You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Always on the look out...................

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi folks

Well after a bit of a break from poker, i've come back recently to play DTD and some cheap deepstacks to see whether i'd 're-enjoy' the game. I'm enjoying it in a light-hearted way as there isn't much of a financial outlay. I don't play cash at all and i'm looking at MTT's really. Though low buy-ins do get some 'extreme' play shall we say, i find it enjoyable as long as i don't get tilted over it. I've been holding my own in them though last night for instance i went from top 3/25 (11 paid) to out in the space of 5 hands where i questioned certain decisions i made post but concluded AKs < QQ (low eff st) and KK<AA (very small rer of my r was a worry tbh) were just coolers and couldnt be avoided imo. Probably out hand was a bit of an error but with a pr and oesd with 10bb on turn my ai had feq (he had overpr and had bet small in similar pots but folded to raises prev) and outs i'm not not unduly cheesed really. It happens and reviewing the hands i can see that my play/analysis has improved though not necessarily roi.
I'd like to improve my play further by taking in others observations/tips etc and build up knowledge particularly middle and end games strategies.

I was just wondering if anyone has come across any really good articles, books, videos or even courses on low buy-in MTTs. There is an MTT course you can go on monthly. Any one tried it and what did they think? GaryQQQ rec'd it so can't be bad.Must admit i'm a bit of a bookbot really and i do like my shove/call lists etc and the maths behind it. :-) as ex maths teacher. We can never stop learning and the 'experience provides it' approach does not fully wash with me, i'm afraid. Instinct is not my bag really...maybe in time eh? Cheers for reading and any advice proffered!!!

PS I was wondering if others when they were in my shoes hit a point where larger buy-in MTT's were the natural progression so SATS play articles should be added to this list i feel