You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flush over flush

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
I finished 7th yesterday in tournament with a 10 high heart flush after turn card,
i had 10h - 8c & flopped the straight 8-Q,
after being called on flop the turn produced yet another heart & the other player put me all in,
i thought what were the chances of him having a heart higher than my 10H considering there was already four hearts on the board,
the clock was put on me & last second i decided to call,
Dammm....he had the Ace hearts,
i was hoping he had trips at best, i then needed the river to give me a 7H or QH for straight flush run.
NOTE i have laid down a full house many a time when i knew i was behind, but this time the four hearts on the board made me think i must still be in the lead!
Should i have folded?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    None of the hearts is above yours, this sounds like a very very easy fold to me. 
  • edited June 2013
    DON90
    Yep maybe it seems as easy as that on a forum chatroom,
    But when i witnessed for 3-5hrs a player at it & i had already put him in place but he kept bouncing back with lucky back door straights & flushes against other players ( always behind when on they're backs ) but kept hitting , & knocking others out left, right & centre, there was that factor too.
    my timing unfortunately was out in this instance.
    Live & learn.....i played the player & not the table to a certain extent.
    Sounds like you always call it right....good luck to you.
  • edited June 2013
    You ask a question i gave an answer, if you dont like it dont ask. From what i understand you have Th 8x on a 4 heart board, i struggle to understand what your gripe is here, 3 cards in the deck beat you, he has no worse value hands, thus your beat or hes bluffing. Its ok to be bluffed off the winning hand you know. 

I don't always make the right desision infact far from it, i have alot of "WTF are you doing" hand ids jotted down for review./ 
  • edited June 2013
    gotta love this post, innocent question asking for feedback and as usual a reg comes on and feels the need to be over bearing and try to belittle someone, if it helps corlis with the way u was describing the said player and the way he was playing i would of called as well win or lose as u said  was playing the player.Very ul he had the nuts onwards and upwards.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush over flush:
    gotta love this post, innocent question asking for feedback and as usual a reg comes on and feels the need to be over bearing and try to belittle someone, if it helps corlis with the way u was describing the said player and the way he was playing i would of called as well win or lose as u said  was playing the player.Very ul he had the nuts onwards and upwards.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    How is any of what ive said belittling? He asked a question i gave an answer. Whats the problem? 
  • edited June 2013
    A bit harsh in your 2nd reply imo.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush over flush:
    A bit harsh in your 2nd reply imo.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    I wrote what i felt, certainly not to come out in a way to make the guy feel down. 

• edited June 2013
    His all in bet is very polarising, like the don said he either has the nuts or its a bluff, from what you said about the player i think alot of players would have called, but with four hearts on board lower than your ten it gives the chance of his possible hearts being higher than your ten.
  • edited June 2013
    Hard to say if it was wise to fold or call without a more complete hand history showing the board, stacks/blinds and chips invested. 

You should be looking to exploit weaker players but you shouldn't be looking to get revenge or "put them in place" as that will lead you to making marginal calls such as this. I am sure if you still had plenty of chips left you could have found much better spots playing straight forward abc against players like that.