You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Birmingham

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
  Just  back home from SPT Birmingham, very tired and still slightly hung-over, my first SPT Event, I thought I would write a few quick lines to say thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome.
  When you see the presenters on the show saying what a great community spirit and how much fun is to be had at the Live SPT events you tend to take it with a pinch of salt, but having witnessed it first hand I have to confirm how true it is. so for anyone thinking of going in the future my message is don't hesitate.
  Once again thanks to all, too many names to mention and I would hate to miss anyone out ( you know who you are)for contributing in giving me a fantastic poker filled weekend, hope to see you all again soon.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Where is the next SPT? Will there be any in the North West?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham:
    Where is the next SPT? Will there be any in the North West?
    Posted by greggo1410
    as far as I know next SPT Event is at DTD Nottingham followed by one in Newcastle
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham : as far as I know next SPT Event is at DTD Nottingham followed by one in Newcastle
    Posted by longman912
    No plans of an SPT in Liverpool or Manchester then?
  • edited June 2013
    hey m8 nice meetin you over wkend i`m the same my 1st spt  and met so many nice people thinks thats me hooked, really want to get to the next spt.
  • edited June 2013
    liamboi11? Never heard of you...

Longman! Pleasure meeting you mate, hope to do it all again soon (but better!).
  • edited June 2013
    liamboi11? Never heard of you... Longman! Pleasure meeting you mate, hope to do it all again soon (but better!).
    Posted by bbMike

lol that was brilliant you,also have you recovered yet ?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham : lol that was brilliant you,also have you recovered yet ?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah getting there, missed my train but very impressed that the next one (back to London on Virgin trains) was just 20mins later. The Mrs not impressed when I got home and went to bed, nor when I later said I'd be trying for Nottingham next month!

Got back on the horse tonight with a small rebuy, got on FT then disconnected and watched in the lobby me being blinded away for 4th. Horrorshow!

Great to meet you Liam, I thought your enthusiasm nicely balanced my natural gloomy disposition!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Birmingham : Yeah getting there, missed my train but very impressed that the next one (back to London on Virgin trains) was just 20mins later. The Mrs not impressed when I got home and went to bed, nor when I later said I'd be trying for Nottingham next month! Got back on the horse tonight with a small rebuy, got on FT then disconnected and watched in the lobby me being blinded away for 4th. Horrorshow! Great to meet you Liam, I thought your enthusiasm nicely balanced my natural gloomy disposition!
    Posted by bbMike
    yeah great meeting you also m8 I had a great laugh with yourself and so many other people I will defo be trying to qualify for the next spt, hopefully i can stay sober and maybe win some moniez next time lol.

did you see the photo on fb of me lol?
  • edited June 2013
    I think I was on your opening table and bust you when you had AK and 4bb and I called blind from the BB and managed to bink on the river with the mighty 42o!

Glad you enjoyed it and hope you can make it to SPT 6max in Nottingham
  • edited June 2013
    yes ryan thanks for the reminder, knew I was being called in that spot even if you had seen the 2,4 off( stack sizes)
    what did you think to my general play? I was kicking myself afterwards for not playing my normal game, I felt I played far, far to passive not button raising nearly enough. I was a bit intimidated having you in big blind when I had button. still I learned from it. (next time mate) lol
    good luck in Vegas, bring back a braclet. 
  • edited June 2013
    Brilliant weekend, cant wait for repeat (better results would be nice but not essential)
  • edited June 2013
    Brilliant weekend, cant wait for repeat (better results would be nice but not essential)
    Posted by longman912
    you done ok on the sng`s plus u got a drink when you bubbled one(sorry lol) it was good meeting you m8 and yeah i`m looking forward to next with maybe with some better success but I was there just to have a good time and I did so no complaints.