You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM's - Larger Fields

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I used to enjoy the double your money tourneys, but have now moved on to Bounty Hunters as I like them, and you don't need to do well in the tourney to win anything, just take a few heads instead.

I was wondering what people thought, and what sky thought aswell to larger field DYM's?  I think they would be very popular, say 100-200 people enter instead of just 6, and 50% of the field get paid.

I would be a different kind of poker play, and I think it would be popular.  Also, I've not seen larger field DYM's on any other sites either.

What's peoples views on this?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Closest thing I've seen is 50/50 satellites. I think 9/10 seater single table DYM's would appeal to a lot of people but a large 100-200 people would be increadibly boring a drawn out just to double your buy in.
  • edited June 2013

Nowhere near enough traffic on Sky for 100 seater DYM's to be a success.

• edited June 2013
    I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick
  • edited June 2013
    register on the monday and the game will start on the wednesday if your lucky
  • edited June 2013
    they do 10 seater dym's on other sites.i think sky could introduce them too.

sky used to run a tournament each night,called 'surviver' I think,where 50% of the players went through to the next night,and so on,and there was a weekly final at the end of each week.this was good vfm and gave players the chance of a nice cash from as little as £1 entry fee.
    don't know why this tournie stopped as it always received a good entry.
    CAN WE HAVE IT BACK PLEASE SKY?

the timed tournies on sky usually last 15 mins or 30 mins and are similar to dym's ,in that you can protect your stack knowing you will receive a certain pay-out at the end,should you choose to.

I personally think dym's are good value for money,starting at 60p,and also for any new players the best place to start off playing.
    I also think they are the easiest discipline to beat.well they were for me anyway,and are a great way to build your bankroll with minimal risk, with the help of good BRM.they also teach you good discipline and patience,something that some players lack in, i'm sure.

:)
    dev

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: DYM's - Larger Fields:
    they do 10 seater dym's on other sites.i think sky could introduce them too. sky used to run a tournament each night,called 'surviver' I think,where 50% of the players went through to the next night,and so on,and there was a weekly final at the end of each week.this was good vfm and gave players the chance of a nice cash from as little as £1 entry fee. don't know why this tournie stopped as it always received a good entry. CAN WE HAVE IT BACK PLEASE SKY? the timed tournies on sky usually last 15 mins or 30 mins and are similar to dym's ,in that you can protect your stack knowing you will receive a certain pay-out at the end,should you choose to. I personally think dym's are good value for money,starting at 60p,and also for any new players the best place to start off playing. I also think they are the easiest discipline to beat.well they were for me anyway,and are a great way to build your bankroll with minimal risk, with the help of good BRM.they also teach you good discipline and patience,something that some players lack in, i'm sure. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    if i remember rightly the survivors numbers dropped massively and in the final game on the saturday it used to have about 10 players or something half of which were just mtt good regs that bought in on the saturday for £64 because it was usually a field of inexperienced players who were terrified of losing.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: DYM's - Larger Fields : if i remember rightly the survivors numbers dropped massively and in the final game on the saturday it used to have about 10 players or something half of which were just mtt good regs that bought in on the saturday for £64 because it was usually a field of inexperienced players who were terrified of losing.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    oh right, thanks,didn't know that.
    from what I remember there were around 150 or so on the 1st night and around 100 (with 25 or so buying in on the 2nd night) night, and 1/2 each night thereafter.)

I only entered on the 1st night for £1 anyway  lol & only made the last day once.
    so it's no big deal.  lol
    :)
    dev

• edited August 2013
    My personal opinion to the OP is that there is not enough traffic to do this...

In response to 10 man dym's, what attracted me to SKYpoker is the fact that here they are 6 man tables - faster to fill than 10 mans meaning more tables, more poker points, more traffic etc. 

I would much rather play 5 tables of 6 man, than 3 tables of 10 man,

Good luck at the tables x
  • edited August 2013
    Small point - Why would I play for 1-2 hours just to double my money when I can do it in 20-30 min in the current format.

If im commiting 1-2 hours to one game... it may as well be a tournament where there is a hefty prize up top relative to the buy in.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: DYM's - Larger Fields : if i remember rightly the survivors numbers dropped massively and in the final game on the saturday it used to have about 10 players or something half of which were just mtt good regs that bought in on the saturday for £64 because it was usually a field of inexperienced players who were terrified of losing.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Or else decent players who got through to the final for a quid and had some very nice cashes :) But your right they did drop massively and I think the last final I made there was only 3 in it before the regs bought in and we had less than 10 runners.
    As for 100 seater DYMs total non starter.
  • edited August 2013
    Bring back the Survivor tourneys imo! (Y)
  • edited August 2013
    wont happen and would be very boring with all the sit outs
  • edited August 2013
    Rather play 4 seated dym standard structure but start blinds at 50/100.  
  • edited August 2013
    If dym is increased to 10 player tables from 6 it will be an ABSOLUTE DISASTER for omaha. Its hard enough get the table filled as it is. Hope sky NEVER do this.

Ger