You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tourney Chat Warriors.

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
It's definitely best to just ignore these guys. The few that do show up at a HU table usually do so because they're experienced HU players and think they have an edge on you. If you're arriving at the table tilted by them, they almost certainly will have an edge anyway.

There are jerks in society and some of them play online Poker. Treat these guys like a nutter on a bus. Ignore them.

It's important not to name individuals on the forum, in this way. The guy's not here to defend himself so please erase his alias.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Why do people in Low stake Buy in's feel the need to offer out anyone who beats them in a hand, then not show up in the Heads up table afterwards?
    I just wondered as "A PERSON" spent ages offering me out at various levels but when I sat he didn't show??
    Whilst I would rather play him at PLO, I reg'ed at 25/50 NLH as requested but he didn't show.
    Does this happen a lot? or was this a one off?
  • edited June 2013
    OK done, but surely naming and shaming would be better?
  • edited June 2013
    I know what you're saying and it's annoying to have these guys around, but the rules about not posting individual aliases are there to stop people maliciously undermining someone's character.

I'm not suggesting this is what you're doing, of course, but if someone came on here saying "This guy called BorinLoner just said XYZ about me in the chat box" and I wasn't here to defend myself, I'd think it was pretty unfair to be judged on that. It may or may not be true but my side of the story wouldn't be heard.

Besides that, the 'community' is meant to be a welcoming place. We don't have to like each other but if we have a dispute it's better to deal with it privately, rather than in an open forum. The rules about naming names are there to keep things all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. lol
  • edited June 2013

The reply by Mr Borin perfectly sums it up.

We so often see "(alias) cheated/colluded on the Tables last night".

In a civilised society, we cannot just go round making unsubstantiated allegations in public, especially when the alleged offenders are not here to defend themselves. It's just wrong.

Remember, you may be on the wrong end of such allegations one day. You'd not be a happy duck if you were.

These things cut both ways.

• edited June 2013
    As soon as Mr Borin pointed out my faux pas I edited it so i doubt you, or indeed anyone apart from him, saw the original missive. I would also like to point out that my 'unsubstantiated allegations' are available if you wish to read them, as I Copy/Paste any chat I feel may be of interest later and I am very aware of how Interenet posts can be mis-interpreted but I can assure you, mine was posted in good faith.
    The reply by Mr Borin perfectly sums it up. We so often see "(alias) cheated/colluded on the Tables last night". In a civilised society, we cannot just go round making unsubstantiated allegations in public, especially when the alleged offenders are not here to defend themselves. It's just wrong. Remember, you may be on the wrong end of such allegations one day. You'd not be a happy duck if you were.   These things cut both ways.  
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tourney Chat Warriors.:
    As soon as Mr Borin pointed out my faux pas I edited it so i doubt you, or indeed anyone apart from him, saw the original missive. I would also like to point out that my 'unsubstantiated allegations' are available if you wish to read them, as I Copy/Paste any chat I feel may be of interest later and I am very aware of how Interenet posts can be mis-interpreted but I can assure you, mine was posted in good faith.
    Posted by DJQuak[/
    QUOTE]

All fair & noted Mr Quak, my point was generic, not specific, & I apologise if it read otherwise.

Note that you should always send such stuff to Customer Care if the chat or comments are inappropriate.

Thanks, & have a great weekend.
  • edited June 2013
    No worries Sir, as usual your remarks were with SKY's best interest's in mind and polite. I thank you and look forward to taking more cash off you in Luton at PLO again ;-p

In Response to Re: Tourney Chat Warriors. :
    As soon as Mr Borin pointed out my faux pas I edited it so i doubt you, or indeed anyone apart from him, saw the original missive. I would also like to point out that my 'unsubstantiated allegations' are available if you wish to read them, as I Copy/Paste any chat I feel may be of interest later and I am very aware of how Interenet posts can be mis-interpreted but I can assure you, mine was posted in good faith. Posted by DJQuak[/ QUOTE] All fair & noted Mr Quak, my point was generic, not specific, & I apologise if it read otherwise. Note that you should always send such stuff to Customer Care if the chat or comments are inappropriate. Thanks, & have a great weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited June 2013
    No worries Sir, as usual your remarks were with SKY's best interest's in mind and polite. I thank you and look forward to taking more cash off you in Luton at PLO again ;-p In Response to Re: Tourney Chat Warriors. :
    Posted by DJQuak
    Polite? Of course. Nobody takes a blind bit of notice of shouty-wouty rude people!

Owning me @ PLO? Standard.