You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker ipad app

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi 

I wondered if there is anyway to play sky poker off an iPad

Many thanks

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker ipad app:
    Hi  I wondered if there is anyway to play sky poker off an iPad Many thanks
    Posted by Tahtrizzle
    I'm not a techie person - but I play poker on my ipad :)

I found an app called "iswifter" which works like another browser.  Think it's approx 69p to buy.  You go into iswifter browser to access the Sky Poker website - and that's it!  Only problem I find with it is that it's difficult to play more than 1 table as each table opens in a separate tab rather than different windows.  (It works for any games that require Flash player)

Worth a try - gl
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker ipad app:
    In Response to Sky Poker ipad app : I'm not a techie person - but I play poker on my ipad :) I found an app called "iswifter" which works like another browser.  Think it's approx 69p to buy.  You go into iswifter browser to access the Sky Poker website - and that's it!  Only problem I find with it is that it's difficult to play more than 1 table as each table opens in a separate tab rather than different windows.  (It works for any games that require Flash player) Worth a try - gl
    Posted by IrishRose
    Thank you

will give it a try.
  • edited June 2013
    I just tried this app, this is exactly what I have been looking for. The app is free and you get 10 mins a day for 7 days as a trial run. It's actually £5.49 to purchase, but seems worth it. I played a 30p DYM to test it out and it worked fine.
    I tried it on a iPad 1 which isn't the fastest pad in the world, but seemed to run really well. What version of iPad have you been playing Sky Poker on? As I assume the faster the pad the smoother the experience of this app?

• edited June 2013
    I just tried this app, this is exactly what I have been looking for. The app is free and you get 10 mins a day for 7 days as a trial run. It's actually £5.49 to purchase, but seems worth it. I played a 30p DYM to test it out and it worked fine. I tried it on a iPad 1 which isn't the fastest pad in the world, but seemed to run really well. What version of iPad have you been playing Sky Poker on? As I assume the faster the pad the smoother the experience of this app?
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Could you get a screenshot of it running?

When I put the app on my iPad (the free version) it looked really blocky and not as clear as you would see web pages on Safari
  • edited June 2013
    Not sure how but I have seen people running sky poker on an ipad, as far as I know they just have an app to make flash work. Daveyzz may be able to help as he plays on ipad for certain.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah I should be able to tomorrow as my 10 mins expired today. I didn't purchase it after such a short demo, we have an iPad Mini which I want to try it on as well as I believe that is much more powerful than an iPad 1.

I didn't experience the problems you stated at all, could be your internet wasn't as fast at that time I don't know? All I would say it loads the website/table in a very weird way, it's hard to describe, it sort of fades the page onto the screen over a few seconds, but once the site/table is there, then there is no problems at all that I could see. 

Anyone else playing Sky Poker on an iPad?

• edited June 2013
    Yeah I should be able to tomorrow as my 10 mins expired today. I didn't purchase it after such a short demo, we have an iPad Mini which I want to try it on as well as I believe that is much more powerful than an iPad 1. I didn't experience the problems you stated at all, could be your internet wasn't as fast at that time I don't know? All I would say it loads the website/table in a very weird way, it's hard to describe, it sort of fades the page onto the screen over a few seconds, but once the site/table is there, then there is no problems at all that I could see.  Anyone else playing Sky Poker on an iPad?
    Posted by thefa1lacy

see my above post
  • edited June 2013
    Here is a screen grab of my Ipad2 when I've been playing Sky poker via the iswifter app - As I said it's not very good for playing multi tables as they all open as different tabs across top of screen rather than new windows - but it's fine for if you're just playing 1 or 2 games whilst sitting on sofa lol.

• edited June 2013
    Here is a screen grab of my Ipad2 when I've been playing Sky poker via the iswifter app - As I said it's not very good for playing multi tables as they all open as different tabs across top of screen rather than new windows - but it's fine for if you're just playing 1 or 2 games whilst sitting on sofa lol.
    Posted by IrishRose
    I got the app now. Its quite cool. Does the job!

Quickly. Are you multi-tabling on the pic you have up? If so, does it tell you when your next to act or do you need to be on the ball (thats if your multi-tabling)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker ipad app : I got the app now. Its quite cool. Does the job! Quickly. Are you multi-tabling on the pic you have up? If so, does it tell you when your next to act or do you need to be on the ball (thats if your multi-tabling)
    Posted by Tahtrizzle
    I usually flick between the tabs so don't really give it a chance to tell me lol.  I can't remember it ever flashing up "my turn" but then again I didn't have tiles clicked. 

So basically I'm worse than useless at answering this one as I don't know the answer lol.

PS If you find it works please let me know!!