You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Banter in the chatbox..

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
If you are on a table with one a two people who are being vocal in the chatbox after a bad beat etc, would it be classed as against the spirit of the game to just wind them up more, if you believe it is really tilting them and affecting there play, not suggesting swearing, or name calling etc, but just a gentle dig when they next lose a pot. I have found you can massively increase your edge in doing so. I dont get tilted really as i only play for fun, but sometimes i do enjoy winding people up especially if they are one of them people who just bombard the chatbox with insults. Anyone else do this?? or have an opinion on those who do?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I have an opinion on people who say "I don't get tilted..."

I think what they mean is that they don't usually get angry. Emotions affect everyone's play. I suffer from relentless pessimism, personally. lol
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Banter in the chatbox..:
    I have an opinion on people who say "I don't get tilted..." I think what they mean is that they don't usually get angry. Emotions affect everyone's play. I suffer from relentless pessimism, personally. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Absolutley! Anything that rocks their concentration,  So many sites switch the chat off when an allin get thumped in! The very time you need to ruffle feathers!
  • edited June 2013
    I always think just completely ignoring people who give you hassle is best, i figure it probably annoys them more than getting into a bit of a slanging match. I only play low stakes and have been playing less than 2 years but find some of the abuse too much sometimes in the hold'em games so i started playing Omaha instead as the banter is much more friendly.
  • edited June 2013
    who really cares if its against the spirit of the game, bottom line is whether people like to admit it or not the reason were all playing is to try and make money so if that gives you an edge on certain players then exploit it, i dont buy the whole i play for the love of the game cos its b.s.
  • edited June 2013
    Wonder if Tony G plays online?
  • edited June 2013
    We all play the game our own way and if you feel you can gain an edge by winding people up then good luck to you. I don't do it myself and if someone tries it on me I just switch off the chat box.  I believe in keeping the game friendly, there's enough animosity and ill-feeling in life without  adding to it in what should be an enjoyable game.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Banter in the chatbox..:
    Wonder if Tony G plays online?
    Posted by VespaPX
    yeah he does, very underrated player tony g, gives poker a bad name at times but i think hes funny as xxxx
  • edited June 2013

I love being overly nice to people who have a go at my game.
     This tends to wind them up even more.

Or I love to type 'IDIOT' in chat box.
     When they respond to this I just apologise and explain I thought I was typing in my notes for that player.
  • edited June 2013
    i seem to have notes on you doing the same -said to me. maybe you should play bingo or trol more forums to get ur kicks ?.. 
  • edited June 2013
    It's the people who type zzzzzzzzzz in the chat box that amuse me, makes me want to dwell some more
  • edited June 2013
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz