You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority?

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

Needing a target to keep me motivated for cash, was reading about getting in priority and it seemed like quiete a good thing to aim for.  I play 10nl, usually 4 tables I don't think I can play more then that.  How long would I need to play next month to get close to it, if its even possiable for a 10nl to do....

Comments

• edited June 2013
    a lot.

i done it under the old system but it was a long slog. i wouldnt think it was poss just with 4 tables. to give us an idea what was you longest seeion and biggest points total from last week. youve got to average around 330 per day each day to be on track
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Priority?:
    Needing a target to keep me motivated for cash, was reading about getting in priority and it seemed like quiete a good thing to aim for.  I play 10nl, usually 4 tables I don't think I can play more then that.  How long would I need to play next month to get close to it, if its even possiable for a 10nl to do....
    Posted by robbie1992
    Probably longer than it will take for tottenham to get into the CL again ;). Tintin can answer this, he managed it playing nl10, a lot more than 4 tables I think. 

Expect to pretty much play all day. 
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah very very hard.

I tried it the other month playing 30NL. I had to take a few days off for TSP etc but I had to play about 4-5 hours of 6tabling @ 30NL just to keep on top of the 330 points per day you'd need and so would have to keep that up for the full 30 days or put double volume in some days to be able to take days off.

vvvv hard to do it at 10NL.
  • edited June 2013
    Forget about it.

Focus on your winrate and improving your game at that level. Getting 10k points in a month will come naturally once you move up in stakes. Right now it is pointless grinding like a robot just to get into priority for 1 month as there are no long term benefits for you.
  • edited June 2013
    Ya cause setting ridiculous volume targets sure helps motivation. A clue: No.
  • edited June 2013
    Hey robbie yea i think its possible but youd have to be willing to play most the day and not play such a tight game.

More pots=more rake=more points of course.

But as curt pointed out your better off working your way up getting it for 1 month isnt gunna benefit you to bh only them 2 freerolls but stil i wouldnt say that was worth the effort especially for the amount of hours youd have to play.
    Just concentrate on your win rate work your way up and everything else will fall into place

Gl what ever you decide
  • edited June 2013
    :( fair enough then, seems like it would be impossiable no point trying lol what sort of targets can you set for cash games?
    heard its not good to set money targets as you might be 10byins down but could have done +ev moves long term so its pointless to judge your game like that.  I cant think of anything.

Ahhh Acegooner the way you arsenal fans still give banter even tho its a disgrace after our last 2 seasons we havnt finished top 4, have you accepted we cant keep just missing out and its a matter of time before were the main team in north London.  Tbh everyone considers us the better team but just be nice to make it official, matter of time ;)

We beat the S C U M 2-1!!!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Its not impossible for you to do it best thing you could do is 4 play all day and see how long it takes you to get 330 points then you can work out yourself if your up for goin for it.

The rewards of priority are not worth the time and effort of lower stakes players to go for it due to the amount of time you have to put in then the reward isnt anything special.

May i ask how you cant play more than 4 tables? is it your computer or just your conecntration levels drop.

As for cash targets there not a great idea just play your game and the profits will eventually show , keep a graph of your wins/losses but not a target or set amount.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to .:
    Ahhh Acegooner the way you arsenal fans still give banter even tho its a disgrace after our last 2 seasons we havnt finished top 4, have you accepted we cant keep just missing out and its a matter of time before were the main team in north London.  Tbh everyone considers us the better team but just be nice to make it official, matter of time ;) We beat the S C U M 2-1!!!!!!
    Posted by robbie1992
    Your such a good supporter you dont even know were your team finished ha
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to .:
    :( fair enough then, seems like it would be impossiable no point trying lol what sort of targets can you set for cash games? heard its not good to set money targets as you might be 10byins down but could have done +ev moves long term so its pointless to judge your game like that.  I cant think of anything. Ahhh Acegooner the way you arsenal fans still give banter even tho its a disgrace after our last 2 seasons we havnt finished top 4, have you accepted we cant keep just missing out and its a matter of time before were the main team in north London.  Tbh everyone considers us the better team but just be nice to make it official, matter of time ;) We beat the S C U M 2-1!!!!!!
    Posted by robbie1992
    LOL robbie as was pointed out by another poster you finished fourth last season remember? But you had the equivalent of a bad beat at poker with chelski winning the CL. And to reiterate what I said on another thread about your club, its your fans that always says they will qualify for the CL or win the league, not ours, thats why you get it in the neck from gooners. 

But not wanting to derail your original thread, good luck if you go for prio playing nl10, it will pretty much involve sleep, poker and not a lot else!
  • edited June 2013
    Alight technically we finished 4th but it doesn't count.  It was the worst 4th place finish you could ever have, we blew a 13 point lead and then the most flukey champions league win EVER, means we got nothing, so its not 4th place. Haha we always say it because it always seems so likely! its painful to even talk about......

KIDWIZ its abit of both, iv only gone up to 4 recently and struggle if its not against regs on all tables, so going to wait until im more confident.  I currently play 4 on a laptop and was playing a lot in the promo and only had lag once, but it does happen sometimes, I don't know why it only happens on occasions. I have to get a proper computer to multitable properly don't I?....
  • edited June 2013
    I see well im not enjoying cash as much anymore just to many tables with 4+ regs to near enough every table wish theyd bring out a promo for amount of flops seen or sumit wouldnt mind that lol.

So i been playing alot of hypers £10.50 and £21 as of late so i dunt have to wait 4 hours to get AA v a regs KK for a double up!

Maybe its your connection who knows?

I wouldnt say you have to get a proper computer depends what one your using atm?

I use a laptop as i like to take it everywhere i go i currently use a

Lenovo 17.3 , 1TB , 8GB only cost me £400 from argos got it 2 weeks ago and i have ran up to 12 tables and not the slightest bit of lag either but ive never been one for playing many tables.
  • edited June 2013
    read curts answer then go about your daily business
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah it is the same faces pretty much everyday.  Cash can be very tedious tbh, I don't know how they can look at a screen with loads of times just playing hand after hand.  Sounds good, I don't think ill need to play 12 but always nice to no you can if you want too lol I think ill leave it at 4 until I improve my win rate then move it up.

Thanks for the views everyone.
  • edited June 2013
    Easy!  Just grind!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Priority?:
    Easy!  Just grind!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Machine!