You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1 seat guarenteed - 2 people reg - sat cancelled

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Right this is boiling my pickle now. 

Basically i reg for a sat - normally for Nottingham 6 max, it has the following comment quoted from lobby

"One Guaranteed seat to the SPT Nottingham Quarter Final at 7:15pm tonight! This is the start of the journey to the £40,000 Guaranteed live event at DTD Nottingham on 27th and 28th July. Late reg for 15 minutes."

Now i reg, and someone else registers,  it arrives at start time and it cancels. WHY? You Guarentee a seat, see £7 overlay and cancel for what reason? Do you cancel the primo because it doesn't meet its guarentee? No? So why cancel this sat? 

Now it can still meet your guarentee anyways, you have 15 minutes late reg, How many people will look, oh SPT sat actually running, I'll have a shot, the fact that theres some overlay might even attract some other people in anyways thus helping you meet the quota. 

End Rant 

Comments

• edited June 2013
    There's some sort of minimum runner limit on all MTT's. I think it's three or four. It's not new but nor is it made clear on the tournament lobby...

It's a loose definition of "guarantee", isn't it? lol
  • edited June 2013
    First one of the day played with 4 runners so they are putting money in
    2 would be a bit ott
    Interesting to know what would happen with 3
  • edited June 2013
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion around this issue.

All of our satellites have a 3 runner minimum entrants on them.

The reason behind not allowing 2 players as the minimum is to stop players going all in on the first hand, thus creating 50/50 odds of winning an £11.50 seat for just £2.50.

I will endeavour to make this clearer in the future, however this particular situation very rarely occurrs.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks for reply Joe, good that i guess as i have seen and heard of this flipping for a seat. 

If that is made clear in lobby then no issues at all.