flat- id never jam .. 
    in general hand is played ok imo  WP OP
  • edited June 2013

actually if that £4 left in villan stack then id go for rest - i initailly thought your was eff stack

• edited June 2013
    actually if that £4 left in villan stack then id go for rest - i initailly thought your was eff stack
    Posted by LnarinOO
    +1

He's never raise/folding leaving himself £4 behind, so if we think we're ahead of his range get the lot, if not we wouldn't call (obv we're not folding here).
  • edited June 2013
    o come guys, being a tad hard i think.. theres nothin wrong with openin 75s if he feels he has a edge on table.no-one can critisise from vewin one hand.. my only concern is that u get look up in 2 spots and one has AQ (importnant to remember).. i probally play the flop the same vs two oppos- check and give up-the flop does zero for us and c-bettin here is more a leak then not cbettin - dont listen to above ..!! yes we have 7 high and can only win by a bet bla bla bla but THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD BET..!! cbettin here will raley get through vs 2 players meaning we have to bet bet bet- theres toooooooo much that will call this flop it make no sense.  turn is also close - still dont no if i bet as will get called alot and most of the time jus brick out with 7 high..!! = bad spot if i do bet i would make it bigger for the times i do hit my flush, but still think nothin wrong with the check give up  here.!! river is just a flat- id never jam ..  in general hand is played ok imo  WP OP
    Posted by LnarinOO
    yo I hear what your saying, but how does hero outplay post flop on blank turns - failing to the see the merits of opening 75s ep and not c betting. So oppo is going to outplay 2 oppo on blank turns - is it better for hero's range to check flop and bet turn or bet/bet or more turn cards that are good for our range.
    Why not c bet flop, because it's not good for our range ?

Think raising 75s and checking flop is more of a leak than not c betting flop.
    So we now raising a wide range ep and checking missed flops or non high card flops.
    So our checking range consists of what !

Are we only betting on flops that hit our perceived range ?
    if we are than ok, but how does that flop help oppo perceived range.

Just don't think it's the best EV play
  • edited June 2013
    Hold up guys! Getting absolutely destroyed here...

Don't get me wrong I know that if I open 75 in this position all the time I am not going to make money! But I really don't see the problem with mixing it up now and again. If everyone plays the same in these games surely its a good idea to do the opposite: ie if everyone plays tight go loose and vice versa! Also I like to play the same hand differently sometimes, keeps it different. 

Rancid: In a full ring game thats called the hijack seat, in 6 max its out of position, i'm learning the differences between the two! Also i'm wary of cbetting 100% of flops because i've done a bit of study recently into good textures to cbet and good ones to not cbet. Td8hTc treads the line between a good one to cbet and a bad one! Its medium/unsuited but semiconnected/paired.... I chose not to cbet because i'd only keep hands in that I couldn't make fold later on depending on what the turn/river. I probably wouldn't have cbet had I a Ten there either!

@CraigCU12: "if you just wanting to play poker for the fun why not save your money and go onto the free tables." What a rubdown! If i'm that bad and exploitable mate come and get my money, why would anybody not want weak players in their games!
  • edited June 2013
    Hold up guys! Getting absolutely destroyed here... Don't get me wrong I know that if I open 75 in this position all the time I am not going to make money! But I really don't see the problem with mixing it up now and again. If everyone plays the same in these games surely its a good idea to do the opposite: ie if everyone plays tight go loose and vice versa! Also I like to play the same hand differently sometimes, keeps it different.  Rancid: In a full ring game thats called the hijack seat, in 6 max its out of position, i'm learning the differences between the two! Also i'm wary of cbetting 100% of flops because i've done a bit of study recently into good textures to cbet and good ones to not cbet. Td8hTc treads the line between a good one to cbet and a bad one! Its medium/unsuited but semiconnected/paired.... I chose not to cbet because i'd only keep hands in that I couldn't make fold later on depending on what the turn/river. I probably wouldn't have cbet had I a Ten there either! @CraigCU12: "if you just wanting to play poker for the fun why not save your money and go onto the free tables." What a rubdown! If i'm that bad and exploitable mate come and get my money, why would anybody not want weak players in their games!
    Posted by CUFCrp90

Think we just looking at it from two view points.
    You mention good flops to c bet and not good flops to c bet.
    Who is this flop good for, why is it bad for you ?

I am looking at it from a range v range perspective.
    If your checking flop, then what portion of your range goes into your checking range etc..
    How do we know if checking or betting is better for our overall range as regards to EV.

If we care about oppo's range, then why is this flop so good for their range.

How do we make money at poker ?

when people fold
    when we have the best hand at showdown

Larinoooooo said betting flop is spew, well is betting flop +EV or -EV for our range.
    Does betting flop add EV to our range or does checking add EV to our range.

Al about range...

that is all

ok so in this hand, lets say pepo bets flop - do you fold ?
    If you fold then how is raising pre and checking flop so good ?
    Are you going to rep a very narrow range and c/r flop or float and take it away ?
    Now we start getting into the area of spew/FPS and the like...imo

What if turn bricks, do you bet- if so  - why not bet the flop ? Has the turn hit your range ?
    What about oppo perceived range, maybe it hit theirs, is betting turn still good.

• edited June 2013
    rancid serious question now....are u jokin ???
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Lose value on river by just calling? : Think we just looking at it from two view points. You mention good flops to c bet and not good flops to c bet. Who is this flop good for, why is it bad for you ? I am looking at it from a range v range perspective. If your checking flop, then what portion of your range goes into your checking range etc.. How do we know if checking or betting is better for our overall range as regards to EV. If we care about oppo's range, then why is this flop so good for their range. How do we make money at poker ? when people fold when we have the best hand at showdown Larinoooooo said betting flop is spew, well is betting flop +EV or -EV for our range. Does betting flop add EV to our range or does checking add EV to our range. Al about range... that is all ... ok so in this hand, lets say pepo bets flop - do you fold ? If you fold then how is raising pre and checking flop so good ? Are you going to rep a very narrow range and c/r flop or float and take it away ? Now we start getting into the area of spew/FPS and the like...imo What if turn bricks, do you bet- if so  - why not bet the flop ? Has the turn hit your range ? What about oppo perceived range, maybe it hit theirs, is betting turn still good.
    Posted by rancid

not sure where i said spew?? but i  did spew readin this..    

*puke*

na jokin aside i jus didnt understand what ur tryin to put accross?? makes no sense to meeee? sangria has .75% the rest im unsure??
  • edited June 2013
    first off I'm not a cash player and I'm still learning the game so this post is a question as much as advice. the thread has already got a bit heated and I'm not interested in getting involved in a cake throwing contest.

anyway lol......couple of thoughts on this:

surely you have to c bet this flop as its realistically you're only way to win the hand (runner runner won't happen to often). you'd prob have to check fold on the flop to any raise (can't believe last to act didn't have a stab on the flop) If the flop gets checked by everyone and someone raises the turn again you're folding most times (even if you hit a pair on the turn). 

is there not extra benefit c betting after the check too because the player acting after you won't be sure what first to act will do or if he's slow playing the 10 or high pp.

If he has the 10 and you bet the flop he might just flat call expectting/hoping you fire again at the turn. Again you can check turn taking the free card for the draw.

If he doesn't have 10 he prob plays turn safe by checking-again you get free card for the draw.

If he flats the flop and leads out on the turn I'm folding unless priced in for the draw.

Unless im really sure c bet won't get through I'm c betting here about 3/4 of pot. In general surely this a good flop for your suited connectors to cbet as its unlikely to have improved anyone.the trips are always scary leaving a bluff on the river as an option.

Your raise preflop could represent any pocket pair in which case i a cbet would be legitimate. I play the hand as if I have pocket 9s.

Ps after checking the flop then I'd play it the same as yourself except I would bet bigger on the turn. Less than half pot bet looks too much like a probe bet to me.
  • edited June 2013
    i dont think the post is getting heated.. i do think that ppl have read too many books sayin +EV this and -EV that, but dont atually know what their tryin to say...

lets start by me saying that all my posts are just my opinions and my analysis of the hand.. as we know poker is a very complex game and in many cases theres no 'right or wrong' way to play a hand.. BUT i do think ppl should be open to argument and discussion..

starting from the top... op has given his reasons of why he/she opened 57s.. as stated in my initial post i see no  reasons to not open..? nobody knows the specific dynamics of this game to say whether this is incorect or not..!! i wouldnt be jumping straight in there and sayin u shouldnt be doin this, its wrong and unprofitable, when we dont know that..!! 

my main argument is to ppl sayin 'bet the flop with 100% of your range'..
    i think this is entirley wrong vs two villans. i raley think we will get it through so as stated in my inital responce see nothin wrong with totally giving up here..
    some ppl have got the wrong idea that jus because we opened 57, we have to win this pot.. i think if we cbet here we have to barrell 3 to try and win.. it just so happens that in this hand we would of had a decent barrell card BUT without being results orientated lets say the turn was the 3s, still want to barrell and tell me thats the most profitable way to play???

this flop clearly doesnt nothing for our hand- rancid insist that its all about range? what are u on about? 
    the point of the matter is that if we cbet here- are we gonna take it down enough of the time to make it profitable?? my argument is NO.. so in this situation id check give up.. 

not sure what this nonsence is about bettin cos its good for our range and its more +EV to cbet cos we've opened 57s and totally missed and now we have to win the pot - this is total bolox.. 
    in reality i think we should dump the hand, say good bye to the .30p weve invested, nobody sees we opened 57 anyway.! and mmove on to the next hand..

• edited June 2013
    I'll keep this relatively brief. lol

If we think our opponents are going to play their hands face-up on this flop, then we can c-bet. If we bet half-pot we need only get it through 1/3 times to break even.

If we think our opponents don't play face-up then we shouldn't c-bet this flop. If that's the case, raising 57 in this position pre-flop is likely to be unprofitable in the long-run because a) We're likely to play the flop OOP, and b) we're more likely to go multi-way to a flop.

This flop doesn't hit that much of our opponents ranges. The only real draws are 9J or 79. So this is not a bad flop to c-bet 3-way.

If we're opening 57s from EP pre-flop, we can't expect to only take down the pot when we flop some equity. We need to be able to win it without hitting a pair/draw on reasonably safe boards. We need to expect to go multi-way when raising from EP and to be playing OOP to at least one player.

If either of these players is going to float a c-bet with two overs or call with a gut-shot on this board, then raising pre-flop from this position is likely to be unprofitable in the long-run. If they're not going to do things like that - so they'll play face-up - then not c-betting this situation is the mistake.

Either way, I think there's a mistake in this hand.
  • edited June 2013

To address the original question of calling or 3-betting the river:

It largely depends on what you think of your opponent: If he can think to himself that he can never be winning with just trips or a straight, facing a river 3-bet and he's disciplined enough to make the lay-down even with tempting pot odds, then you should just call.

A decent player probably doesn't call a river 3-bet with worse than the 7-high flush on a paired board, even with so much in the middle. £4 is 40BB after all, so why would he call that off if he can never be winning.

I'd just call unless I think my opponent is not very good.

• edited June 2013
    i dont think the post is getting heated.. i do think that ppl have read too many books sayin +EV this and -EV that, but dont atually know what their tryin to say... lets start by me saying that all my posts are just my opinions and my analysis of the hand.. as we know poker is a very complex game and in many cases theres no 'right or wrong' way to play a hand.. BUT i do think ppl should be open to argument and discussion.. starting from the top... op has given his reasons of why he/she opened 57s.. as stated in my initial post i see no  reasons to not open..? nobody knows the specific dynamics of this game to say whether this is incorect or not..!! i wouldnt be jumping straight in there and sayin u shouldnt be doin this, its wrong and unprofitable, when we dont know that..!!  my main argument is to ppl sayin ' bet the flop with 100% of your range' .. i think this is entthough wrong vs two villans. i raley think we will get through so as stated in my inital responce see nothin wrong with totally giving up here.. some ppl have got the wrong idea that jus because we opened 57, we have to win this pot.. i think if we cbet here we have to barrell 3 to try and win.. it just so happens that in this hand we would of had a decent barrell card BUT without being results orientated lets say the turn was the 3s, still want to barrell and tell me thats the most profitable way to play??? this flop clearly doesnt nothing for our hand- rancid insist that its all about range? what are u on about?  the point of the matter is that if we cbet here- are we gonna take it down enough of the time to make it profitable?? my argument is NO.. so in this situation id check give up..  not sure what this nonsence is about bettin cos its good for our range and its more +EV to cbet cos we've opened 57s and totally missed and now we have to win the pot - this is total bolox..  in reality i think we should dump the hand, say good bye to the .30p weve invested, nobody sees we opened 57 anyway.! and mmove on to the next hand..  
    Posted by LnarinOO

I understand your point and I suppose it comes down to how often we think oppo's will fold given this scenario on the flop. At attempt at working out some numbers this is what I've come up with feel free to correct me as ive only started trying to think of plays in this way:

If we cbet 50p and we take down the hand 3 out of 10 times. We win 3 x 95p or 2.85 and lose 7 x 80p (opening raise and flop raise) or 5.60.. Net loss of 2.75.

If we don't cbet. We win nothing and lose nothing from our flop play but we lose our 30p 10 out of 10 times?! Using 10 out of 10 because runner runner is under 10% chance of winning. I think we need two perfect cards to win this pot on the turn and river. So lose 3 quid over the 10 hands.

Opening raise is the real problem here though in my opinion. Unless table is very tight or he thinks he'll act last on the flop I can't see how this works.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Lose value on river by just calling? : I understand your point and I suppose it comes down to how often we think oppo's will fold given this scenario on the flop. At attempt at working out some numbers this is what I've come up with feel free to correct me as ive only started trying to think of plays in this way: If we cbet 50p and we take down the hand 3 out of 10 times. We win 3 x 95p or 2.85 and lose 7 x 80p (opening raise and flop raise) or 5.60.. Net loss of 2.75. If we don't cbet. We win nothing and lose nothing from our flop play but we lose our 30p 10 out of 10 times?! Using 10 out of 10 because runner runner is under 10% chance of winning. I think we need two perfect cards to win this pot on the turn and river. So lose 3 quid over the 10 hands. Opening raise is the real problem here though in my opinion. Unless table is very tight or he thinks he'll act last on the flop I can't see how this works.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    its only relevnat to think of our b/e number when c/bettin cos sometimes we can get called but can still barrell and win or still barrell and lose a higher amount.. its hard to know vs two villans how often they actually call vs cbet.. we need to think about board texture to cbet.. i think we get looked up too often with ahigh, all pairs, 10x and the j9,jq,97 type hands.. forcing us to lose a higher amount when we barrell off and lose .. in reality do i think my cbet will show a profit vs two villans enough of the time on this board ?
  • edited June 2013
    larinooooooooooooooooo

stop puking )

What I am saying is actually not to bet 100% of your range, you should still have a checking range
    but your checking and betting range should be still +ev
    even if you checking range is -ev, it should not impact the ev of your whole range
    you should bet with confidence that betting still makes your whole range +EV
    You shouldn't have too many hands that detract from the EV of your range
    add too many hands at the btm end and you reduce the ev of your top of range hands

think the main discusion should be why is oppo openiing this and how does it sit within their range

overall picture is more than just a hand

or do we just randomly open hands just because of some notion we have that it's going to be ok because we are the boss lol

would just love to know how you can make this +EV by checking flop - no one has really answered this
    if we not making ev based plays then what are we doing

check give up doesn't seem like it's going to be +EV and I accept that but what is our checking range - is it pure -EV.

just all roundabout speculation )

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Lose value on river by just calling? : its only relevnat to think of our b/e number when c/bettin cos sometimes we can get called but can still barrell and win or still barrell and lose a higher amount.. its hard to know vs two villans how often they actually call vs cbet.. we need to think about board texture to cbet.. i think we get looked up too often with ahigh, all pairs, 10x and the j9,jq,97 type hands.. forcing us to lose a higher amount when we barrell off and lose .. in reality do i think my cbet will show a profit vs two villans enough of the time on this board ?
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Just read  through the whole thread and this jumps at me

This is the question what will show a profit with our range if we check or bet.

So our betting range will show xEV

our checking range will show xEV

Both lines should yield a +EV overall with our optimal range

--

If we talk about exploiting oppo's in spots like this then in all honestly good luck because as you mention oppo should c/f flop because how is oppo going to boss/exploit opening 75s and c/f flops.

--

so if oppo is playing optimal or exploitative I really don't see how opening 75s and checking flop is going to be +EV - unless hero is looking to exploit oppo tendacies to fold on these kind of flops
    If hero is looking to exploit oppo tendacies then what range do they expect oppo to fold on turn that they can't fold out on flop then barreling -

We are making assumptions that we shouldn't c bet flop because oppo have a better range and they more likely to call.
    How are we exploiting oppo tendacies if they calling with a better range pre and also not folding better range post.

--

I find this discussion intresting and feel all points made are valid
    Think it's more beneficial to discuss hero's startegy and how this hand sits within that strategy.

But I guess it's just a random open with 75s )

and yes poker is a very complicated game )

• edited June 2013
    thats correct that we should be tryin to solve the best line to maximise our expectation in any given hand or even better still, groups of hands. ie how did the last 100 hands affect the way the im goin to play the next 100- this is how dynamics form for us to be able to play the most profitable form of poker...
    i agree that check givin up holds no value and didnt want that to come accross as what i meant.. obvs were jus given up on the money we invested but as stated before we only see one hand and in this case get looked up in 2 spots.. this is the problem here.. as stated before if this happens too much then i would not be openin 57.. this is where the intial problem lies.. however we dnt know if this has been happenin alot or not so i can only make assupmtions on this hand in question.. im makin my assuptions on the basis that i dont know either of the villans so im sayin how i would play the hand readless and once ive got to the flop, i know if our cbet is called (and i think thats a high % on this texture) im gonna probally have to barrell 3 streets to get through.. in my eyes theres no shame in givin the pot up until i no it will work or have reasons to do otherwise.. i dont think its a case of only having to flop equity to make this work my opinions are based on the infor mation provided and didnt like the bet 100%of hands bit..

agreed an intersting hand with good discussion. exactly how i like it because we can all learn from different POV including myself whether we agree or not.. and hah rancid ur post made me chuckle cos of how many times u said the word range lol
  • edited June 2013
    You could say I am bit obsessed with range )

game theory optimal verus exploitable poker is always a good debate

espeically on prd flops as pfr which is more profitbale

funny thing is by playing exploitable poker your just going to either be exploited or exploit yourself )

• edited June 2013
    Unless you're Ike Haxton or 'insert nosebleed NLHE grinder here' then opening 75s from MP at NL10 is going to be -EV because of rake. End of discussion.