You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

stupid fold or good fold?

webby234 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1845.00
ROBBIE_ Big blind  30.00 45.00 985.00
  Your hole cards

hogmurph31 Fold     
BAGGIE_13 Raise  60.00 105.00 2395.00
dreamer404 Fold     
garry1963 Call  60.00 165.00 1810.00
webby234 Call  45.00 210.00 1800.00
ROBBIE_ Call  30.00 240.00 955.00
Flop

webby234 Check     
ROBBIE_ Bet  180.00 420.00 775.00
BAGGIE_13 Raise  480.00 900.00 1915.00
garry1963 Raise  780.00 1680.00 1030.00

i will let you know what happened after i see what you guys would have done

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I dont know what type of game this is Webby but ur 2 moves are shove or fold. 

As u have played ur 4,4 in order to hit a set i would suggest that now u have done that u should want all ur chips in the middle.  However, with a bet, raise and reraise ur set looks done for and the fold would therefore be the decision to make.
  • edited December 2009
    plz tell me that you shoved....
  • edited December 2009
     All the problems in this hand occurred preflop. With a STUPID minraise and 3 calls nobody has defined their hand in anyway and they could be holding absolutely anything. I am trying to find ranges of hand sthat suit the post flop betting. A7 is definately in the mix as well as the flopped straight and or flush draw, pocket 5's and pocket 7's are also possible.

Even if you fold i can see this going at least 2 handed all in at this point in that situation how much do you like bottom set. You only have 60 invested and at this point the betting would suggest that you are behind or there is at least 1 big draw out there. This for me is a cut and run situation.Take the 60 chip hit and sit back and watch the carnage ensue. You can find a much better spot than this to get your chips in the pot
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: stupid fold or good fold?:
     All the problems in this hand occurred preflop. With a STUPID minraise and 3 calls nobody has defined their hand in anyway and they could be holding absolutely anything. I am trying to find ranges of hand sthat suit the post flop betting. A7 is definately in the mix as well as the flopped straight and or flush draw, pocket 5's and pocket 7's are also possible.   Even if you fold i can see this going at least 2 handed all in at this point in that situation how much do you like bottom set. You only have 60 invested and at this point the betting would suggest that you are behind or there is at least 1 big draw out there. This for me is a cut and run situation.Take the 60 chip hit and sit back and watch the carnage ensue. You can find a much better spot than this to get your chips in the pot
    Posted by Talon
    I don't know how you run with cards but I can go weeks without finding a better spot than this to get my chips in the pot.
    We could easily be up against two overpairs, or an overpair and a flush draw with two overcards. Even if someone has got the very unlikely straight, we are not in a horrid spot. If someone has flopped a better set, we just move onto the next game (or suck-out).
  • edited December 2009
    I agree with Colin above.. this hand came about because of the preflop action - no one has any idea where they are when the flop comes down and its entirely likely that any of the other three played 68 suited for 60 chips - equally its possible that there is a big slick or pocket rockets out there over betting a missed flop whilst kicking themselves for slow playing preflop!

In short you dont know! But you do know facing a bet, a raise and a reraise no one is leaving this pot other than you (hence the title of your post) I think you could fold if you reason that you are probably ahead but likely to be outdrawn if three other players stay in the hand with you...

But if all four of you are all in, you are getting nearly 3:1 and even if your set of 4's isnt good you are just about getting the right price to draw to a FH or Quads!

Calling and letting the others raise you all in is going to get the maximum pot with a great starting hand and a price to draw to an improved hand.
  • edited December 2009
    i agree with some of the posts, i could find a better spot, i have only lost 60 chips and decided to get away from the pot and wait for a better spot, funnily enough, there was no more action on this hand, garry showed he had the hit the straight, so i would have needed to hit the full house to win this pot, i was planning to move all in after the raise but when garry decided to re raise i was certain i was behind so got out of the way, thanks for your thoughts guys
  • edited December 2009
    u play 44 to flop a set....u flop a set i fink the hand plays itself imo
  • edited December 2009
    u play 44 to flop a set....u flop a set i fink the hand plays itself imo
    Posted by byrdy89
    Yea I think it looks like a nitty fold, but i think he was looking to flop a set and get it in against the PFR with an overpair. I think he did well to assess the action and change his line and pass. WP
  • edited December 2009
    Some fold by Baggie then when he could call for pretty much 6:1 for his money
  • edited December 2009
    plz tell me that you shoved....
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    i folded, pretty obvious i was behind, no point in trying to get lucky when i hd only wasted 60 chips, it was  £5.50 dym
  • edited December 2009
    What we're the other two hands?
  • edited December 2009
    winner had straight, nobody called him
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: stupid fold or good fold? : i folded, pretty obvious i was behind, no point in trying to get lucky when i hd only wasted 60 chips, it was  £5.50 dym
    Posted by webby234
    Next time can you tell us that the hand is from a double your money sit and go, because the truth is that double your money mentality is different to tournament and cash play.

EDIT Just to spell it out you were not trying to win, you were just trying not to lose.