You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Speed Poker

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
What is everyones opinions on speed poker? I don't know if sky has it, i can't remember i haven't been on it for a while lol.

Anyone ever tried it though? I think it's a lot more fun that doing 4-5 tables at once, and the fact you can fold straightaway if you have a bad hand is brilliant, means you can do about 250 hands per hour on just the one table.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Speed Poker:
    What is everyones opinions on speed poker? I don't know if sky has it, i can't remember i haven't been on it for a while lol. Anyone ever tried it though? I think it's a lot more fun that doing 4-5 tables at once, and the fact you can fold straightaway if you have a bad hand is brilliant, means you can do about 250 hands per hour on just the one table.
    Posted by skeg01
    Games like rush and zoom and the like are not as great as they seem in my oppinion, certainly at the micro stakes. Sure you can play more hands per hour but that doesn't mean that your winrate will stay the same. What you will likely find is that your winrate drops significantly due to a number of factors. 1) You can't table select so you can't make sure you have fish/stations to your right and nits who only 3bet AA/KK to your left 2) All the fish can just keep fast folding all the junk that they would usually limp-call with so when you do go HU against a fish they have a tighter range 3) you don't get to see showdown unless you are playing the hand so you can't get as many notes.

Speed poker is good for a quick 15 min hit while The Missus has a shower or whatever when you don't have time for a propper session. But in general you will make more $$$ per hour on the standard tables unless you learn lots of very specific rush/zoom stratagies.