You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OOPS PSYCHO(UNDER 21 S)

OOPS PSYCHO PEARCE-WHAT A SHOWING IN THE UNDER 21 EURO GAMES.
MAKES ME EVEN MORE SURE THERE'S TOO MANY OVERSEAS PLAYERS IN OUR LEAGUES-OUR YOUNG PLAYERS DON'T GET A LOOK-IN.

I'LL AWAIT THE BLASTS ON THIS ONE LOL.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Its the fault of the system not the manager.

Too many of the younger players get called up direct into the main England squad before they have any major tournament experience.

This hurts not only the U21's but the senior team also.

I think i'm right in saying that 3 or 4 players were on a jolly in Brazil when they should have been with the U21's.

I also agree that a lot of clubs would rather shell out mega bucks for overseas players than invest in our youngsters.
    I don't understand why they don't have a limit on overseas players like they do in cricket.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: OOPS PSYCHO(UNDER 21 S):
    Its the fault of the system not the manager. Too many of the younger players get called up direct into the main England squad before they have any major tournament experience. This hurts not only the U21's but the senior team also. I think i'm right in saying that 3 or 4 players were on a jolly in Brazil when they should have been with the U21's. I also agree that a lot of clubs would rather shell out mega bucks for overseas players than invest in our youngsters. I don't understand why they don't have a limit on overseas players like they do in cricket.
    Posted by VespaPX

Its something to do with the EU and UEFA. I know Spain and Italy have things like non-EU rules. Spain i think its 3 non-EU players and they have a very weird citezenship rule. Italy i think are looser but you can only sign one non-EU based non-EU player in a set period. In Britain we obviously have the work permit but that just results in singing a player sending them to Belgium for 2 years and brining them back.

Loop Holes. 

I know what the English game is currently going through, up here we've been through all that and are now comming out at the other end of the tunnel. It needs to be sorted but its not something the England manager or U21 manager can sort.