You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£300 bankroll to zero!!! do i?

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
deposit more and try again or try my luck elsewhere?
ive won 3 tourneys £250b/h £100 deep stack and a £50 gtd and hit the money a few times but that was a few months ago since then zilch... my full house get beat by better full house , runs get beat by higher runs, flush gets beat by higher holding card, bigger stack always beats me on all in despite being ahead, never hit a gut shot but always lose out to them, hit a stonker but noone else hits anything to be intrested. other way round i always hit something to keep me intrested but lose out, have i hit a bad run? or???? at my wits end now because i like the 6 people table format on sky and the layout then other sites ive tried before comeing here, but after reading a few poker player review sights im beging to wonder if its true . and finally will this post be hidden away ??? but most of all good luck to everyone playing, poker is still a great game.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Not hidden but just another I have lost it must be rigged post. 

vul and if you think your luck will improve going elsewhere fine

but if you like the format here it's up to you

bleating about it probably doesn't help though
  • edited June 2013
    If your having a hard time on sky your not going to fair better anywhere else, this is by far one of the softest sites play wise.
  • edited June 2013
    People often don't bother to even attempt to read walls of text. Even more so when its just another run of the mill 'its rigged, my hands are getting beat' thread.

Regarding 'review' sites. I find that the only people who tend to write bad reviews about skypoker are the ones who cannot take losing, simply don't understand the variance factor in poker as when they win they think its because they played well and when they lose its rigged.

• edited June 2013
    Defo one of the softest sites, withdrawals take like only 2 days for me, 6max, in £ so no scam conversion rates (888poker), mtts don't take 10 hours to complete - few of the advantages to this site.
  • edited June 2013
    Were have I stated its rigged was asking question that's all if I thought it was rigged I would of withdrawn months ago just stating facts from my play that's all and my post was hidden from view had to moan at sky poker on Twitter so that's one thing I'm right on can you answe other questions for me ? As I'm still debateing wether to deposit and try again tryed other sites 9 ppl table format dosent appeal to me need to hit full house on them really were as sky anything can win
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Screwey27
    A lot depends on the levels we are playing at, how good our bankroll management is and also importantly, how good our skill level is.

Firstly we need to apply strict bankroll management & learn to beat a level we are comfortable with. Sometimes we have to mix the type of game we play........for instance a lot of players will play sit&goes or cash to fund their MTTs (Multi Table Tournament)

Multi Table Tournament have the highest variance and if this is the only format of the game we play, then we have to play with a bankroll that is capable of absorbing the downswings.

Recreational players tend not to use bankroll management and just deposit what they can afford and when they can afford it - I class myself as a recreational player, however, I do use a loose form of bankroll management which helps reduce the amount of times I deposit throughout a year.

We also have to remember that there are very few poker players who consistently make a profit, especially in low stake MTT's so we would be very fortunate to be one of those who do. But to increase our chances & reduce our risks, we need to learn a whole lot more than just how to play poker.  

There is a great article & video on Bankroll Management at pokerology.com (Please see link below)

Bank Roll Management:http://www.pokerology.com/lessons/bankroll-management/

Message to Moderators about the external link......

I have checked the link above, the site does not contain adverts or affiliates to other poker sites.

Here is their statement...........

Advertisers

The Pokerology.com website is free from adverts and affiliations. This site was built because of our love for the game of poker, not as a way to make money. Integrity is very important to us and we do not rely on advertising, which is why we turn down such requests. That said, we are not against teaming up with commercial partners and are open to any suggestions, provided it can help us improve our website and is in the best interests of our members.

So hopefully the link can stay

There are many other articles & videos poker lessons etc which a lot of other players will find very interesting & useful too.

Best of Luck
    Pokertrev

• edited June 2013
    Hi trev I mainly play deep stack 250/500 BH and 2/3$ dyms I'm a recreational player play on my 4 nights off like to try and breakeven or just under each month if I profit that's a bonus . Use to play on another leading bookmaker site but 9 players table format I didn't like were as sky is easier going . I know how to play poker and also watch sky poker tv to try better my game .I've let people limp in and been beaten and I've also limped in and won .but like I say nothin for 2months ak been dealt at least 100 times not hit once never hit a gut shot once yet seen them hit and see them hit all time on tv .but I don't bother going for them now same as when higher chip stack goes all in il fold even if its aa ..poker is a great game and you take rough with smooth but at end of day were all only as good as the cards we hold and a bluff here an there .maybe I'm not enjoying the game at mo will try a BH later see how I go n then maybe take a month or 2 off blow the dust of Xbox 
  • edited June 2013

Not hit AK once in 100 times - Find this hard to believe.
     You fold AA when up against a bigger stack - And you say I know how to play poker.
  • edited June 2013
    Its true I avent hit with ak once last 2 months ..I'd call with aa or all in with same size or smaller pots but if a larger pot calls all in il fold them if you play a lot you will know aa wins 2 times out of 10 its a killer hand on here , 99 88 77 seem to hit more ,wouldn't fold in live poker but you do get to learn how software works 
  • edited June 2013

This thread is becoming ridiculous.
     Sky make money from the rake, it makes no odds to them who wins, so why would they mess with the RNG.
     If you really believe what you're saying, which you seem to, why are you still playing on here.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £300 bankroll to zero!!! do i?:
       This thread is becoming ridiculous.  Sky make money from the rake, it makes no odds to them who wins, so why would they mess with the RNG.  If you really believe what you're saying, which you seem to, why are you still playing on here.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    were have i said they mess with RNG??? im just saying i avent hit with them theres a diffrence isnt they ?
    AA KK QQ JJ dosent win on here all the time wouldnt you say ? same as AK 10J QK  any cards hit am i correct so far? il ask you a question your in a mtt blinds are 10/20 you got AA what you do? limp? min raise? all in? now blinds are 300/600 what you do? now there 1000/2000 and say youve limped or raised pre flop and youve been called  flop comes 10 K J or 5 2 3 and the other guy goes all in 50k your stack is 15k what you do then?
  • edited June 2013
       This thread is becoming ridiculous.  Sky make money from the rake, it makes no odds to them who wins, so why would they mess with the RNG.  If you really believe what you're saying, which you seem to, why are you still playing on here.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    The bloke is stating weather to stay here or not ...Oh and as for rake...juicing the cards encourages betting ..so increases the rake...get real!
    Online poker is FLAWED right from the start so...learn about how it all works!
    Its the inverted pyrimid syndrome...the  money jingles down to the point ...at which only one winner SKY!
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Screwey27 A lot depends on the levels we are playing at, how good our bankroll management is and also importantly, how good our skill level is. Firstly we need to apply strict bankroll management & learn to beat a level we are comfortable with. Sometimes we have to mix the type of game we play........for instance a lot of players will play sit&goes or cash to fund their MTTs (Multi Table Tournament) Multi Table Tournament have the highest variance and if this is the only format of the game we play, then we have to play with a bankroll that is capable of absorbing the downswings. Recreational players tend not to use bankroll management and just deposit what they can afford and when they can afford it - I class myself as a recreational player, however, I do use a loose form of bankroll management which helps reduce the amount of times I deposit throughout a year. We also have to remember that there are very few poker players who consistently make a profit, especially in low stake MTT's so we would be very fortunate to be one of those who do. But to increase our chances & reduce our risks, we need to learn a whole lot more than just how to play poker.   There is a great article & video on Bankroll Management at pokerology.com (Please see link below) Bank Roll Management: http://www.pokerology.com/lessons/bankroll-management/ Message to Moderators about the external link...... I have checked the link above, the site does not contain adverts or affiliates to other poker sites. Here is their statement........... Advertisers The Pokerology.com website is free from adverts and affiliations. This site was built because of our love for the game of poker, not as a way to make money. Integrity is very important to us and we do not rely on advertising, which is why we turn down such requests. That said, we are not against teaming up with commercial partners and are open to any suggestions, provided it can help us improve our website  and  is in the best interests of our members. So hopefully the link can stay There are many other articles & videos poker lessons etc which a lot of other players will find very interesting & useful too. Best of Luck Pokertrev
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hmmm...Treating the bloke like a thick 10 yr old trev! Paitronising post!
  • edited June 2013
    Its true I avent hit with ak once last 2 months ..I'd call with aa or all in with same size or smaller pots but if a larger pot calls all in il fold them if you play a lot you will know aa wins 2 times out of 10 its a killer hand on here , 99 88 77 seem to hit more ,wouldn't fold in live poker but you do get to learn how software works 
    Posted by screwy27
    Chap, very few know how it works...The poker sites dont want us to know how it works...you wont know how it works...I know how it works!

If i tell you ...then you are as wise as me...and i cant have that can I...
  • edited June 2013
    hi screwy ive played on sky since 2009 i mainly did mtts so cash tbles now and again when i first played yes was a buz wen you win a game mtt then you get hooked more lol but there very hard too win i had some big  wins  but very little too the time ive played i did play 7 nights a week and tried sats in the day but that didnt work out for me then i lost money as when this happens you dont like poker so much and try too win it  back ie then lose more chasing  a winner in the end i took a step back coz i didnt enjoy it  that much and took some  time out  and only played if i was in the right frame of mind and for fun  i made some mates chat too them watch them play this site for me isnt just about poker for me now 

poker is a hard game even if your wining some times there are lots of people you can ask advice some coments you might not like plenty of good players will help if you ask  there are as you know plenty smaller mtts  cheap and good too start at bad beats go with any  site if you cant get your head round it you will sink ive seen it  a lot i went back too basic abc poker last 2 years play when i want too  and now my poker is  fun for me yes i also mix it up too i dont really play big games unless i get into them through a satilite

best of lucky m8 at the tables coz your time will come when you make some money
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £300 bankroll to zero!!! do i? : Hmmm...Treating the bloke like a thick 10 yr old trev! Paitronising post!
    Posted by Frank53
    totally out of order Frank

the op has stated he has lost his £300 bankroll - so trev has provided tips for how to go about keeping it next time - hardly patronising - and if it seems so simple to you - great - but simple things like brm can be very difficult to master

meanwhile as for having AA cracked - well I was doing well in the main tonight - on course maybe for a jackpot (5/617 in the mini) when I got AA, ended up allin on the flop only for the big stack to hit his two pairs on turn & river - #sigh.

yes it does happen quite frequently, but when i think about it it seems to happen to me as frequently as i do it to others - fair's fair after all
  • edited June 2013
    Ridiculous thread 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £300 bankroll to zero!!! do i? : totally out of order Frank the op has stated he has lost his £300 bankroll - so trev has provided tips for how to go about keeping it next time - hardly patronising - and if it seems so simple to you - great - but simple things like brm can be very difficult to master meanwhile as for having AA cracked - well I was doing well in the main tonight - on course maybe for a jackpot (5/617 in the mini) when I got AA, ended up allin on the flop only for the big stack to hit his two pairs on turn & river - #sigh. yes it does happen quite frequently, but when i think about it it seems to happen to me as frequently as i do it to others - fair's fair after all
    Posted by GELDY
    Oh sorry about that...only the bloke is to thick to  realise the obvious then...Trevs post came over as tho screwy was to dim to work it out eh...I would feel a little insulted myself!
  • edited June 2013
    thanks guys for all you response im going to take a break for a while had a go on 11 30 pm £700 B/H was doin ok 6th place for a while got Q6 diamonds blinds 300/600 flop comes A Kd 7d 2 ppl call 1200 i call turn comes 10c both raise 3200 to big 4 me fold river comes Ad both go all in they had 2 pairs lol would of trebled up 30k and 1st place went down hill went out on 2 pairs 8n5 to higher kicker in end

geldy i know how you feel AA  wins sometimes other times it kills our stack

and im not dim just had a bad 2 months been doing ok on dyms win 4 out 5 i enter on them but mtts eat my bank roll again

and if you got it cracked frank you should be takeing down every tourney going !!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Some of the comments on this thread make it a candidate for comedy thread of the year.
  • edited June 2013
    Some of the comments on this thread make it a candidate for comedy thread of the year.
    Posted by FlyingDagg[/QUOTE

will i win something for that?lol
  • edited June 2013
    thanks guys for all you response im going to take a break for a while had a go on 11 30 pm £700 B/H was doin ok 6th place for a while got Q6 diamonds blinds 300/600 flop comes A Kd 7d 2 ppl call 1200 i call turn comes 10c both raise 3200 to big 4 me fold river comes Ad both go all in they had 2 pairs lol would of trebled up 30k and 1st place went down hill went out on 2 pairs 8n5 to higher kicker in end geldy i know how you feel AA  wins sometimes other times it kills our stack and im not dim just had a bad 2 months been doing ok on dyms win 4 out 5 i enter on them but mtts eat my bank roll again and if you got it cracked frank you should be takeing down every tourney going !!!!
    Posted by screwy27
    Lol...the whole point when i say i know how it works means that i WONT win...so knowing how it works means that i know i have very little chance of winning chap....
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £300 bankroll to zero!!! do i? : Lol...the whole point when i say i know how it works means that i WONT win...so knowing how it works means that i know i have very little chance of winning chap....
    Posted by Frank53
    ah right get you now ..end of day its just luck isnt it, just going to use my poker points and play freerolls for time being that way im not loseing anything see how they go
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £300 bankroll to zero!!! do i? : ah right get you now ..end of day its just luck isnt it, just going to use my poker points and play freerolls for time being that way im not loseing anything see how they go
    Posted by screwy27
    Yes...gl... I think  trevor was more worried of you leaving sky and dumping some cash on onother site! he would much rather you stayed here and reloaded!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: £300 bankroll to zero!!! do i? : Yes...gl... I think  trevor was more worried of you leaving sky and dumping some cash on onother site! he would much rather you stayed here and reloaded!
    Posted by Frank53
    haha wont be reloading yet, can play about 50 freerolls should keep me busy and try diffrent strategy maybe try my hand at freerolling into a big tourney you never know