You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flush draw with 2 overs 20nl

edited June 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Thoughts appreciated, hero full stack and villian had about £5 I think
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
AJ_Rockets Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £37.83
x Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £13.21
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

calcalfold Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £17.72
Donttelmum Fold        
bartoniron Fold        
daviddev17 Fold        
AJ_Rockets Fold        
x Raise   £0.80 £1.70 £12.41
calcalfold Call   £0.40 £2.10 £17.32
Flop

x Bet   £2.10 £4.20 £10.31

Comments

• edited June 2013
    min 3bet from fish usually reps strength, now its a question of if he ever has TT/JJ or AK AQ ect. 

Vs TT+ we have 46% according to equilab

vs KK+ it drops to 36%

if we shove we're risking £12.50 to win £14.50 when he calls so it's gonna be unprofitable to get it in vs a range of KK only but fine vs TT+ assuming he always calls when we ship

calling is an option but it results in almost always folding turns that we miss
  • edited June 2013
    Min raise pre followed by full pot on the flop screams strength. However, are we not playing KQs to hit flops like this?

If it's your last few pounds to your name then maybe fold. Don't think calling the flop is a great option as he will probably move in on the turn and we really ain't getting the odds then if it's a total brick.

Raise flop and give him a spin. You never know, you might even get a fold.

nb; you won't get a fold ;)
  • edited June 2013
    wonder if hes had a spin with A 2-4 spades?. or floped  a set.
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks for the info.

I shipped over for his last few quid.

He had 77 and I got there with the 7of spades
  • edited June 2013
    77 rofl well don't I look like a ____ (insert word of choice) 

• edited June 2013
    I dont mind a ship here. Pretty sure NColley has his equity wrong v JJ and lower. I might be wrong, will stove later If we raise we have to call off so why not increase fold equity. 

• edited June 2013
    If I call this hand in 3bet pot and get this flop don`t think i`m folding I prob just raise his flop bet to say £5.20 and call a ship, don`t mind just shipping either though.
  • edited June 2013
    Raise 2 a fiver, and oppo calls.

We brick the turn, what then?
  • edited June 2013
    Don't think oppo is just gonna flat a raise oop and with the stack sizes involved. 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush draw with 2 overs 20nl:
    Raise 2 a fiver, and oppo calls. We brick the turn, what then?
    Posted by LARSON7

opponent only has £12ish so by raising to £5+ you are basically its your move shove or fold but if opponent is bad enough to just call and the turn bricks we still have to get it in with the money in pot so far.

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush draw with 2 overs 20nl : opponent only has £12ish so by raising to £5+ you are basically its your move shove or fold but if opponent is bad enough to just call and the turn bricks we still have to get it in with the money in pot so far.
    Posted by liamboi11

yeah but we have less fold equity now. 

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush draw with 2 overs 20nl : yeah but we have less fold equity now. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I get that but if opponent bad enough to call the raise on flop for half stack prob could be bad enough to fold turn.

the more likely is though if he has not folded flop he prob ain`t folding ever so you can choose to get it in on turn or take free card this obviously if opponents checks first lol.

but what I initailly meant by just get it in was if they call flop and then they ship turn i still don`t think I fold so fold equity does not come into it if he`s the one shoving.
  • edited June 2013
    you have no fe on flop

if your having problem with this flop then just fold pre

• edited June 2013
    put him all in gotta think ya 2 overs are live aswell as ya spade outs 
  • edited June 2013
    If I call this hand in 3bet pot and get this flop don`t think i`m folding I prob just raise his flop bet to say £5.20 and call a ship, don`t mind just shipping either though.
    Posted by liamboi11
    I never seen the stack sizes, not best to just ship it if that's the plan when we have good equity, instead of going to a fiver and bricking the turn? And in quite a bad spot.

We hit our flush, and might not get paid off? (if we do hit)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush draw with 2 overs 20nl : I never seen the stack sizes, not best to just ship it if that's the plan when we have good equity, instead of going to a fiver and bricking the turn? And in quite a bad spot. We hit our flush, and might not get paid off? (if we do hit)
    Posted by LARSON7
    as i said i think either is fine only thing with shipping it does look like you have a draw and happy take pot there and then but with raising half their stack looks even stronger imo but that was just an idea not saying either way is best,But ideally we want it in on flop.

but yeah has a said if they are bad enough to call and we brick turn, yeah we have less equity now but we can still either get it in anywayz or check back get the free card and be in position on the river.

I`m just giving another way to play the hand rather than playing the hand same way all the time.

you still playin cash btw?
  • edited June 2013
    i am never calling on flop here as if u dnt hit ya gonna fold on the turn much better to set him in 
  • edited June 2013
    verus oppo range there is only one way to play the hand that will return a greater ev
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Flush draw with 2 overs 20nl : as i said i think either is fine only thing with shipping it does look like you have a draw and happy take pot there and then but with raising half their stack looks even stronger imo but that was just an idea not saying either way is best,But ideally we want it in on flop. but yeah has a said if they are bad enough to call and we brick turn, yeah we have less equity now but we can still either get it in anywayz or check back get the free card and be in position on the river. I`m just giving another way to play the hand rather than playing the hand same way all the time. you still playin cash btw?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Cheers mate, always find flush draws tricky. Love getting it in if i have more than a flush draw, but KQ here i would brickin it, pot sized bet looks really strong. A lot more so than 7s.

Yeah still playing cash badly lol
  • edited June 2013
    Here's another flush draw, tho from a MTT

Maybe i was a bit gunho shipping over the raise. Brilliant flop for me, so i am quite happy i shipped, but don't know if it is the right move here.
    williwont Small blind  30.00 30.00 1640.00
    lcfcfan14 Big blind  60.00 90.00 1475.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

cleo86 Raise  120.00 210.00 1730.00
    LARSON7 Call  120.00 330.00 5085.00
    Avaty Fold     
    blacc Fold     
    williwont Fold     
    lcfcfan14 Fold     
    Flop