You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OMAHA WEEKEND

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
HI sky and all.

After talking to quite a few players we think it would be nice to have an Omaha Day/Weekend once a month say on the Saturday before the Sunday Super Roller to help raise the profile of Omaha.We were thinking along the lines of something like  £5 buy in with a £500g  and a £10 buy in with a £1000g.

Thoughts please.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Thats weird - was thinking just the same thing last night but with regards to PLO8 as i've been drawn into it recently.
    My thought was making the Main & Mini Omaha once a month.

I guess it depends whether Sky think it would get enough runners to hit the guarantee.

Fingers crossed
  • edited June 2013
    haha phil not content with crush holdem you want to crush ohama??
    Only joking mate
    Great Idea, have tweeted sky about this;')
    I think ohama would attract players esp if there was the odd largeish gtd and can only be good for the site.

Currently in lobby there's 7 mtt's, of 4 buyins and at different times but only the £5.50 is gtd at £100. There's an £11 at 2155 but no gtd, not sure of numbers, any1?
    Maybe they could start by making the £11 an hour earlier and giving it a £300 gtd??

Good Idea also Vespa on the mini main, but don't see that happening ;'(

Jon ;')
  • edited June 2013
    I like that idea Vespa, once a month main and mini being Omaha, to attract a bigger field  maybe add a few extra prizes for the final tables,  ie  an ipad  etc etc.

Cmon sky give it a go and advertise on the promo page.

Phil
  • edited June 2013
    This has to be one for Tikay and maybe he could start the TOT again but this time Omaha. With Sky backing it up with a bit of a slot on the tv maybe one a week to get more intrest in omaha.
  • edited June 2013
    As far as I know, they still can't broadcast Omaha hands on the console on 861, so they could discuss it if it was the ME but not actually show any action.

I don't personally think there is any where near enough of a market on here to have an Omaha ME. No ME is less than £33 (the Wednesday is £11 but it's basically £33 really if you wanna play optimally or at the least £22 if you don't double stack from the start), and I don't think Sky would want to reduce the BI of a ME and at the same time do this to introduce a game that is guaranteed to get less runners, just doesn't make sense for them.
  • edited June 2013
    We've been told that action is in the works to bring us a way to show Omaha hands on the channel for about three years now.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: OMAHA WEEKEND:
    As far as I know, they still can't broadcast Omaha hands on the console on 861, so they could discuss it if it was the ME but not actually show any action. I don't personally think there is any where near enough of a market on here to have an Omaha ME. No ME is less than £33 (the Wednesday is £11 but it's basically £33 really if you wanna play optimally or at the least £22 if you don't double stack from the start), and I don't think Sky would want to reduce the BI of a ME and at the same time do this to introduce a game that is guaranteed to get less runners, just doesn't make sense for them.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Okay, Paul fair point,  but see my original post, I didn't mention replaceing the ME with Omaha. Just an additional tournery once a month would be nice.
  • edited June 2013
    + 1,000,000

Great Idea ;o)