You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could/should i have got away from this

Hi guys
Well considering the call from the SB i felt that QQ+, AK would have raised pre so maybe oking at KQ, JJ AJ, JT, JTs and the dreaded QT. Once the rer came back i had a bad feeling and was pretty sure but felt i'd invested too much. It was going in. Now i still have 35% equityin the pot after the flop to catch the nut full house so the remainder should go in, shouldn't?. He'd played conservatively up to here with no bluffing and had a good hand but does this scream out QT to you and should i have folded at all in your opinion. I feel not but really i knew he had QT by the 5.5K raise. Bet sizes were bad (what would you do 2 1/2 times?) but it was going in.

Small blind 300.00300.0013273.75steelrod
Big blind 600.00900.0029485.00 Your hole cardsAA   colthedogFold    profman15Raise 1200.002100.0013675.00woody207Fold    mytylyn
Call 900.004200.0012373.75steelrodFold    Flop  KAJ

Show10Q   profman15ShowAA   Turn  10   River  3
WinStraight to the Ace28947.50 28947.50

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Never ever folding top set here.

He's probably happy getting it in with AK, AJ, JJ, KK, KJ (granted we have Ace blockers), maybe pr + draws, like AQ, big draws like QJss. The absolute worst case scenario is he's flopped a straight and even then we will make a FH about 1in4 times I think (maybe more often).
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Could/should i have got away from this:
    Never ever folding top set here. He's probably happy getting it in with AK, AJ, JJ, KK, KJ (granted we have Ace blockers), maybe pr + draws, like AQ, big draws like QJss. The absolute worst case scenario is he's flopped a straight and even then we will make a FH about 1in4 times I think (maybe more often).
    Posted by Lambert180
    HI Lambert
     Its a deepsatck. Dont you think in the SB ,prob any position actually, KK and QQ and AK would have raised pre to isolate or win the pot pre as he is oop. Maybe even JJ tbh. i still cant help feeling ithat the only hands left  that make sense to get ai are KQ, KJ, JJ and QT. The rer look like he wants action don't they.
    With only 5.5k to put in, i'm 90% sure he has QT tbh but felt that my equity (35% so 1 in 3 actually) justified the pot odds. Is this correct?
  • edited June 2013
    Well tbh, I'd just jam over his flop raise and then we simply take away all these issues, and probably get called by just as wide a range, if not wider because he's probably more likely to get it in V a shove with FDs etc than he would against all this min-re-raising jive that just makes it look so much like you're both desperate for the other person not to fold.
  • edited June 2013
    Flat flop re-evaluate turn. probably just check-call it off. Would prolly just 3b-jam QTo/JJ/KK on this flop though.
  • edited June 2013
    Cheers guys

Once his click back came, I tried to get a silly drawing hand away (the pain of him hitting etc..ha. prob as you say just shove is better). The right thing is that even though it stinks to high heaven of QT I should just go away and shove. Appreciate your opinions and respect them. If you both say I can't do anything but shove then that's fine for me. Thanks.