You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TIME ON £1TIMED S&G

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Is it not time that sky realise that the £1 timed game in the sit and go section of the site is abolished and bring back the 50p & £1 pound bounty hunters,

Im registered in a £1 timed competition since 2.19pm and its now 3.36pm and im still the only player registered.

Does anyone agree with me, are these sit and go timed games just a disaster...

BRING BACK THE MICRO BOUNTYS SKY...

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to TIME ON £1TIMED S&G:
    Is it not time that sky realise that the £1 timed game in the sit and go section of the site is abolished and bring back the 50p & £1 pound bounty hunters, Im registered in a £1 timed competition since 2.19pm and its now 3.36pm and im still the only player registered. Does anyone agree with me, are these sit and go timed games just a disaster... BRING BACK THE MICRO BOUNTYS SKY...
    Posted by tomred64
    Totally Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • edited June 2013

Agree. Plus the 10 seater SnG's.
  • edited June 2013
    There was some suggestion when the timed SNG's were introduced that they were pretty ridiculous. I might have made that suggestion myself. Waiting over an hour for a 15-minute timed tournament?... I think disaster is a bit strong but they certainly weren't an especially good idea.

Anyway, the Bounty Hunter SNG's, other variants and many of the buy-in levels were removed with the idea that players would be funnelled into a smaller number of SNG's which would then run more frequently, boosting traffic in the SNG lobby and eventually revitalising that whole section of Sky Poker. This was a good strategy, quite frankly, but it was only a first step.

Unfortunately absolutely no follow-up promotional activity took place. That has meant that very little progress has been made with SNG's. They still run infrequently. It just doesn't seem that SNG's feature in Sky's business model.

I can understand that Sky is not going to be able to draw big numbers away from Stars where you can grind large numbers of SNG's, but they have made no real effort at all and that seems a waste.

I don't think, from a business point of view, that bringing in more variants for the SNG lobby would be a good idea while the traffic is so low. If Sky want to see the SNG lobby thrive, they need to introduce a long-term promotion to encourage traffic and having the games run frequently is more important than offering many variants. However, if they're not going to run some sort of promotion, they might as well reintroduce the bounty hunters.

To be fair, though, I don't think I've ever seen a thread calling for the return of the Bounty Hunter SNG's that wasn't started by you, Tomred.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to TIME ON £1TIMED S&G:
    Is it not time that sky realise that the £1 timed game in the sit and go section of the site is abolished and bring back the 50p & £1 pound bounty hunters, Im registered in a £1 timed competition since 2.19pm and its now 3.36pm and im still the only player registered. Does anyone agree with me, are these sit and go timed games just a disaster... BRING BACK THE MICRO BOUNTYS SKY...
    Posted by tomred64
    SECONDED!
  • edited June 2013
    Don't forget the 35p b/h.
    They were ok 10 seater but preferred them 2x5 down to a 6 handed.
  • edited June 2013
    Some great points there Borinloner but in fairness when the bounty hunters were taken out there were a good few that were not happy, plus they did get filled and running a hell of a lot quicker than these timed games and more frequently too....

You probably know, im not on here to make money, im on here to have a bit of crack and enjoy a game but if i have to wait over an hour for a game it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Thats just my opinion.
  • edited June 2013
    maybe even just play the 12 seater ones to the finish top 3 get paid

Also the treble up ones were good.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: TIME ON £1TIMED S&G:
    Agree. Plus the 10 seater SnG's.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Bring these back please for forum games... Also I used to crush! :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: TIME ON £1TIMED S&G:
    In Response to Re: TIME ON £1TIMED S&G : Bring these back please for forum games... Also I used to crush! :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    BIG +1  Plus NL4 ten seater for a proper forum cash game