You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Online and seated

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon all

On the home page it says online 1200 seated 587 and i was thinking this is very low for an online poker site does anyone agree?.

I wonder why its low because i think the site is fun,Fair and in english pound notes so why the low players?.I do wish they would do better structured tournaments ie like 10k chips 20 min clock buy in about 10.00 rather than 200.00..

I love sky poker but on the other sites i use they all have wsop packages or fantastic sats into big big torns.

Would sky benefit doing this or have they tried in the past.

The channel which shows some of our hands is fantastic and so are the sky live events so what do you think would be the best way to get knew customers to this fun site.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I always thought skys should have a 2 day tourney with long structure and bigger buy in fee, something abit different would make a change.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Online and seated:
    I always thought skys should have a 2 day tourney with long structure and bigger buy in fee, something abit different would make a change.
    Posted by robbie1992
    They do in the spt final i think,I may be wrong.
  • edited June 2013
    a good few SPT's are 2 day

Sky is in £'s because thats what 99% of its player base wants

I mentioned tournys to Adam at the SPT doesnt look like much will change altho i wanted more turbos. Each to their own i suppose

Edit: also today at this time alot of people are working, others are too hungover from the SPT to do anything 
  • edited June 2013
    a good few SPT's are 2 day Sky is in £'s because thats what 99% of its player base wants I mentioned tournys to Adam at the SPT doesnt look like much will change altho i wanted more turbos. Each to their own i suppose Edit: also today at this time alot of people are working, others are too hungover from the SPT to do anything 
    Posted by The_Don90
    That makes sense then lol.Did you have a good weekend
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Online and seated : That makes sense then lol.Did you have a good weekend
    Posted by est1967
    yeah it was good :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Online and seated:
    Good afternoon all On the home page it says online 1200 seated 587 and i was thinking this is very low for an online poker site does anyone agree?. I wonder why its low because i think the site is fun,Fair and in english pound notes so why the low players?.I do wish they would do better structured tournaments ie like 10k chips 20 min clock buy in about 10.00 rather than 200.00.. I love sky poker but on the other sites i use they all have wsop packages or fantastic sats into big big torns. Would sky benefit doing this or have they tried in the past. The channel which shows some of our hands is fantastic and so are the sky live events so what do you think would be the best way to get knew customers to this fun site.
    Posted by est1967
    i think sky could be a huge site if they chose to be, the softwares awful but its due to change soon, better selection of tournaments is needed with 9 max games also thrown in there, antes should be brought in, i would make sky a european site and not just a uk site, all these things would boost the sites numbers bigtime but thats just my opinion, i have no clue on how a poker site is run and what it takes. i still love sky though so they will always have my custom!!!
  • edited June 2013
    I agree with you rock btw nice comeback to take the win lastnight.

Guess the only way theyll get the bigger touraments is if they market the site overseas and include countries outside the UK or they just wont get the numbers for the big mtt"s to be a success.
    Im not really into long structured mtt if im honest but if the prizepool was of some big amount much than what they have now then yes id be more inclined to play it but for now i wouldnt go anywhere else.
  • edited June 2013

You can play on Sky in many European countries. Don't ask me which ones but the information is out there.

As regards the suggestion for longer blind levels with very deep stacks, what makes you think that would be a good structure?

Two day tournaments would be unrealistic for Sky with fields below 1,000 players. There just wouldn't be enough money up top to make it worth people's time. Besides that, the stacks would have to be so deep or the blind levels so long that the first few levels would be extremely tedious. Who wants that?

• edited June 2013
    You can play on Sky in many European countries. Don't ask me which ones but the information is out there. As regards the suggestion for longer blind levels with very deep stacks, what makes you think that would be a good structure? Two day tournaments would be unrealistic for Sky with fields below 1,000 players. There just wouldn't be enough money up top to make it worth people's time. Besides that, the stacks would have to be so deep or the blind levels so long that the first few levels would be extremely tedious. Who wants that?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    United KingdomIrelandBulgariaFinlandGibraltarGuernseyJersey
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Online and seated:
    Good afternoon all On the home page it says online 1200 seated 587 and i was thinking this is very low for an online poker site does anyone agree?. I wonder why its low because i think the site is fun,Fair and in english pound notes so why the low players?.I do wish they would do better structured tournaments ie like 10k chips 20 min clock buy in about 10.00 rather than 200.00.. I love sky poker but on the other sites i use they all have wsop packages or fantastic sats into big big torns. Would sky benefit doing this or have they tried in the past. The channel which shows some of our hands is fantastic and so are the sky live events so what do you think would be the best way to get knew customers to this fun site.
    Posted by est1967
    Good  job there are many folk like you!...Online poker thives on such devotion!
  • edited June 2013
    You can play on Sky in many European countries. Don't ask me which ones but the information is out there. As regards the suggestion for longer blind levels with very deep stacks, what makes you think that would be a good structure? Two day tournaments would be unrealistic for Sky with fields below 1,000 players. There just wouldn't be enough money up top to make it worth people's time. Besides that, the stacks would have to be so deep or the blind levels so long that the first few levels would be extremely tedious. Who wants that?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    its only open to very few and the ones that its open to are probably not very wealthy countrys. 
  • edited June 2013
    I agree with you rock btw nice comeback to take the win lastnight. Guess the only way theyll get the bigger touraments is if they market the site overseas and include countries outside the UK or they just wont get the numbers for the big mtt"s to be a success. Im not really into long structured mtt if im honest but if the prizepool was of some big amount much than what they have now then yes id be more inclined to play it but for now i wouldnt go anywhere else.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    cheers
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Online and seated : i think sky could be a huge site if they chose to be, the softwares awful but its due to change soon, better selection of tournaments is needed with 9 max games also thrown in there, antes should be brought in, i would make sky a european site and not just a uk site, all these things would boost the sites numbers bigtime but thats just my opinion, i have no clue on how a poker site is run and what it takes. i still love sky though so they will always have my custom!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I've heard this said by a couple of people but don't understand why. What the pro's for introducing antes just curious? 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Online and seated : I've heard this said by a couple of people but don't understand why. What the pro's for introducing antes just curious? 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    i dont have a paticularly strong view on them being brought in on sky mainly because its 6 max but antes are just a part of poker, its only sky who dosent have them, create more action i would think is the biggest plus but like i say im not really fussed but alot are!!!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Online and seated : I've heard this said by a couple of people but don't understand why. What the pro's for introducing antes just curious? 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Its supposed to force people to play, because u have chips in every hand it takes less time to blind down thus you have to get them in
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Online and seated : Its supposed to force people to play, because u have chips in every hand it takes less time to blind down thus you have to get them in
    Posted by The_Don90
    and  make people actually play a 10bb stack correctly, lol