You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop the nuts in a HU game....

edited December 2009 in Area 51
Yup, runner runner

And, the player dissapeared (hit and run) as soon as the hand ended. we had only played 3 hands...

Im not moaning im just in shock!
XXXXXXXXX Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £8.17
GREGHOGG Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £14.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

XXXXXXXXX
Raise   £1.35 £1.80 £6.82
GREGHOGG All-in   £14.00 £15.80 £0.00
XXXXXXXXX
All-in   £6.82 £22.62 £0.00
GREGHOGG Unmatched bet   £5.98 £16.64 £5.98
XXXXXXXXX
Show
  • K

GREGHOGG Show
  • A
  • J

Flop

• Q
  • K

Turn

• K

River

XXXXXXXXX
Win Full House, Kings and 2s £15.81   £15.81

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Just bad luck mate.
  • edited December 2009
    Why is he on a 15p - 30p table with £8?

Not a lot you can do about that though is there, If there willing o call the all in pre-flop with that then what are you gonna do mate lol
  • edited December 2009
    king high heads up is a strong hand, so i dont mind the call pre flop. after that just extremely bad luck for you greg
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game....:
    king high heads up is a strong hand, so i dont mind the call pre flop. after that just extremely bad luck for you greg
    Posted by webby234
    This is a joke right?

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : This is a joke right?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    He didn't put a little smiley face after the comment!

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : This is a joke right?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    not saying i would play the hand the same but you cant blame him for playing king high heads up, you fold king high instantly heads up do you?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : not saying i would play the hand the same but you cant blame him for playing king high heads up, you fold king high instantly heads up do you?
    Posted by webby234
    With a 2 kicker to a huge ai by Greg, yes, I think I might.
    I would be mucking so quick there would be scorch marks on the virtual baize.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : not saying i would play the hand the same but you cant blame him for playing king high heads up, you fold king high instantly heads up do you?
    Posted by webby234
    OOP, I mix up folding and 3b suited K rag depending on how often my opponent is olding to 3b's, opening the button, and generally call K9-KJ + mix up 3b & call /w KQ.

Obv am opening any K on the btn but i'm obviously not calling it off to a 3b.

Theres a difference between folding King-rag instantly and raise/calling off ~28BB's pre.
  • edited December 2009
    yes but the has put £1.50 into pot and is only sat with about £7, he knows he could be behind to an ace but i think he is willing to take that chance with his k2 suited, am not saying his play deserves rewarding or praising but its not the worst play in the world by a long shot 
  • edited December 2009
    yes but the has put £1.50 into pot and is only sat with about £7, he knows he could be behind to an ace but i think he is willing to take that chance with his k2 suited, am not saying his play deserves rewarding or praising but its not the worst play in the world by a long shot 
    Posted by webby234
    I'm not saying his play is the absolute worst play in the world, I'm just saying it's totally horrendous.
  • edited December 2009
    It was 60/40 preflop all AND the money was in preflop - do the order of the cards matter if you paid to see all five.

I'm sure we have all seen much worse than this.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : I'm not saying his play is the absolute worst play in the world, I'm just saying it's totally horrendous.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    you have no clue what you are on about fingers, if your not happy with king high heads up then you should pack in playing full stop.

the guy had already committed £1.50 to the pot, he then has to think about putting his last £6 into a £16 pot, so he's getting 7/4 to make the call in a 60/40 situation! what part of this makes you think its horrendous?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : you have no clue what you are on about fingers, if your not happy with king high heads up then you should pack in playing full stop. the guy had already committed £1.50 to the pot, he then has to think about putting his last £6 into a £16 pot, so he's getting 7/4 to make the call in a 60/40 situation! what part of this makes you think its horrendous?
    Posted by webby234
    would be surprised if he had 40% vs his range.

He didn't even have 40% vs his EXACT HAND in this spot means little to nothing.
  • edited December 2009
    he could have been up against qj or small pp, he was 38% v AJ

therefore his play was not horrendous no matter which way you look at it
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : you have no clue what you are on about fingers, if your not happy with king high heads up then you should pack in playing full stop. the guy had already committed £1.50 to the pot, he then has to think about putting his last £6 into a £16 pot, so he's getting 7/4 to make the call in a 60/40 situation! what part of this makes you think its horrendous?
    Posted by webby234
    At the time that he calls for his last £6.82 there is £9.82 (minus rake) that he can win in the pot. Therefore the pot odds are actually 1.44/1 or roughly 7/5 if you prefer - nowhere near 7/4. So calling and hoping to be 40/60 at best is pretty horrendous.
  • edited December 2009
    Very Unlucky Greg.. I shall find him and ignore him in protest.

OUCH.

x
  • edited December 2009
    Very Unlucky Greg.. I shall find him and ignore him in protest. OUCH. x
    Posted by LML
    Yep, watch out for that guy "xxxxxxxx" - he's always dishing out bad beats.
  • edited December 2009
    he could have been up against qj or small pp, he was 38% v AJ therefore his play was not horrendous no matter which way you look at it
    Posted by webby234
    Lol, if he has a small PP how does he have 40%?

u crazy.
  • edited December 2009
    I love these posts that ignore the simple fact of the matter, that sky is largely populated with recreational gamblers!

Talk about putting the an-al in analysed!

xxxxxxx fancied a gamble - he brought 8 quid to that table - theres your flag for what he's about.

He gets K hi and suited, now he's seen the fulltilt advert, he knows how to play this! They are never normally more than 70/30 behind and could be ahead.. so he's calling Greg shouting "flop you" and waving his hat in the air!

The cards flip over - he's only 60/40 behind! Yes - he kisses the dog! (the dog knows about EV you see)

The flop cards, eh, yer thats it... the flop cards flop over!

The rush is tremendous! He burns himself with a cigarette "Aw baby!"

Daggmanit! He's dead in the water! Looks like the rest of the evening is just him and Dave TV...

No wait there's hope! Now there's a turn for the better!

The pause before the river "Hit me... Hit me!".

And there it is! xxxxxxxxx "poker god!"

Went in behind and came out ahead... wooo hooo!

"Cash Back! Back of the Net! See You later big man!" The dog looks worried!

And with thats he is off!

And that quick profit will pay for his next DYM and a dip into sky vegas.

Better value than betting on Liverpool innit!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Flop the nuts in a HU game.... : Yep, watch out for that guy "xxxxxxxx" - he's always dishing out bad beats.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I think he is colluding with Villian.