You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Birmingham. LIVE

14567810»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    great weekend well played all
  • edited June 2013
    Great weekend. Didn't stick about long in the main, hero called my way out - apologies to those who backed me in their fantasy teams!

Really enjoyed the side later, esp when on a table with Trip5, Fredsgirl (to my right), Percival, Solly (for a short time) plus some other local 'characters'.

No cash for me this weekend, but a great investment nonetheless. VWP Sky.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham. LIVE:
    Just got home - What a fantastic 2 nights. Congratulations to everyone who attended - made a very special couple of days/nights.  Paul - just MAGIC mate , very well played and a big well done to Clare for getting so close. My first SPT and only second time playing live, (the first being the night before)  so over the moon that i cashed but probably more excited that I got Tommy D's scalp. lol A big thanks to all at Sky for organising a great weekend but the biggest thanks go to all the forum players that made me feel so welcome. great getting to know all you guys and gals and putting names to faces. And finally it was great to meet all my teamates - a great bunch of people   TPT RULE ps. - can we get Tsarr banned for next SPT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Posted by Jeffter
    *cough* you've given me the "Fear!" now :s
  • edited June 2013
    Was my first spt event and it definatly wont be my last, every table i sat at was friendly and full of banter, can't ask for more! The cash was nice too :) 
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. Had a fantastic weekend. The whole event was run brilliantly and i had an amazing time. Clare played so well on the final table and was great fun to play with. Samantha25 and Trip5 did a wonderful job with the updates. Shared a table with Andrew1947, Mr Bromley and Scotty77 at the start and all were such nice people and great players. Mrs Bromley was hilarious and a lovely person. Really enjoyed meeting so many people off the forum and the TPT guys and their support on the rail was great. Hopefully see you all again at the next one
    Posted by Jac35
    heard that scotty is totally poop ;) no wonder you won! bumpsss thread so you can do more brags lol :)))
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. Had a fantastic weekend. The whole event was run brilliantly and i had an amazing time. Clare played so well on the final table and was great fun to play with. Samantha25 and Trip5 did a wonderful job with the updates. Shared a table with Andrew1947, Mr Bromley and Scotty77 at the start and all were such nice people and great players. Mrs Bromley was hilarious and a lovely person. Really enjoyed meeting so many people off the forum and the TPT guys and their support on the rail was great. Hopefully see you all again at the next one
    Posted by Jac35
    Very well done on the win Paul, and to think at the start me and adam were pleased you werent the rael paul action jackson lol how wrong can we be, Congrats!!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham. LIVE : heard that scotty is totally poop ;) no wonder you won! bumpsss thread so you can do more brags lol :)))
    Posted by samantha25

Appreciate the bump Samantha
    I'm sure I'll be able to think of something soon! Lol
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham. LIVE : Very well done on the win Paul, and to think at the start me and adam were pleased you werent the rael paul action jackson lol how wrong can we be, Congrats!!
    Posted by BARBIE59
    Cheers mate.
    Good weekend for you too with the nice win on Friday night!

Did you really have AQ by the way?
  • edited June 2013
    Had a short and sweet time.  Who was the sky rep handing out the name stickers at the start?  He asked for a quick chat but couldn't see him before I left. Cheers
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Was probably Adam Harmer
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham. LIVE : Cheers mate. Good weekend for you too with the nice win on Friday night! Did you really have AQ by the way?
    Posted by Jac35
    ya i did was a great fold to lay down KQ there for what i had left, could of really done with that x2 up that could of stopped me getting it all in with andrew lol
  • edited June 2013
    Great weekend. Didn't stick about long in the main, hero called my way out - apologies to those who backed me in their fantasy teams! Really enjoyed the side later, esp when on a table with Trip5, Fredsgirl (to my right), Percival, Solly (for a short time) plus some other local 'characters'. No cash for me this weekend, but a great investment nonetheless. VWP Sky.
    Posted by bbMike
    Don't be modest Mike, you won the unofficial turbo sidey.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham. LIVE : Don't be modest Mike, you won the unofficial turbo sidey.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    he spilt that and used the winnings to get the round in and made a loss lol

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham. LIVE : he spilt that and used the winnings to get the round in and made a loss lol
    Posted by liamboi11
    I know.  I was trying to big him up.  Sigh.

Kronenbourg obviously pushed it over the edge.  Apparently it's an expensive beer.