You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll Management

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on bankroll management. I seem to win some.. cash some out.... go on a bit of a losing streak. Deposit more and then win some.... then cash out a bit more.

I don't really have a bankroll management, but would like to know at what point during your bankroll do you cash out,... etc.

I like playing DYM's around about the 3.30 to 5.50 mark and also the GTD tourneys for similair buy ins. Not sure how i should go about my bankroll.

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Usual rule of thumb is

20 buyins for a cash game (if you sit down with 100BB)
    25 buyins for a SnG game
    30-40 buyins for MTT

If you're a winning player you shouldnt go bust if you follow this :)
  • edited December 2009

Ok cool, thanks for the reply. So at what point do you cash out. So do you, Leave 30-40 buyins in your account and cash out the rest?? I guess it varys from person to person as to when you decide to cash out.

• edited December 2009
    Hi

The accepted bankroll management depends on who you speak to, but, I use 5% :)
  • edited December 2009

Hey, if you cash out the money (and spend it!) ur never gonna progress, ie play at higher levels and expand ur bankroll.

I have 2 bank accounts, one for poker which I never touch, unless things get really tight, n one to live from.

I leave 10 buy ins on my online sky poker balance, and withdraw whatever I make every 3/4 days directly into my poker bank account. The money is there to deposit again if things go really badly (i.e lose 10 buy ins in a session) but I tend to focus and play better when my sky poker balance doesnt look so pretty.

I havent needed to re-deposit since I started playing seriously on sky poker, and the poker account is increasing steadily.

This works for me, but others may be different.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Sounds like a good way of managing it DOHHHHH. Ive never really thought about it until now. Im slowly getting better and am starting to cash in a few more games so thought i would ask how others do it. Very interesting! 

I definately agree with you with you on playing better when the old balance doesnt look too pretty. lol

Thanks