You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RE Blohole thread titled New Player Freeroll

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
OK so I and alot of other ppl by the sounds of it are getting sick of the responses ppl get on these forums from the SKY TEAM.

The sharp toned nature of these replies and the fact the thread is then locked doesnt leave much for the thread starter to think other than FU il take my business elsewhere

ESPECIALLY when its full of incorrect information

This is still on the site! So why respond to that thread with 

"Hi,

No, the new player freeroll stopped a couple of months ago.

Lee"

WOW GREAT WORK THERE ......... way to keep the clientele happy and be throrough with the facts, how does something like this get missed? And why the bad attitude with no apology or pleasntries? Im sure Blohole could'nt care less that Sky Lees real name is indeed Lee but thanks anyway.

Only just started posting more on forums and already feel like stopping, does Rupert Murdoch give the customer service seminars himself? cos i feel like im about to be spat at by an angry aussie .............

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I know that the dates on that freeroll page arent up to date (the last 1 was listed as May "not months ago") and it seems to have been shut off from access from main site, but anyone searching google for new player freerolls are being lied too arent they?

And also just in a general rant sense can i say that the CONSTANT new player promos and freerolls may well bring more new players in but it also makes regulars think they are being mugged off by staying loyal to 1 poker site and you could easily lose more than you bring in, but i dont have a marketing or business degree so what do i know, all i know is i was sky poker 100% loyal for over 2 years, until sky made me see how much money i was missing out on
  • edited June 2013
    Hi,

Apologies if the tone of my response came across that way. My post was not meant to be rude in any way and i was only answering the question in hand.
    The page you have a link to is not linked to from anywhere on the site. This was part of the welcome bonus promotion that the business decided to no longer continue, and perhaps i should have made that clearer in my post.

You'll find that from my dealings with regular users of this forum that i'm very forthcoming in helping with any queries.

I can also be PM'd if somebody wishes to know further details etc..

Again - apologies if i came across in an abrupt or rude manner.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited June 2013
     Well, give him another chance I'd say,--- he looks like a very nice man ---- see that smile--- I'd buy a second hand car from this man --- if I did'nt already have one in the garden --- that I can't afford to fix because sky have failed to teach me how to play poker properly --- sort it out Sky!
  • edited June 2013
    I wouldn't recommend buying a car from me.. ;-)
  • edited June 2013
    I've got a car for sale. Wouldn't bother buying it though. Runs worse then evilpingu at spt Birmingham 
  • edited June 2013
    yeh --- on second thought, you do look like a bit of a boy racer ---- I expect you thrash 1st and 3rd gear, and strain the chassis and suspension components by hitting the kerb whilst doing a donut !
  • edited June 2013
    This is how i roll...

• edited June 2013
     Well that kind of behaviour belongs on the race track! --- and not on the public highway --- where old ladies and temporary surfaces are present!
  • edited June 2013
    OFF TOPIC ;) lol

trust oynutter to make things clearer, I just hadn't looked at the avatar to see the glorious smile

Fair enough Lee, I did find it to be a bit abrupt and the locking of the thread only serves to make ppl make a new thread if they have anything to add. But I take that it wasn't  meant and its all good in the sky hood.

Having no idea how websites work internally I thought it would be usefull to point out that was still viewable by anyone using google to find a poker site to play on so dunno if you can now get that removed as it may have just been an oversight, I did see that any new players signing up would be made aware of true current promotions but surely that's not ideal having something out of date accessible? anyways hope I at least helped.

I wont rant on about the change in these new player promotions all I will say is its less friendly for absolute newbies and seems more geared to more seasoned players with the deposit match (cant think of many brand new players putting in 500 quid). But I digress lol thanks Lee, this is now a thread you can close if you want :P
  • edited June 2013
    Oh I see you have added this to the page now

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NEW PLAYER FREEROLL HAS CEASED RUNNING***

So I guess I did help by pointing that out and my thank you is in the post :P
  • edited June 2013
    haha, yes you definitely helped. I did put the message on that page.
    We can get it removed completely but it may take a little longer.

I'll pass on your comments re. the welcome bonus

"All good in the Sky hood" - like it.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to RE Blohole thread titled New Player Freeroll:
    OK so I and alot of other ppl by the sounds of it are getting sick of the responses ppl get on these forums from the SKY TEAM.
    Probably just you and about 2-3% of regular forum users. Just sayin'.
    The sharp toned nature of these replies...
    Nope. :/
    ...and the fact the thread is then locked doesnt leave much for the thread starter to think other than FU il take my business elsewhere ESPECIALLY when its full of incorrect information
    For sure a valid point, and threads RE: 'Please update the site, because it's displaying a lot of incorrect information' would be absolutely fine.
    So why respond to that thread with  " Hi, No, the new player freeroll stopped a couple of months ago. Lee"
    Because every single day, SkyLee probably gets bombarded with tens if not hundreds of questions. Therefore, when lacking the time to spend his entire day dedicated to making each response personal, he's just trying to get the information across as quickly and concisely as he can. Just because he isn't surrounyding his post with <3's and "What a great question Janana, thank you for another contribution to the fourms", doesn't mean he's being rude, at all. He's simply replying to your question with a factual statement. If you look at it OBJECTIVELY, you'll see that there is no malicious intent whatsoever, and any offence taken is solely your own doing.
    WOW GREAT WORK THERE ......... way to keep the clientele happy and be throrough with the facts, how does something like this get missed? And why the bad attitude with no apology or pleasntries? Im sure Blohole could'nt care less that Sky Lees real name is indeed Lee but thanks anyway. Only just started posting more on forums and already feel like stopping, does Rupert Murdoch give the customer service seminars himself? cos i feel like im about to be spat at by an angry aussie .............
    Posted by Janana
    Passive-aggressive sarcasm probably isn't going to win over anyone ya know...
    He doesn't have to apologise, and imo, he shouldn't. SkyLee's job (at a rough guess) is to moderate here, not to fill your day with an extensive loving response to what was a very simple question, needing a very simple answer. What sort of reply were we expecting here? A hand written letter and a gift basket of freshly baked cookies with our name on it?
    IF he had come into the thread and simply said, "No. - SkyLee", I can see why maybe even then, you could feel a little rumbled. But the man's done his job, and given you a swift answer to your question. Do you really want to waste any more time on this topic? You wanted to know whether they do, and they don't. Simplez. SkyLee told you that, professionally too.

/thread