You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SNG grinders?

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Interested to know if there are many people who use the old style first 2 paid 6max toruneys as their main game?

Loads of people seem to be playing cash/MTT/DYMs but I never really see the SNG given much attention.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I think its hard to grind a 6   handed sng top 2 paid  .The reasons being the variance in tournament sng play,I think you would need to win about 1 in 2 sng games to show a nice profit .Where as DYM games the same applies but it pays top 3 and you can be a lot tighter in these games.

Maybe you should do a diary on this and let us no how you get on.

Good luck.
  • edited June 2013
    Its my favourite sng on sky but they struggle to fill and I prefered the old payout structure.
  • edited June 2013
    Est1967, imo if you're a good player, it's much better to grind regular SnGs and a much better ROI is probably attainable because a good player's edge should be bigger than in a DYM. Alot of people have DYMs figured out... to a point... obv very few if any play perfect poker in DYMs but people are much more aware of the correct strat for the majority of situations.

The edge in DYMs, combined with the rake on Sky mean that edges higher up in DYMs as so minimal.

Also, I just think on the whole regular SnGs will make you a better player cos it gets this horrible survival mentality that so many people have out of your head and forces you to go for the win.

FWIW though, all the above is irrelevant because you could never grind regular SnGs on here because they simply don't run enough.
  • edited June 2013
    Certainly not a grinder but I do like to play the standard SnG's, usually £5.50s, the speed ones seem to be more popular. A semi-decent player can have quite a big edge in these imo, you get lots of recs playing them & you do see some pretty unorthodox plays :)

I wish they were more popular.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SNG grinders?:
    Certainly not a grinder but I do like to play the standard SnG's, usually £5.50s, the speed ones seem to be more popular. A semi-decent player can have quite a big edge in these imo, you get lots of recs playing them & you do see some pretty unorthodox plays :) I wish they were more popular.
    Posted by goldnballz
    If you make your way over to the mtt schedule, there are £5 speed bh's which play like multi table sngs. I have been speaking with priority to get more added to the schedule, they have already increased the offering between 6-8am but not many players are around at this time. 

The only downside is the rake is an eyewatering 15%, which again I have asked sky to look at given the popularity. One is running right now with 40 plus runners. 
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah played a couple of those acegooner, & they seemed pretty good games. But I reeeeeally begrudge paying 15% rake, lol.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: SNG grinders?:
    Yeah played a couple of those acegooner, & they seemed pretty good games. But I reeeeeally begrudge paying 15% rake, lol.
    Posted by goldnballz
    A man of your standing should have no probs ! I scoped myself having played more than 500 of these now, got a roi of 11% which is much more sng like than mtt. 

To be fair to sky, when I emailed them they added more to the schedule early morning. Mehhh, 15% is a gruesome rake and I have also raised this with them. If they get them added throughout the day I think sky will make a packet in rake, and should be in a position to reduce from 15 to 10%. 

I also await my commission payment mr sky poker !

• edited June 2013
    I prefer the 6 Max two paid games. There just needs to be more offered
  • edited June 2013
    I prefer regular 6 max sngs due to better ROI but I simply stopped registering for them as they rarely fill.