You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just had the most frustrating session ever

Unbelievable lol, i must have been dealt about over 50 pocket pairs and i flopped a set 5 times in a row, and about 10 times in total, each and every time i bet and no-one comes along, so frustrating :( Same with my flopped flushes and straight aaaagh haha.

But to top it all off, one hand was the worst bad beat i've had in ages. I have AK, raise it to 15c, small blind shoves for around $1, i call. Flop comes K32. Brilliant flop, i think i've got the hand all wrapped up and then bam! runner runner 4 then 5 for a straight for him, less than 2% equity after that flop haha. Knew it was coming after the turn though, just gut instinct ;)

Oh well haha, that's poker for you i guess :P

Anyone else had such a frustrating session like that?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Just had the most frustrating session ever:
    Unbelievable lol, i must have been dealt about over 50 pocket pairs and i flopped a set 5 times in a row, and about 10 times in total, each and every time i bet and no-one comes along, so frustrating :( Same with my flopped flushes and straight aaaagh haha. But to top it all off, one hand was the worst bad beat i've had in ages. I have AK, raise it to 15c, small blind shoves for around $1, i call. Flop comes K32. Brilliant flop, i think i've got the hand all wrapped up and then bam! runner runner 4 then 5 for a straight for him, less than 2% equity after that flop haha. Knew it was coming after the turn though, just gut instinct ;) Oh well haha, that's poker for you i guess :P Anyone else had such a frustrating session like that?
    Posted by skeg01
    losing a $2.00 pot with AK , nope never had a session like that, id be livid!!! :-)
  • edited June 2013
    I once lost 4 (yes 4 ) 30p turbo DYM`s in a row, i was that miffed, that i launched the laptop across the room.

I mean, come on , 4 ffs. Instead of taklng the horrendous £1.20 loss on the chin, i had to fork out £299.99 for a new comp, ah well thats life.

I feel the pain for a $2 lost pot, dont think i`ve lost that much all in one go, you may require some kind of therapy after that.

Gl
  • edited June 2013
    become a pro imo
  • edited June 2013
    I'm obviously not bothered about losing £2 hahaha, it's just the fact i've never flopped sets, flushes and straights so often in one session and not been paid once.

I played the same amount of hands tonight and i didn't flop a set once, whereas last night i did 10+ times haha.

And percival, what is your problem? You're obviously taking the ****
  • edited June 2013
    50 Pocket pairs

In one night?

How come you play in $ not £
  • edited June 2013
    After flopping 9 sets and betting every one and not getting any action I might think about checking.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't post in BBV and expect not to be trolled
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Just had the most frustrating session ever:
    I'm obviously not bothered about losing £2 hahaha, it's just the fact i've never flopped sets, flushes and straights so often in one session and not been paid once. I played the same amount of hands tonight and i didn't flop a set once, whereas last night i did 10+ times haha. And percival, what is your problem? You're obviously taking the ****
    Posted by skeg01
    Trolls gunna troll
    Haters gunna hate
    Percivals gunna Perce

Whether he's just in what he does (lurking the forums preying on subjectively lol-able posts), I feel like a bit of intraspection wouldn't go a miss, sir.

Am I right in thinking you and I were involved in a thread in BBV a while back? Something to do with the RNG or something?

You're going to be an extremely miserable player if you post here when you lose, AND also when you win (however small they may be).

Have you lost 2/3 of your roll in a day, it singnifying your entire net worth? Could I go on to whine about how I've run worse than you?
    Maybe. But the answer is probably a no. Do you know why?
    Because losing 2/3 of your roll in 24hrs isn't just down to running bad. It's most likely me playing atrociously, and having shocking bankroll management to boot. It wasn't just lady luck that was pinning me down and ravaging my (albeit lovely lil') tushy, it was ultimately all my own doing.

I remember when all I had to my name was about £300, and it was all in my SkyPoker account, and yet again I'd just lost another buy-in at 100nl, QQ < KK pre.

*EVERY FFFF-IN TIME THEY FFFF-IN HAVE IT, ARE YOU FFF-IN SERIOUS, ARE YOU FFFF-IN SERIOUS??! WHAT THE FFFF IS GOING ON WITH THIS FFF-IN P.O.S. SITE?! I KEEP LOSING TO THESE MOTHERFFFF-IN MORONS AND I CAN'T FFF-IN TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!*

Distraught and emotionally exhausted doesn't even come close. But after a day or two off, I finally realised something that I would've never seen otherwise. I was playing bad. Really bad. And i'm just talking about my pre-flop play here. I was getting in particular hands for 100bigs without even thinking about it. Just Auto-pilotting because I thought it was standard from my days grinding 200nl on PokerStars. But in actuality, getting in QQ vs some people is shocking, because there are some insanely nitty players that just wait for Aces. I didn't even realise at the time and mistook QQ < KK as a cooler, because that's all I knew. But REALLY, truthfully, it wasn't run-bad at all (which wasn't anything new to me, figuring stuff like this out, realising I wasn't running that bad in certain spots), and it was something that resinated with me forever as the moment I turned my poker life around. That little tiny moment where I questioned my own play, my own ability, stopped me from going broke and a getting a job. It turned my life around forever.

Spend less time posting here looking for sympathy, and more time working on your game, and then maybe you'll feel less need to post in here. (for more than 1 reason)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Just had the most frustrating session ever : Trolls gunna troll Haters gunna hate Percivals gunna Perce Whether he's just in what he does (lurking the forums preying on subjectively lol-able posts), I feel like a bit of intraspection wouldn't go a miss, sir. Am I right in thinking you and I were involved in a thread in BBV a while back? Something to do with the RNG or something? You're going to be an extremely miserable player if you post here when you lose, AND also when you win (however small they may be). Have you lost 2/3 of your roll in a day, it singnifying your entire net worth? Could I go on to whine about how I've run worse than you? Maybe. But the answer is probably a no. Do you know why? Because losing 2/3 of your roll in 24hrs isn't just down to running bad. It's most likely me playing atrociously, and having shocking bankroll management to boot. It wasn't just lady luck that was pinning me down and ravaging my (albeit lovely lil') tushy, it was ultimately all my own doing. I remember when all I had to my name was about £300, and it was all in my SkyPoker account, and yet again I'd just lost another buy-in at 100nl, QQ < KK pre. *EVERY FFFF-IN TIME THEY FFFF-IN HAVE IT, ARE YOU FFF-IN SERIOUS, ARE YOU FFFF-IN SERIOUS??! WHAT THE FFFF IS GOING ON WITH THIS FFF-IN P.O.S. SITE?! I KEEP LOSING TO THESE MOTHERFFFF-IN MORONS AND I CAN'T FFF-IN TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!* Distraught and emotionally exhausted doesn't even come close. But after a day or two off, I finally realised something that I would've never seen otherwise. I was playing bad. Really bad. And i'm just talking about my pre-flop play here. I was getting in QQ and AK preflop for 100bigs without even thinking about it. Just Auto-pilotting because I thought it was standard from my days grinding 200nl on PokerStars. But in actuality, getting in QQ pre was shocking. People would just wait for Aces and flat raises with AKo pre. I didn't even realise at the time and mistook QQ < KK as a cooler, because that's all I knew. But REALLY, truthfully, it wasn't run-bad at all (which wasn't anything new to me, figuring stuff like this out, realising I wasn't running that bad in certain spots), and it was something that resinated with me forever as the moment I turned my poker life around. That little tiny moment where I questioned my own play, my own ability, stopped me from going broke and a getting a job. It turned my life around forever. Spend less time posting here looking for sympathy, and more time working on your game, and then maybe you'll feel less need to post in here. (for more than 1 reason)
    Posted by Smitalos

tl;dr
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Just had the most frustrating session ever : Trolls gunna troll Haters gunna hate Percivals gunna Perce Whether he's just in what he does (lurking the forums preying on subjectively lol-able posts), I feel like a bit of intraspection wouldn't go a miss, sir. Am I right in thinking you and I were involved in a thread in BBV a while back? Something to do with the RNG or something? You're going to be an extremely miserable player if you post here when you lose, AND also when you win (however small they may be). Have you lost 2/3 of your roll in a day, it singnifying your entire net worth? Could I go on to whine about how I've run worse than you? Maybe. But the answer is probably a no. Do you know why? Because losing 2/3 of your roll in 24hrs isn't just down to running bad. It's most likely me playing atrociously, and having shocking bankroll management to boot. It wasn't just lady luck that was pinning me down and ravaging my (albeit lovely lil') tushy, it was ultimately all my own doing. I remember when all I had to my name was about £300, and it was all in my SkyPoker account, and yet again I'd just lost another buy-in at 100nl, QQ < KK pre. *EVERY FFFF-IN TIME THEY FFFF-IN HAVE IT, ARE YOU FFF-IN SERIOUS, ARE YOU FFFF-IN SERIOUS??! WHAT THE FFFF IS GOING ON WITH THIS FFF-IN P.O.S. SITE?! I KEEP LOSING TO THESE MOTHERFFFF-IN MORONS AND I CAN'T FFF-IN TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!* Distraught and emotionally exhausted doesn't even come close. But after a day or two off, I finally realised something that I would've never seen otherwise. I was playing bad. Really bad. And i'm just talking about my pre-flop play here. I was getting in particular hands for 100bigs without even thinking about it. Just Auto-pilotting because I thought it was standard from my days grinding 200nl on PokerStars. But in actuality, getting in QQ vs some people is shocking, because there are some insanely nitty players that just wait for Aces. I didn't even realise at the time and mistook QQ < KK as a cooler, because that's all I knew. But REALLY, truthfully, it wasn't run-bad at all (which wasn't anything new to me, figuring stuff like this out, realising I wasn't running that bad in certain spots), and it was something that resinated with me forever as the moment I turned my poker life around. That little tiny moment where I questioned my own play, my own ability, stopped me from going broke and a getting a job. It turned my life around forever. Spend less time posting here looking for sympathy, and more time working on your game, and then maybe you'll feel less need to post in here. (for more than 1 reason)
    Posted by Smitalos
    No offence, but i haven't got a clue what you're on about lol. I haven't been involved in any threads to do with RNG or anything like that, i know it's not rigged or anything?

And also i think you've misunderstood me, i haven't complained or moaned one bit? All i was saying is that it was unbelievable to be dealt 50+ pocket pairs in one hour session, and flop a set 10+ times, and 5 times in a row. Same with flopped flushes and straights. I mean, i must have played maybe 150 hands in total, i can't remember exactly and at least 1/3 of them i flopped the nuts basically haha, all i am saying is that i have never seen anything like that before, and i posted this to ask everyone else if they have had a session like that.

The only reason i said it was frustrating was because i didn't get paid once when i hit, but i'm not bothered about that i know that is poker. I was laughing about it afterwards, i only lost £2 overall, it was just one of those sessions where i was running so good, but it was frustrating at the same time haha.

And that bad beat i posted losing with AK, i was almost 99% favourite to win after the flop, i mean it that doesn't qualify for a bad beat then what does? This place is called Brags Beats and Variance so this is where i post my Brags, my beats and variance topics. This is what it's for, right?

I honestly don't care that my AK got beat like that, or that i never got paid once when i flopped the nuts a million times, so i obviously can't be complaining or moaning about it lol. I just thought it would be a good thing to put on this, since it was just incredible.
  • edited June 2013
    Spend less time posting here looking for sympathy, and more time working on your game, and then maybe you'll feel less need to post in here. (for more than 1 reason)
    Posted by Smitalos
    I have no idea why you think i'm looking for sympathy, why? Like i said, this is the BBV section, so why shouldn't i post in here with my brags, my beats and variance stories? Would be no point having this section at all if that was the case lol.

I only post in here because i have nothing better to do really, i enjoy this forum, reading all the other topics in this section etc, maybe it's just me but i actually find most topics interesting.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Just had the most frustrating session ever : I have no idea why you think i'm looking for sympathy, why? Like i said, this is the BBV section, so why shouldn't i post in here with my brags, my beats and variance stories? Would be no point having this section at all if that was the case lol. I only post in here because i have nothing better to do really, i enjoy this forum, reading all the other topics in this section etc, maybe it's just me but i actually find most topics interesting.
    Posted by skeg01
    AFAIK, replying with 'Why not?' when someone's asking for your thought process, is probably the quickest way to devalue your argument. I'm not saying looking for sympathy is a bad thing, there's little wrong with reaching out to people for emotional support when you're going through tough times (either on or off the tables). But, when you're arm is practically stuck out there on a fairly regular basis, it's hard for people to give you 100% of their support, and it makes you seem like you're unable to fight your own battles/demons. (again, i'm not trying to imply this is how your posts are coming across, but it's just a way to increase your forum thread credibility)

If you want to engage the forum, title the thread as such, it's good for you. Don't make it too personal, and constantly ask questions of others. There's a big difference between 'stopping your trail of thought to let others have their say'... and 'listening, involving people in a genuinely rivetting discussion highlighting opposing views, bouncing ideas around for us all to learn and get better' (as players, socially, and as people too).

Instead of...

"I'm not getting action from sets of late. Familar, guys? :P"
    (this one (your one) wasn't bad, just lacking some real meat)

... turn it into...

"Just had a stretch of about 10 sets with no action, HUH-BLUH! Mentality pretty tough to take obv, but any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? How do you guys play sets, and what's the largest period you've all gone without stacking someone with a set? Anyone got any cool set HHs to share?"

Boom. Winner winnaaaaaaaaaa!

EDIT @00:59: Your post wasn't bad at all btw, just tips and tricks to improve the forum. Nothing meant personally obv.
  • edited June 2013
    become a pro imo
    Posted by percival09
    As mentioned at SPT, love your work sir!