You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

table etiquette

2»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette:
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : Don't see how it would matter to be honest. Imo if someone tells you what they have, I'd just ignore it and play the hand as if they hadn't said anything. If you're stacking off cos you believed them or because you didn't despite what you'd have normally done if they hadn't said anything, then you've done exactly what they were aiming to get you to do.
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah,i know,but dont you think its bad,i think its bad,you,re experienced so am i so it doesn't bother people like us but put yourself in the boots of an inexperienced player,must be pretty tilting
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : yeah,i know,but dont you think its bad,i think its bad,you,re experienced so am i so it doesn't bother people like us but put yourself in the boots of an inexperienced player,must be pretty tilting
    Posted by stokefc
    worst bit about it is that collusion would be ridiculously easy. I mean they could actually shout out their hands to eachother lol
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : you do know how ridiculous that sounds right?!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I am ridiculous...we have 1 thing in common! ha!
  • edited June 2013
    Frank53 It's probably wrong of me to form an opinion of someone from a few posts but in your case I'll make an exception. Unfortunately if I repeated it on here I'd probably get a forum ban.
  • edited June 2013
    Frank53 It's probably wrong of me to form an opinion of someone from a few posts but in your case I'll make an exception. Unfortunately if I repeated it on here I'd probably get a forum ban.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    a bit harsh Dagg

think the mods will be a little more understanding in this case

anyways he needs to get back to school soon, i mean
    "Enter any tournament with 600- 700 runner...my odds of winning are 600-700/1...Would you back a horse with those odds!"

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : Yes ya right...im thinking of dpositing...got to wait till the wifes out the way!!! As for  being on sky poker! look at the benifits... Massive amount of totally free info...stratergies...tactics...ect... On the other hand, ive been playing live poker for 40 yrs...and onlin poker for about 12...My problem is...i know far to much about how electronic or poker softwhare works! Funny how ive never made money on online poker sites...WHY? Am i a bad player or do i suffer like most of you in that most are losers...For every winner ...there are 1000 losers...Fact! Enter any tournament with 600- 700 runner...my odds of winning are 600-700/1...Would you back a horse with those odds! I doubt that! However will put a few quid on soon ...hope to see you at the tables chap!
    Posted by Frank53
    You obviously dont trust your ability. Out of 600/700 runners there will be a lot of bad players and if you believe in your ability you will be better than a lot of the remainder. Especially given your 40 YEARS of experiance. Given this and the fact that poker is very often about probability and fact, why would you not take on those odds, unless of course you dont feel you are a very good player in which case you are as you say, best to not play them!! And before you ask, I would back a horse at 700-1 in a 700 race if half of the donkeys were going to fall and my horse was a lot better than the rest.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : a bit harsh Dagg think the mods will be a little more understanding in this case anyways he needs to get back to school soon, i mean " Enter any tournament with 600- 700 runner...my odds of winning are 600-700/1...Would you back a horse with those odds!"
    Posted by GELDY
    LOL so subtle it nearly passed me by.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : You obviously dont trust your ability. Out of 600/700 runners there will be a lot of bad players and if you believe in your ability you will be better than a lot of the remainder. Especially given your 40 YEARS of experiance. Given this and the fact that poker is very often about probability and fact, why would you not take on those odds, unless of course you dont feel you are a very good player in which case you are as you say, best to not play them!! And before you ask, I would back a horse at 700-1 in a 700 race if half of the donkeys were going to fall and my horse was a lot better than the rest.
    Posted by pacman599
    Or...I  dont trust the softwhare, i may come over as a bit of "The big ! am" but far from it, im a quite private bloke!
    I still think at odds of 700/1 is a bit of a lottery...especially giving what ive seen on sky poker tv...mind blowing
    High skills  dont seem to count on electronic poker!
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    You would be wrong chap...would  bye u a beer anytime..and if you dont like beer, thats ok id drink it myself...Tata...lol
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : Don't see how it would matter to be honest. Imo if someone tells you what they have, I'd just ignore it and play the hand as if they hadn't said anything. If you're stacking off cos you believed them or because you didn't despite what you'd have normally done if they hadn't said anything, then you've done exactly what they were aiming to get you to do.
    Posted by Lambert180
    In answer to this and the quote in this thread

In my experiance alot of the time they're telling the truth and just want to get off to do a whatever else. Often they're telling the truth. If i call and they get there, then so be it, but i was given an opportunity to get it in ahead with free info and took it. So be it. 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : LOL so subtle it nearly passed me by.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I have a first class honours in Subtle, however when the opportunity calls for it........... cutting!!
  • edited June 2013

During the live Sky Poker Cash Game Sam Razavi announced on numerous occasions what hand he had.  Can't see a problem with it if you want to tell everyone.  Wether your telling the truth though, well that's up to your opponents to decide.

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : I have a first class honours in Subtle, however when the opportunity calls for it........... cutting!!
    Posted by pacman599
    BULLY FOR YOU...trouble is, your honor isnt 1st class! Oh, and ya not echo freindly...wasting ink and paper like this!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : BULLY FOR YOU...trouble is, your honor isnt 1st class! Oh, and ya not echo freindly...wasting ink and paper like this!
    Posted by Frank53
    "In the interest of the environment please do not print this post unless you really have to. Please think of the environment before using paper and ink"
  • edited June 2013
    During the live Sky Poker Cash Game Sam Razavi announced on numerous occasions what hand he had.  Can't see a problem with it if you want to tell everyone.  Wether your telling the truth though, well that's up to your opponents to decide.
    Posted by Sakugawa22

What about if there's 3 players involved when someone discloses their hand and the two players your in the hand with know eachother-would you not be concerned that they were colluding? Same situation but you know nothing about the other two-would you be concerned about collusion here?

If it was allowed to happen how much more difficult do you think it would be to spot collusion?

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: table etiquette : "In the interest of the environment please do not print this post unless you really have to. Please think of the environment before using paper and ink"
    Posted by pacman599
    Ha... Brill !!! Kept it short made me grin!
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by Lambert180
    I agree, but if the player who mouths off folds, saying he's just mucked the one card that makes your hand, would you carry on or fold?