You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

benefits of joining a team

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
It seems many players are part of a team, i really enjoy poker online and in live comps.

Sky Poker seems to be a great site in mmy opinion and i am looking to go to some live events and i am on here most nights mainly in sit n go's and bounty hunters really enjoy it.

my question is what benefits do you get from being in a team?

also i have attempted tp become a proirity member but fell short by 1290 points do you have any tips for me in the future.

many thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    ...pulls up a chair & a 6 pack   ;-)
  • edited June 2013
    Being a team member makes no odds really you can play the dtd mon as an independant player.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: benefits of joining a team:
    Being a team member makes no odds really you can play the dtd mon as an independant player.
    Posted by est1967
    booooooo

Being in a team is great. You get advice, banter with other teams and a great railing party if you go deep in a tourney.

As a side note: please stop having me in your back pocket on the cash tables
  • edited June 2013

Posted by Smitalos

Spoilsport!  :-(

• edited June 2013
    put simply - comradery

You only have to attend an SPT event to see this in action, one of the best things I've done since starting to play poker is joining a team on Sky.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: benefits of joining a team : Spoilsport!  :-(
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hahaha! :P Couldn't resist man, sorry.

In all seriousness though, a team is good for emotional support both while playing (maybe in the form of a sweat, or railing fellow teammates), or away from the table when you're on really hard tilt and need to vent/let off some steam. It can also help financially if you want to get staked, or heck, bet props with people and just have fun.

There arn't any immediate negatives to joining a team that come to mind. The only thing I can think of, is not wanting to be associated with certain players (a man can be judged on the company he keeps, etc etc) or if you feel like you're giving away too much of an edge to people by being in a squad. Whether that means talking strategy, giving up your own free time when could be working on your game, or if it affects your action/image in some way at the tables.

Solid thread though, I'm all for people coming into the game joining teams, despite being a bit of a lone ranger myself, haha

GL out there guys
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: benefits of joining a team : Hahaha! :P Couldn't resist man, sorry. In all seriousness though, a team is good for emotional support both while playing (maybe in the form of a sweat, or railing fellow teammates), or away from the table when you're on really hard tilt and need to vent/let off some steam. It can also help financially if you want to get staked, or heck, bet props with people and just have fun. There arn't any immediate negatives to joining a team that come to mind. The only thing I can think of, is not wanting to be associated with certain players (a man can be judged on the company he keeps, etc etc) or if you feel like you're giving away too much of an edge to people by being in a squad. Whether that means talking strategy, giving up your own free time when could be working on your game, or if it affects your action/image in some way at the tables. Solid thread though, I'm all for people coming into the game joining teams, despite being a bit of a lone ranger myself, haha GL out there guys
    Posted by Smitalos

you know you want a weird looking hoody
  • edited June 2013
    if its the uniform you want browse the pictures and find the colour scheme you like

if you are more interested in some of the other benefits then each team have their own character

TPT for instance has the most active group of railers, so if having people cheering you on when you run deep then Team Poker Titans would be one to consider.

• edited June 2013
    I'd defo have to recommend joining a Sky Team.  I'd been a member of this site for 2 years and never even looked in the community section before (not a great user of computers lol).  However a few month ago I was invited to join the TPT team (Team Poker Titans) and I'm sooooooooo glad I did!!  It was the best decision I've made as I now feel a "proper" member of the forum lol.  The TPT players are great railers - and really bump your mood when you think you're on a bad streak.  Also they celebrate with you just as much when you're winning!!

Without the TPT team I know I would never have been brave enough to go to the SPT games.  I don't know any poker players from Sky in "real life" but I feel like I know the TPT members well enough to go and have a good laugh and drink with them at the SPTs.  (At the same time I'd like to say that all the Sky players were very nice at the SPTs lol - not just the TPTers!!)
  • edited June 2013
    Many thanks for the replies, how do i go about joining a team?

I would love nothing more to share hints,tips/ strategies to improve my game and venture into a few live comps.

only started back playing again and i must say the break was fantastic and love being on sky poker so great competitions on here
  • edited June 2013
    if its the uniform you want browse the pictures and find the colour scheme you like https://picasaweb.google.com/116075574842206351453/SPTBirmingham2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCOm6v-3ph6Dv6AE# if you are more interested in some of the other benefits then each team have their own character TPT for instance has the most active group of railers, so if having people cheering you on when you run deep then Team Poker Titans would be one to consider.
    Posted by GELDY

100% agree with this

If your wanting to pick a team i wouldn't worry about colour but try and find out about a few members of the team and look at group size too. 

Although I know some teams have entry requirements - nothing bad though. 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: benefits of joining a team : booooooo Being in a team is great. You get advice, banter with other teams and a great railing party if you go deep in a tourney. As a side note: please stop having me in your back pocket on the cash tables
    Posted by waller02
    Lol i must of got lucky,In all fairness you are a good nl 4 cash player keep up the good work grinding mate.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Hayles joining a team can be a very good move for some. It depends what you want from Skypoker. Some just want to play poker other want to get involved in the community. In my personal opinion if you join a team them the more input you have in that team the more you will get out of it. TPT take players of all skill levels, there are no set requirements although we do prefer to enlist players who could play the DTD on Monday nights. We also have our own website HERE and forum. This is open to anyone but there is aso a forum section for TPT members only. It's the ideal place to ask about poker strategy, improving your game etc.

If your interested in joining us just post on our thread HERE

FlyingDagg TPT Vice Captain
  • edited June 2013
    Haylez you appear to have joined  TPT back in November as far as I can tell.
  • edited June 2013
    Haylez you appear to have joined  TPT back in November as far as I can tell.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Shows what a close knit team TPT are! 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: benefits of joining a team : Shows what a close knit team TPT are! 
    Posted by percival09
    Yeh even hitman doesn't know he's our sponge man. No wonder we have so many casualties :)